Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I just recently got a name change, and now I can't get SALR to register that I'm myself. Reinstalling SALR hasn't helped.

Am I missing something simple here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

The Bow posted:

I just recently got a name change, and now I can't get SALR to register that I'm myself. Reinstalling SALR hasn't helped.

Try these. Page 26 and quoted on page 27.

duz posted:

I believe going to your control panel should reset your saved name. That or the forums home.

duz posted:

Then open up about:config and reset/clear the values of extensions.salastread.username and extensions.salastread.userId

ryanbruce_v2
Feb 12, 2008
Remember kids.Change your passwords often!

The Bow posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2571027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=26#post340719740

duz posted:

Then open up about:config and reset/clear the values of extensions.salastread.username and extensions.salastread.userId

CURSES! I'll get you next time.. RABBIT :argh:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

pik_d posted:

Try these. Page 26 and quoted on page 27.

Whoops :downs: Sorry about that. Thank you though, the about :config fixed it.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
How many posts about reply highlighting and drop-down menus does this make in the last two pages?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Zorilla posted:

How many posts about reply highlighting and drop-down menus does this make in the last two pages?

Enough, maybe the FAQ in the first post should be expanded a bit.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
A quick thought. Is it possible to set it up so that links to unread posts in the UCP go to new tabs? I have a laptop, and would enjoy a shortcut to right-click, trackpad over to open in new tab, click. Repeat.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Revolvyerom posted:

A quick thought. Is it possible to set it up so that links to unread posts in the UCP go to new tabs? I have a laptop, and would enjoy a shortcut to right-click, trackpad over to open in new tab, click. Repeat.
How about the keyboard? Ctrl+click opens links in new tabs in the background, Shift+Ctrl+click opens links in new tabs in the background. If that's too much for you I could whip up a Greasemonkey script, but I'm trying to cut back on redundant features integrated into SALR for people too lazy to use their current implementation.

ryanbruce_v2
Feb 12, 2008

Revolvyerom posted:

Alternately, if you have a Dell [at least with my Latitude] laptop you can "middle click" by clicking the left and right buttons at the same time.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

RedKazan posted:

I could whip up a Greasemonkey script

You already wrote this, which adds a link to open all new threads in new tabs (well, windows actually; tabs can be forced by changing window.open to GM_openInTab.) That could be good for laptop/touchpad users as well. (I've been using it since you posted it in this thread. It's probably in my most useful GM scripts.)

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Well now, I'm well on the way to establishing myself as a total idiot. :v:
Thanks guys!

Evilducky
Oct 10, 2003

So evil, yet so cute!
This must have been asked a billions times but after combing over the thread: I screwed around with SALR and now I can't figure out how to reset the options back to default. How do you do that :(

ryanbruce_v2
Feb 12, 2008

Evilducky posted:

This must have been asked a billions times but after combing over the thread: I screwed around with SALR and now I can't figure out how to reset the options back to default. How do you do that :(

Worst case scenario, just blow away the SALR items under about :config

Then uninstall/reinstall the extension of required.

heeen
May 14, 2005

CAT NEVER STOPS
one thing that bugged me for some time when surfing on the laptop: Can you make ctrl+click open a new tab in the sa menu, like middle click does?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

heeen posted:

one thing that bugged me for some time when surfing on the laptop: Can you make ctrl+click open a new tab in the sa menu, like middle click does?

Right click will do the same thing as middle click.

Evilducky
Oct 10, 2003

So evil, yet so cute!

ryanbruce_v2 posted:

Worst case scenario, just blow away the SALR items under about :config

Then uninstall/reinstall the extension of required.

Tried that and every time i reinstall it, the old preferences are loaded back :(

and playing around in about :config screwed it up more :(

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Evilducky posted:

Tried that and every time i reinstall it, the old preferences are loaded back :(

and playing around in about :config screwed it up more :(

Go to about:config and search for extensions.salastread and delete/reset all the bolded options.

Evilducky
Oct 10, 2003

So evil, yet so cute!
Thanks Duz.

Worked perfectly :D

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Frankly, sir, we in the Police Force are just plain baffled
I don't know if this is deliberate, but if a threads OP is also a Mod, they are not shown as the "thread poster". See this thread for an example. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2800648

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

argus tuft posted:

I don't know if this is deliberate, but if a threads OP is also a Mod, they are not shown as the "thread poster". See this thread for an example. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2800648

I imagine the code only has provisions for one type of user status per post, so "moderator" overriding "thread poster" status is by design for now (unless an actual developer has something to say that is different).

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zorilla posted:

I imagine the code only has provisions for one type of user status per post, so "moderator" overriding "thread poster" status is by design for now (unless an actual developer has something to say that is different).

Correct, Admin, Mod and OP are all exclusive of each other. The first two should be but the last one shouldn't. Another thing for the to do list when I get some free time.

HellsEmbrace
Jul 14, 2004
This may have been asked already, but I looked through 4 or 5 of the previous pages and didn't see anything. I'm just wondering if being unable to mark threads as unread in Ask/Tell is the same for everyone. I haven't been able to do it for months and I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end or not. Thanks!

Edit: It works for all other forums, except for the Film Dump, so I'm beginning to think it's a problem with "alternate" forums and probably totally unrelated to SALR. Sorry if that's the case.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

HellsEmbrace posted:

This may have been asked already, but I looked through 4 or 5 of the previous pages and didn't see anything. I'm just wondering if being unable to mark threads as unread in Ask/Tell is the same for everyone. I haven't been able to do it for months and I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end or not. Thanks!

