Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huineng
Dec 4, 2002

The dead do not improve
Can someone point me in the direction of an extension that just gives you the SA menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

What's wrong with using this and just disabling all the things you don't want?

huineng
Dec 4, 2002

The dead do not improve

That FUCKER Obama posted:

What's wrong with using this and just disabling all the things you don't want?
Can't disable everything (per-post quicklinks) and page still pauses while loading.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

PovRayMan posted:

I am getting this so then I just went to the SALR options, checked "don't display error popups"

Problem solved!
When I do this I stop getting the error message, but firefox won't let me go tab to tab anymore. I can ctrl-tab my way through them and see the page titles, but it won't let me actually see the pages. I'm FF ver. 2.0.0.14 on Leopard.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

PovRayMan posted:

I am getting this so then I just went to the SALR options, checked "don't display error popups"

Problem solved!

If your house was on fire and someone told you "just look away problem solved" I don't think you'd be too cool with that

Some of the features just don't plain work because of that error

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Hi, for those getting the popup crash bug where a lot of features stop working and it gives an annoying error, I fixed the problem by deleting my mozilla folder in application data. This is probably more heavy handed than is necessary, but it worked for me.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Hi, for those getting the popup crash bug where a lot of features stop working and it gives an annoying error, I fixed the problem by deleting my mozilla folder in application data. This is probably more heavy handed than is necessary, but it worked for me.

This would be analogous to following the directions I posted earlier to make (and migrate to) a clean profile, but by deleting it first you lose all your settings.

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

If your house was on fire and someone told you "just look away problem solved" I don't think you'd be too cool with that

Some of the features just don't plain work because of that error

Not being able to quick reply on somethingawful isn't really analogous to your house burning down.

edit: wait i think one of us is using 'analogous' wrong

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!
Not to poo poo up the firefox thread, but there's no opera thread anymore:

Is anyone else's Opera SALR no longer working? Was there some update to the forums or is my computer just doing weird things right now?

Saint Jerome
Sep 14, 2004

I will unite the Jews!
I, as well, would like to know what's up with the Opera version. I haven't been able to find it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone explain a bit how advanced filtering works? I tried ctrl-clicking the icon, but that just makes firefox launch a new tab and the subject still shows up.

Thanks.

case
Mar 27, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2571027&pagenumber=28#post341603066

Last update to the Opera SALR, posted a few pages back.

Dastardly Repressed
May 8, 2004

by WORST ADMIN EVER
As above. Current version still works for me, Sereant Hobo reported it's broken in the latest weekly but I'm not targetting those at the moment.

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

kri kri posted:

Can someone explain a bit how advanced filtering works? I tried ctrl-clicking the icon, but that just makes firefox launch a new tab and the subject still shows up.

Thanks.

are you running the version 3 beta or version 2? I'm on version 2 again and ctrl-clicking works fine for me. I'd expect if you're running the beta you should pretty much expect things outside of basic functionality of SALR to be broken until the final 3.0.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

grrowl posted:

are you running the version 3 beta or version 2? I'm on version 2 again and ctrl-clicking works fine for me. I'd expect if you're running the beta you should pretty much expect things outside of basic functionality of SALR to be broken until the final 3.0.

Firefox 3 RC 1

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
this is pretty funny, but I'm getting like double and triple posts in salr now sometimes, it's weird

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

this is pretty funny, but I'm getting like double and triple posts in salr now sometimes, it's weird

I don't think that's SALR. Generic Admin had to disable the double post protection a while back while she was trying to ease the server load some until she can rewrite it, because it was too big of a hit on the server. For now, any accidental multiple click on the post button will multi-post.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Idran posted:

I don't think that's SALR. Generic Admin had to disable the double post protection a while back while she was trying to ease the server load some until she can rewrite it, because it was too big of a hit on the server. For now, any accidental multiple click on the post button will multi-post.

I only clicked once on the submit button in the quick reply interface, so it sure wasn't hitting the button a lot

astral
Apr 26, 2004

kri kri posted:

Thanks.

If someone could explain how it's supposed to work, I would be happy to take a look at fixing it for Firefox 3.

That reminds me, I also fixed the post icon menu in the "Quick Post" dialog (in Firefox 3 it looked absolutely terrible), but I don't think I mentioned it here yet. So, there is no need to report that one. The fix will show up in the next nightly.

