Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The best boss fight ever to kick off? Sounds good.

I remember reading reviews of Sakura Wars back in the mid-90's along with the obviously pointless wishes that it would come out in the West, so I'll be looking forward to this. LPs that do all the hard translation work for us are great.

Not voting for a love interest yet, but definitely voting we go nowhere near the 9-year old ever again. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Heh, the clothing change scene was quite humourous. Well done.

But drat, is this game off to a boring start. Changing clothes? Punching tickets? The hell?

And while we're giving feedback, I don't suppose you could swap out the emoticons for conversations for something else? Say their names, or their little portraits from the game? As time goes on it'll be hard to remember which female character is which if you stick with those emots (except for :synpa: that's pretty easy to keep track of).

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 23, 2007

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo, Maria's gigantic compared to the rest. :psyduck:

And Rolling Thunder truly is a kickass name. And a great video game, and a wrestling move, and a...etc etc :D

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wow, that battle looked awesome.

Although it strikes me as a bit odd from a videogame perspective, Ogami taking a breather from kicking rear end mid-battle to hit on chicks is a pretty cool thing to do. :D

I also like the lack of Iris in that update. I approve!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Verbose posted:

If anyone was on the fence about Maria, her (trying to at least)going against the enemy before they have a chance to power up ought to get you fully in Camp M.

:patriot: Signing up for duty at Camp M, sir!

The only real competition is Sakura, and while she's a samurai badass, Maria is a stone-cold sniping badass.

I vote that nobody goes for Sumire, nobody goes for the drunk chick - just ask Karen from Harvest Moon :colbert:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

b-but I LIKED Karen from Harvest Moon :(

Sorry, my man, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Team Elli, reporting in!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That... That's insane.

Sakura's totally gonna kick Kohran's rear end, now. She's seen Ogami naked and had her way with him? Big trouble.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Grunduggerer posted:

She belittles Ogami just to see if he's man enough to put her over his knee and sp... um... well, I'm sure that comes up as an option later. OR IT SHOULD!!

Oh God, now spanking Iris is definitely come up as an option later :gonk:

I'm sticking with Maria though, and repeating that those MS Paints were great!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

(Top choice read "Well, how could I refuse...", bottom choice read "Sorry, I'm still in the middle of doing the rounds, so...")

Oh man, this was the most hilarious update yet. Not moving away from Team Maria just yet, but Sumire is certainly showing a nicer side :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

NARROWLY AVOIDING DEATH! THE BRAVE FLOWER DIVISION!!

[Ogami]

Uwaaaaaaah!!

[Sakura]

Kyaaaaaaaa!!

[Sumire]

Oh my~~~~~!!

[Maria]

The stage... how did this happen...

Ahhh, Maria - cool and calm even while the rest of the team are screaming like girls. Including Ogami.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tomn posted:

So, does mystery finger blowjob lady win the award for most bizarre hairstyle so far? Also, bumping for new page.

It really is a weird looking haircut. It almost look like she's got a receding hairline. :psyduck:

Hence, my vote remains with Maria or Sumire.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh, that poor, poor Samurai. :(

And we will not have Maria and Kohran lessening Sumire's popularity? You hear me? :argh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BlondRobin posted:

(So who wants to take guesses as to what Maria's depressing past is? I'm guessing she has a dead lover who was killed by the Hive of Darkness when one of them mistook him for a food stand during one of their weekly park raids; either that or an accident with the Koubu.)

Swap lover for parents and you've got my vote.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Come now, you know as well as I do that boobs are behind every decision made by every man ever.

They make the world go 'round. :colbert:

And Kohran's aren't swaying me. Sticking with Sumire.

We've got more bikini-clad lessons to look forward to, too!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sumire]

... money is the root of all evil.

Screw you Spirit Armor - you won't change my vote from Sumire! :argh:

Also, for those voting for Kanna... Uh, she looks more like a dude than Ogami does at times...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

You say that as if I had been trying to insult Sumire. :confused:

You - you gave her the evil Iris eyes! What was I supposed to think?

And it's taken me far too long to notice that if you swap the e and the u in Sumire, you get my handle. That's some retroactive creepy poo poo right there.

To that end, I'm changing my vote to Maria.

And no, not just because the MSPaint in the last update was freaking awesome.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Morgenthau posted:

The cuteness of this pic is tempered by the identity of the person holding Chibi-Maria. Kanna X Maria seems to be a very popular fanfic pairing. :gonk:

So wait, that's a fully grown Kanna holding a baby/toddler aged Maria? :gonk::gonk::gonk:

I was about to say JAPAN:argh: but instead I'll say CREEPY FANS THE WORLD OVER!:argh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:neckbeard: Hooray! Sumire's winning!

...Oh poo poo, Sakura's coming second. I fear something terrible is going to happen to Sumire... :(

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Look, far be it for me to poo poo on an anime-based LP, but KANNA IS A DUDE JESUS CHRIST.

Next shot shows some breasts, but hey, at this point Ogami could have a good set and we wouldn't know because Kanna is more manly than the loving male protagonist.

That said, my vote remains with Sumire. Vast, female tracts of land.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dominic Hokage posted:

Joke's on you, Iris is a man too.

And that man is the devil himself.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha ha - that was awesome.

Not sure on whether my vote status was with Maria or Sumire, but I'm voting Sumire now so we can see her version of that. I expect great things :haw:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy Christ, man, do not go on a date with that... thing. Even if Iris wasn't pedobait who would go on a date with a reaver of souls? Honestly.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy PowerPoint posted:

What the hell, I'll vote for Sumire. Women who look like men scare me.

I've already voted for Sumire so votes like this make me happy :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Thus, when That Time arrives (i.e. when it's time to determine who will be Ogami's top pilot, wink wink nudge nudge etc), I'll just reset the votes and let you all decide WHICH of the top three pilots will be the Chosen One.

... so basically, what Locus Cosecant was saying. Thoughts?

I don't mind this idea - I'll still be voting for Sumire anyway, but at least this way votes won't be wasted on trying to get Iris in. :downs:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Voting for Sumire since Kanna doesn't need our help.

poo poo, the mansion would probably be better off if Ogami just went home at this point, but that's not an option, unfortunately.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

I, is that so... I was just hoping that it'd... go pretty well.

:masterstroke:

Great update! Glad to see the return of the MS Paints - it's been a while!

But Ogami seems to be broken... :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor Post 1 posted:

[Ogami]

Wasn't I only gone for, like, two minutes? How--

[Sumire]

Well, you see, Ensign--

[Iris]

Yaaay, it's Oniichan!

This almost seemed like a slip, but then I remembered Ogami-bot. Clearly there are multiple copies!

Spirit Armor Post 2 posted:

----
[Ogami]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Sumiyoshi/ST%20LP/Ogami-Srsly.jpg[/IMG[
I mean, if it was ME doing that, then yes, you'd be worried...

And sorry to be nitpicky, but the tags on this one are messed up.

Other than that, great update! I'm guessing we skipped a lot of tedious stuff, there, and SA just kept bringing the funny.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Also, I fixed the mistakes you pointed out. Your post now looks delusional. :iamafag:

You... you bastard! :argh:

Keep up the good work!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spellcheck posted:

what more can you want in a women!

This combined with your username is quite humorous.

Vote Sumire.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Semiru
Smeiur
Smieur
Smiuer
Smuire
1. Sumire!
2. Maria
3. Kohran

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Well, huzzah.

I realise the shooting thing is a bit of a non-choice here, but does it have any implications down the line?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's great to have you back, SA! This thread is well written and very entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

NEXT TIME: OH NO, IT'S THE YAY UPDATE

• Locked thread