Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm only halfway through this thread (loving loving it, thankyou), but I decided to skip to the end so I could vote for Maria. I always like seeing the character that goes through the most dramatic character change have the good end, and lords knows, the poor girl needs someone to love her. Vote for Maria, faggots!

Anyways, back to page 34 to catch up, AWAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Hellioning posted:

I'm sorry, are you assuming that we are voting on them based on how good a character they are?
Why yes. Yes I am. :colbert:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Zereth posted:

Did you miss the part in the first post where he said voting isn't open?
I can still register my support!

Bart Roberts III posted:

:words:
Given this, when the time does come to vote, I do hope it's preferential.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MagicHateBall posted:

Problem solved!

vote maria
Yeah, I'm all vote Maria and all but ...whot?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

veekie posted:

That is hilarious, now can someone bring up Ogami in that costume Maria was posing with? Or crossdressed as Iris, I'm not too picky in my pursuit of :gonk: for all of goonkind.
...c...can we not? :gonk:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh yeah, Sakura. I forgot about her.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'll be honest, ever since she was introduced I have not like Koran at all and her chapter was loving retarded in my opinion, but in between the spinning plates, glowy ghost glasses, one-liners and the off-loading of an epic :iceburn: at Sumire's expense she has finally won me over.

Koran is awesome. :iamafag:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

Congratulations on having your thread reach 3000 posts, Spirit Armor!

How far until we get to choose Maria?
Fixed. :colbert:

Also, congrats. This is, by and far, one of my all-time favourite threads. Every update I know I will laugh.

Congrats.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SirSamVimes posted:

You mean about half a chapter until Maria gets chosen? Brilliant.
Despite being in the Maria camp a fair bit, I was actually tossing up between her and Sumire. That is, until I found out how utterly gimped Sumire's mecha was.

I mean jeez, even Iris has more of a use than her, and that's just not right.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

little_firebird posted:

Here's what Maria thinks of your "Pirate King". Gawd. :colbert:
MAN JAW.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
1. Maria
2. Sumire
3. Kanna

I am only saying Iris for her healing powers; Sumire is my normal third choice, but she's a gimp in battle, so no.

Edit: Wait no, gently caress THAT. What the hell was I thinking? Sumire at #3 dammit.

Edit #2: Changed again for strategic purposes.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 10, 2008

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Psycho Serum posted:

I like this thread. Its like a psychopaths of tomorrow convention.
We try.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Gils posted:

Still don't understand all the love for Maria, though. She seemed pretty unexceptional to me.
Because she is badass. Also, it's one of the most unlikely, improbable matches for a woman like Maria to end up with a man like Ogami. It can only result in comedy.

Delicious, awkward and painful comedy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I hope everyone's prepared for bullets, brawn and blowing poo poo the gently caress up.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Edit: I wonder how long before we cause riots over people thinking there's been an update only to find this rather nerdy discussion instead? I haven't seen any complaints yet...
Until now. Good lord, it is far too ADTRW in here.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This Maria/Ogami-marvelling at Tenkai's stupidity, and the Koran/Kanna fight-with-brain versus fight-with-fist combo is loving hilarious.

Spirit Armor posted:

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

- L. Altair.
I see what you did there. Also, pre-emptively casting my vote for Glycine and Saggita.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

So, the security system of Tenkai's base is irrevocably linked to the means of producing his army which is in turn linked to its supply line.

[Maria]

That is correct, Captain.

[Ogami]

And all three are within spitting distance from the horribly-concealed entrance, which is in turn located right next to a main road.

[Maria]

Yes, Captain.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

How the hell did we let the Hive of Darkness get away with doing everything it's been doing for nearly half a year?

[Maria]

That's a question that keeps me awake some nights, Captain.

[Ogami]

You and me both, Maria. You and me both.

Oh God, I never realised how truely stupid this is until you said it. By God, it's amazing Tenkai hasn't somehow managed to accidently kill himself.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Schadenfraulein posted:

No, I think you meant Erica and Subaru. And awaaaaaaay we go! :v:
Oh ho ho, now you've gone and done it. A klutzy God-botherer and TINY SHORT SHORTS? Hell no. Give me pirate ships and "Downtown Heart" anyday. :colbert:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Putting aside the notion of lightening actually somehow stealing a belly-button; of someone of Sakura's age still being frightened of such a thing and of that being a retarded thing to be mostly afraid of happening after being hit by lightening, it's always been a little :psyduck: for me as to just why losing your belly-button is such a terrifying experience. It's not as if it has that much of a use and it's not as if losing it is going to disable you in any way, shape or form. Hell, if I got hit by lightening and that was the worst that happened, I'd consider myself incredibly lucky.

Sakura really is batshit insane.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Schadenfraulein posted:

Why in God's name is she sucking on a Chupa Chup that still has its wrapping on. More importantly, why does this strike me as the only thing wrong with this picture.

