Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So do you have the game or is this knowledge second-hand? I ask because, both as a convert to the holy church of Sumire and a lover of rougelikes in general, I feel an almost irrational need to play it.
If you have played it, does one need to know japanese to play it or is the basic premise simple enough to handle?

If you played any of the mysterious dungeon games then its basically that with a sakura wars theme over it with new stuff like team attacks and voice recognition. If you don't understand Japanese then for the most part you wont understand the story and you'll have a hard time figuring out what the items they do and sometimes you'll be required to spell out your answer with the touch pen other than that its still playable.

Its not as hard as shrien the wander since when you die you keep what you had equipped but you lose everything in your inventory and you and the girls keep their levels. The game switches back and forward with Ogami or Taiga depending on what chapter in your in. Each girl is different, some can heal some are ranged attackers while others use melee attacks and some even find and destroy traps. You can also call out to the girls using the mic on the ds if you need to change their AI or their inventory for the most part it works well theres a few times it'll end up calling the wrong girl. Theres a ton of voice acting in this game which is kinda surprising for a ds game and most its in good quality. If you like Sakura Wars and rougelikes then you'll want to get this.

first 7 minutes of the game http://youtube.com/watch?v=E6W53qRVjIk

Shingin fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

Spirit Armor posted:

Hahaha, nice, I was wondering if someone was ever going to upload that. The only similar video clip I'd ever seen was on Moontube, and it had every combination attack in every Sakura Wars game ever.

I believe this is the video your talking about http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1398055
it covers the sat/dc/ps2 versions of st1/2/3/5 team attacks.
Some are awesome while others are :wtc:

Shingin fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 21, 2008

• Locked thread