:siren:EDIT::siren: Advanced filtering seems to be working fine for me in Firefox 3. If you don't know how it works: with the option on, the "Filter posts" section in a forum's index will be renamed "Advanced thread filtering" and you can add a list of ignored keywords or control+click an icon in that section to add it to a list of ignored icons. Control+clicking an icon in the ignored icons section will remove it from the list.

grrowl posted:

edit: wait i think one of us is using 'analogous' wrong

Nope. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 3, 2008

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
when accessing the fyad index

when accessing a fyad thread

heiden fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 3, 2008

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Uninstall the extension. Delete it from your profile's AppData. Then go into about:config, search for "salr", and reset everything. Finally, re-install the extension. That got it working for me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Open about :config and set extensions.salastread.enableFYAD to false. That should make it not even look at FYAD.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I'm getting this in this thread. I think it only started after your last post duz, though I'm not 100% certain on that, also I tried a few other random pages and it didn't happen. The FYAD thing happens to me too, did genericadmin just change something that broke stuff?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 4, 2008

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Well, after completely deleting my profile and reinstalling the extension, the errors are back sporadically.

Also, is there any particular bug preventing the emoticons looking squashed bug being fixed in the quick reply window?

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Also, is there any particular bug preventing the emoticons looking squashed bug being fixed in the quick reply window?

Are you using a custom Windows visual style? If so, what happens when you switch back to Luna? Non-default font sizes may mess this up as well.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Zorilla posted:

Are you using a custom Windows visual style? If so, what happens when you switch back to Luna? Non-default font sizes may mess this up as well.

I'm using the classic style for XP (that looks like 2000) with everything else as vanilla as you can get.

This has always been how icons have looked for FF3 w/ SALR. FF2 doesn't have this problem

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
Never mind, I had no idea you were using 3.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The fix is checked in and should appear in the next nightly. :)

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

astral posted:

The fix is checked in and should appear in the next nightly. :)

Honk honk thank you so much!

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone else get an error loading this page?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2868693&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Using FF3 RC2 w/ SALR (How do you get an exact build number from SALR?)

After this error occurs, the reply/edit/quote/post buttons no longer contain the quick feature

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 6, 2008

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

After this error occurs, the reply/edit/quote/post buttons no longer contain the quick feature

Scroll up, the quick quote feature is in the posts including and above duz's last post, and while I didn't read your error message I have a feeling it's the same as mine.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

pik_d posted:

Scroll up, the quick quote feature is in the posts including and above duz's last post, and while I didn't read your error message I have a feeling it's the same as mine.

Oh, good find. In my case, it's crashing on a user named "Knobjockey" (...)

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
Test for crashing?
code:
[ b ][ url="http://www.tinkafoo.com/temp/motherf.gif"]MOTHERFUCKER[ /url ][ /b ]
Yup, that's it. Crashes if you enclose the url to an image in vb code (in this case bold) and have "convert image links to inline images turned on.

Doesn't crash if you remove the bold tags.

The Noble Nobbler fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 6, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Test for crashing?
code:
[ b ][ url="http://www.tinkafoo.com/temp/motherf.gif"]MOTHERFUCKER[ /url ][ /b ]
Yup, that's it. Crashes if you enclose the url to an image in vb code (in this case bold) and have "convert image links to inline images turned on.

Doesn't crash if you remove the bold tags.

How odd, it's working fine for me. I'll have to do some digging.

Also, would moving the paginator from the corner to the status bar (to get rid of the FF3 slowdown) be a good idea or do many people hide the status bar?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

duz posted:

Also, would moving the paginator from the corner to the status bar (to get rid of the FF3 slowdown) be a good idea or do many people hide the status bar?

That would work for me. Or moving it to the top right corner (since scrolling down is a lot more common than scrolling up; and being on the top it won't affect the redraw for downscrolls).

Or maybe making it fill the whole width would help perf. Of course you'd need something to fill the extra space on the fixed bar, maybe throw the forum breadcrumb bar on it, along with some other nav options. Who knows.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

duz posted:

Ug, I don't envy you then. I could give you a dump of my settings, but there isn't a way. Usually when I have a problem that I can't replicate I ask QA for their application settings.

madprocess
Sep 23, 2004

by Ozmaugh

duz posted:

The paginator doesn't seem to slow down Firefox 3 here (Windows XP SP3, Firefox 3 RC2). I'd much rather have the option to have it in the corner maintained.

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire
It seems with the new forum version, the "new post" link now goes to a url like ?noseen=0&threadid=2571027&pagenumber=33#pti30 , which messes up the paginator. Clicking on the arrow to go to the next page, it passes the anchor along, resulting in Firefox jumping to the location rather than the top of the next page.

I'm using SALR version 080518 with Firefox 2.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah, the paginator just copies the url, it needs to be changed to remove the anchor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I'm new to Macs and don't even know where my profile is saved, can someone just reply when a new version comes out so I can reinstall and get rid of this damned error message that pops up with every page?

I complain, but I can't imagine browsing without SALR. :)

• Locked thread