I've been on the internet too long.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bahahahahahahaha! Tenkai is such a gimp.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That was so lame. So awesomely, entertainingly lame. :v:

Spirit Armor posted:

OH JAYSIS. I sincerely hope Koran has genetically engineered Predator up her sleeve or something.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

little_firebird posted:

How odd you should mention that...because one has already been written :3:
God, why?! :psyduck:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As much as I like Maria/hate Koran, part of me wishes to see what it would be like for Ohgami to reject Maria (after her asking him no less) after all of the "I feel pretty and can actually seem attractive to the opposite sex instead of mistaken for one" thing. :v:

Also, gently caress me, what the everloving Christ is Sumire wearing?!

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 14, 2009

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Christ, she's happy. I think I finally get that "patently ridiculous" thing you were talking about before.

Spirit Armor posted:

That, dear Ogami, is the sound of a romance turning into a romantic comedy.

My God, that line made me laugh so.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I will defend my choice of Maria, dammit. :colbert: Even though they are in blantant conflict with each other, I have my reasons:

1) Given Maria's background, the poor girl deserves a GOOD END.
2) This game will turn every female eligible into a blubbering pile of schoolgirl goo. So, I wanted to take the staple stoic, badass, make her the love interest, and see just how horribly, gloriously wrong this game can make itself. (So far, it passing with horrible, glorious flying colours).
3) Spiritual Hotsprings. Seriously. A super attack that involves going to Hotsprings is one of the most loving strangest things I've ever seen in a game. I must see this again. I must see Satan's reaction to this. Oh God, it will be fantastic.

Also, it just occured to me that things should be pretty awkward/hilarious between Koran and Maria now.

: Hey Koran?

: Yes Maria?

: I hear you asked Ogami to the New Years Day festival.

: Eep!

: ...

: Hey Koran?

: ...what?

: Na-na na-na naaaaaaa-naaaaaaa! Na-na na-na naaaaaaa-naaaaaaa!

: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YOU, MARIA!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Sennamontoya posted:

But how do you explain Iris then? I don't know about the rest of you but her "cute" face scares the poo poo out of me.
I think it's fairly obvious that she isn't exactly playing by the same rules as everyone else.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spirit Armor posted:

Sakura Wars 2.
Dammit. I was so hoping he was going to German Suplex her, or something.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Um... Maria, you DO know that this isn't the shooting booth and that you don't have any excuse for failing at--

[Maria]

[Ogami]

N-Nevermind.
God, Maria's gently caress. YOU. face is still utterly terrifying.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Whillenn posted:

they changed Maria now she sucks
BAH! I say! BAH! I, for one, love how Maria gets to be the love interest. The more wrecked the train, the better. I also like how Kohran is drugging her; this should lead to hilarious results.

[Maria]

And now that I'm back to normal, I don't bring you peace and love!

[Maria]

I bring you fear, famine, pestilence and...

[Kohran]

Time for a booster!

[Maria]

Good morning starshi~ne! The earth says he~llo! You twinkle above u~s! We twinkle bel~ow!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Wait, so you hit Maria in the face and she blushes? :psyduck:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ayame.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

CommissarMega posted:

And you lot still voted for Maria WHY?
Because Kanna would have made our dear protagonist relatively happy, and that's just not on. :colbert:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spirit Armor posted:

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

* On the subject of property damage, Sunnyside is not exaggerating as much as one would think. Going five minutes without destroying a single building WAS a new world record as far as the Flower Division was concerned.
- L. Altair.
I love these. It's made me realize that the whole LP is a loving flashback.

Also, Maria is goddamned badass. THIS IS WHY WE VOTED FOR HER. (Well, that and she'd make Ogami miserable :v: )

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ghost Car posted:

New mob of interesting characters. Possibly even more "interesting" than the ones in this game. Though yeah, the main character is indeed Ohgami's occasionally-referenced nephew.

Poor kid.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Honestly, I'm kinda amazed you're still planning on doing any other games. This LP has been going on for a long time, and I think I'd kinda expected it to end after this game was done.
I wager in 20 years time we'll be prasing him for doing a bang-up jo with the Sakura Wars V LP and look forward to how he will handle Sakura Wars VI - XVII

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

Wait... Maria, at that trajectory, wouldn't your bullets have to carve straight through the rest of the building to hit the turret?

[Maria]

Perhaps.

[Ogami]

We... should at least ACT like we're trying not to bust up this town any more than we have to. Could you move into a position where you WOULDN'T be blasting through the entire building?

[Maria]

Yes, I could.

[Ogami]

Okay, then-

[Maria]

... however, Captain, you seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares.

----

HA HA HA HA! gently caress YEAH!

Screw the haters, we made the right decision.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Well that was a pretty cool updaWHU~JA?! ANIMATED GIFS!

Ones that do not bode well, furthermore.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

lishan1988 posted:

We are at the final chapter now. SA should finish by 2011. What a glorious time it will be :unsmith:
We should all chip in for some sort of prize, or something.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder how much money your thread alone has made Lowtax, what with all these people signing up just to post in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ogami's brain is the best thing ever.

• Locked thread