Edit: It works for all other forums, except for the Film Dump, so I'm beginning to think it's a problem with "alternate" forums and probably totally unrelated to SALR. Sorry if that's the case.

It is, yeah. But if it's that big a deal, you can always try bookmarking the thread, marking it unread in the bookmarked threads list, and then unbookmarking it. I noticed this worked a few days ago for a thread in SA-Mart, but I can't say for sure if it works for A/T or not.

Edit: Yeah, I just tried it with an A/T thread I had bookmarked, and it worked fine.

Idran fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 26, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

HellsEmbrace posted:

It's a problem with the forums, not SALR.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Again, this GM script fixes the issue with unreading stuff in Ask/Tell and SA Mart.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg
Just an FYI, the new nightly builds aren't covered in the current maxversion. Not a big deal really, just a heads up!

KaLogain
Dec 29, 2004

I got her number. How do you like them apples?
Cybernetic Crumb
So you guys probably noticed the forums update to 2.0.9 or whatever, from this thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2809966

One "bug" I've noticed is that if you click the last post icon, and the last post is on a new page, maybe just by itself, it just takes you to the 2nd to last page 2nd to last post.

Dastardly Repressed
May 8, 2004

by WORST ADMIN EVER
Continuing my parasitic relationship with this thread, fixed Opera SALR version here as usual (specific post linking changed to new '&goto=post' method): http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

Dr. Video Games 0070 posted:

Continuing my parasitic relationship with this thread, fixed Opera SALR version here as usual (specific post linking changed to new '&goto=post' method): http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

Hoorah! Thanks as always!

ponk
Oct 13, 2005

Thank you! :bubblewoop:

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

I thought it was acting up lately. Thanks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

duz, does SALR check for userid every time you go to either your control panel or the main page? I logged out today and it set my userid to 0 and username to cookies not enabled or something like that. When I logged back in, which took me to the forum main page with my username displayed, it didn't correct itself. I'm guessing this is why so many people have been asking "hey I can't edit"/"people quoting me isn't turning up purple".

Can you have some kind of flag where if userid = 0, it checks every single time, since it obviously doesn't now?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

pik_d posted:

duz, does SALR check for userid every time you go to either your control panel or the main page? I logged out today and it set my userid to 0 and username to cookies not enabled or something like that. When I logged back in, which took me to the forum main page with my username displayed, it didn't correct itself. I'm guessing this is why so many people have been asking "hey I can't edit"/"people quoting me isn't turning up purple".

Can you have some kind of flag where if userid = 0, it checks every single time, since it obviously doesn't now?

We may have forgotten to mention this, but SALR doesn't use your own userid for anything anymore (unless you have yourself under custom user colors, but the id is tracked elsewhere in that case). Currently we are only using your username, which is much easier to get and maintain, for self-matching options. If it didn't update your username properly, then that is an issue, but from here on your userid will be forever 0 (once you log out).

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I just logged out again, went to the main forum page, closed Firefox and restarted it, logged in, went to my user control panel, went to the main page, came to this thread and my quote was not highlighted purple.

extensions.salastread.username was still: Not%20cookied%3F

Fixed that manually and everything is all better. Try it yourself and see what happens for you.

EDIT: Another question, why doesn't SALR denote thread starters in BYOB?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 29, 2008

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

pik_d posted:

I just logged out again, went to the main forum page, closed Firefox and restarted it, logged in, went to my user control panel, went to the main page, came to this thread and my quote was not highlighted purple.

extensions.salastread.username was still: Not%20cookied%3F

Fixed that manually and everything is all better. Try it yourself and see what happens for you.
Currently it only updates if your username pref is completely blank (which it is set to when you logout, or delete it yourself). But it looks like we need some more error checking to make sure you actually are logged in before we grab it. And honestly, we can probably grab it everytime we hit the main page or control panel, it's not that loading-intensive.

pik_d posted:

EDIT: Another question, why doesn't SALR denote thread starters in BYOB?

Because the forums don't. We work with what they give us. Let GA know that the first posts in BYOB have no "op" class if you want it fixed.

case
Mar 27, 2005

Thank you moho/Dr. Video Games 0070!

Are the thread tools to be left broken, such as the ability to dim or hide stickies?

Dastardly Repressed
May 8, 2004

by WORST ADMIN EVER

case posted:

Thank you moho/Dr. Video Games 0070!

Are the thread tools to be left broken, such as the ability to dim or hide stickies?

Oh yeah, I kept meaning to fix that. It still worked from inside threads so it was kidna usable, but more annoying. Anyway, uploaded a proper fix to the usual place: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

case
Mar 27, 2005

Oh yeah, I kept meaning to fix that. It still worked from inside threads so it was kidna usable, but more annoying. Anyway, uploaded a proper fix to the usual place: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

Superb! Thank you for your continued support.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

It's not much of an issue, but SALR seems to choke on this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2813241

I assume it's because of the MIDI and whatnot. Not a big deal, but I didn't know if you guys would want to know.

EDIT: gently caress. Works now. Ignore what I just said - sorry for bumping. I swear I loaded that thread three times and it didn't work. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

ClydeUmney posted:

It's not much of an issue, but SALR seems to choke on this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2813241

I assume it's because of the MIDI and whatnot. Not a big deal, but I didn't know if you guys would want to know.

EDIT: gently caress. Works now. Ignore what I just said - sorry for bumping. I swear I loaded that thread three times and it didn't work. :sigh:

The Quicktime Mozilla plugin eats poo poo at the most inopportune moments, so that is probably what I would attribute your problem to. It actually crashes Firefox if it detects a new version and you opted not to install the Apple Software Update utility.

• Locked thread