Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

And posted tracking has been not working for a long while so it may have other problems.

Edit: Got a fix for the database bug but it requires to restart Firefox a few times so I'm coding out a better way.

duz fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Fresh build with a fix for that database error message that's been hounding almost everyone. Or at least this better fix it.
For those that want to know the technical details, the database had to be updated before SALR loaded but for some reason we didn't bother updating the database until after it loaded (that pop up window). That caused things to break.

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

duz posted:

Fresh build with a fix for that database error message that's been hounding almost everyone. Or at least this better fix it.
For those that want to know the technical details, the database had to be updated before SALR loaded but for some reason we didn't bother updating the database until after it loaded (that pop up window). That caused things to break.

Is this the one I posted about? I'm still getting the error.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

duz posted:

Nah, I'm still getting the two popup errors :(

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Curses! Back to the drawing board.

If you want to get it working now and don't care if it forgets what threads you've posted in and your user notes/coloring, you can delete your salastread.sqlite file and it'll create a non-broken one at next start up.

duz fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 20, 2008

a gayer ogg oggilby
May 7, 2007

by angerbotSD
Hey I installed SALR earlier today. How do I edit my posts? As soon as the page finishes loading, SALR removes the edit button.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

nationalism posted:

Hey I installed SALR earlier today. How do I edit my posts? As soon as the page finishes loading, SALR removes the edit button.
I believe it sees who you are when you go to your control panel? There's an option to remove the edit button for all posts that are not yours, and maybe it just doesn't know which ones are you?

a gayer ogg oggilby
May 7, 2007

by angerbotSD

Revolvyerom posted:

I believe it sees who you are when you go to your control panel? There's an option to remove the edit button for all posts that are not yours, and maybe it just doesn't know which ones are you?

Thanks, that fixed the problem. This is definitely a bug.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

nationalism posted:

Thanks, that fixed the problem. This is definitely a bug.
Not really, it just picks up your userid from that page, it has no other way to get it.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
I think I might have a different issue. This is on a new install on a new PC, Vista x64. I get:

quote:

SALastRead init error:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location:
"JS frame :: file:///C:/Users/Ixian/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/3f5flpal.default/extensions/%7Bfc6339b8-9581-4fc7-b824-dffcb091fcb7%7D/components/SALastReadCom.js
:: anonymous :: line 1973" data: no]

At startup. One weird thing is, that "file" location it references? That doesn't exist. "%7BF...etc" isn't where SALR is installed in my profile, it's in a different directory.

As it's never successfully been installed on this PC I don't even have a salread.sqlite file to delete; one hasn't been created. Any ideas on what I can try?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Before, half of my settings were working and half were not (new posts were not displayed with replies, for example). Now, that's working. I'm gonna enable error popups and see how we cruise.

Edit: All working swimmingly here, duz. Well done man! Similarly, custom colouring for your name is working again so that suggests the script is doing everything it should. Thanks! :D

edit #2: gently caress. on submitting that update:

quote:

SALastRead application err: message: profileLink is null
fileName: chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js
lineNumber: 1210
stack: handleShowThread([object XPCSafeJSObjectWrapper])@chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js:1210
SALR_onLoad([object Event])@chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js:233

name: TypeError

Didn't do it this time though. May be a once-off.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 20, 2008

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

brc64 posted:

Has anybody noticed that they've had to click on Preview or Submit twice in order for the preview or submit your post? It doesn't seem like it's every time, but it's happened enough to me (on two different computers, both Firefox 3 on XP SP3) to make me wonder.

yeah this has happened to me too but i'm running the latest version of firefox 2

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

duz posted:

Curses! Back to the drawing board.

If you want to get it working now and don't care if it forgets what threads you've posted in and your user notes/coloring, you can delete your salastread.sqlite file and it'll create a non-broken one at next start up.

Would anyone happen to know where this is on a Mac? Spotlight apparently can't find it :argh:.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

pliable posted:

Would anyone happen to know where this is on a Mac? Spotlight apparently can't find it :argh:.

A quick google leads me to believe it's at ~/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/{something}.default/salastread.sqlite

vkeios
May 7, 2007

duz posted:

A quick google leads me to believe it's at ~/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/{something}.default/salastread.sqlite
Close. Its ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/{something}.default/salastread.sqlite

Spotlight avoids most of the files in ~/Library for some god forsaken reason.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Ixian posted:

I think I might have a different issue. This is on a new install on a new PC, Vista x64. I get:

At startup. One weird thing is, that "file" location it references? That doesn't exist. "%7BF...etc" isn't where SALR is installed in my profile, it's in a different directory.

As it's never successfully been installed on this PC I don't even have a salread.sqlite file to delete; one hasn't been created. Any ideas on what I can try?
I'm getting this too when trying to install it on portable firefox. After that i get this:

It's not happening on any of my other installs though. :confused:

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm not getting any errors but sometimes it now takes two clicks of submit or preview to actually have it submit.

PENILE EGGPLANT
Sep 13, 2004
purple and wierd
Aside from the usual error a lot of people are having with Firefox 3, how do I get the SA menu to show up again?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

PENILE EGGPLANT posted:

Aside from the usual error a lot of people are having with Firefox 3, how do I get the SA menu to show up again?

The menu isn't showing up due to this crashing problem. I'll push out a build to override the crash and continue on anyways in a few moments.
If a person or two that are having the error mentioned earlier could email me their salastread.sqlite file along with along with the values of extensions.salastread.currentVersion and extensions.salastread.lastRunVersion so I can find out why the patches arn't working, that'd be really helpful.

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

Revolvyerom posted:

It should probably be noted that the forums no longer display the edit button on posts other than your own. This was discussed in the QCS thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2783147&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21#post344468115

So that option in SALR is not pretty useless, IMO.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

vkeios posted:

Close. Its ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/{something}.default/salastread.sqlite

Spotlight avoids most of the files in ~/Library for some god forsaken reason.

Maybe cause they're system critical? I dunno, I'm new to a Mac, so :shobon:. Thank you (and duz) though!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

kapinga posted:

So that option in SALR is not pretty useless, IMO.

Which is why I removed it Wednesday.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
If it helps you out at all, I'm browsing the forums using a build from around the start of April, and I've got name colouring and thread tracking and colouring working fine, and no error messages.

That said I'm not colouring thread posts or using the SALR menu.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the page title. Yeah, looks like the header hiding isn't working on the forums home, I'll get that fixed.

It worked a couple times, not its back to just showing up on the main forum page.

averagebloke
May 8, 2004
Does anyone else have a problem with scrolling when the forum navigator is in the bottom right on FF3? On a thread that is still on the first page scrolling is fine for me because the navigator is not there. Any thread longer than one page seems sluggish when scrolling and I think it is down to the navigator.

I've unticked the 'add a forum navigator' option but it does not seem to disable this for me. If I disable SALR, scrolling multipage thread are fine again. Should I just blow everything away and try again?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

averagebloke posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with scrolling when the forum navigator is in the bottom right on FF3? On a thread that is still on the first page scrolling is fine for me because the navigator is not there. Any thread longer than one page seems sluggish when scrolling and I think it is down to the navigator.

It is the navigator. It's a known issue with Firefox 3. There were discussions a few pages back about moving the page navigator into the status bar (or somewhere else) so it doesn't affect the redraw speed of page scrolls.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

In the last couple of updates, I've noticed that even though I have picture scaling turned OFF in the options, I still get the red dotted line around the border of the image. This never used to happen unless it was a scaled down image by SALR.

Just letting you know that it's back and throwing me off :(

/bin/laden
Apr 21, 2003
rm -rf /bin/laden error: /bin/laden not found
The ignore thread option in the right click context menu now seems to require two tries before it will ignore a thread. My apologies of this has been reported previously.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I know the two-popups issue has been reported, but is there an update on the horizon that'll fix it?

octan3
Jul 10, 2004
DoNt dO DrUgs

Xenomrph posted:

I know the two-popups issue has been reported, but is there an update on the horizon that'll fix it?

seconding this as I have had to edit SALastReadCom.js and comment out the expireThreads and prepopulateDB functions to get the two-popups to go away for now. Didn't realise how much I relied on SALR till it stopped working so consider this a thanks to the devs who work on this :)

vvv email sent

octan3 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 23, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I pushed a build on on Friday that should bypass the problem. Until I get some people to send me their sqlite file and the values of extensions.salastread.currentVersion and extensions.salastread.lastRunVersion, there's not much more I can do.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

duz posted:

I pushed a build on on Friday that should bypass the problem. Until I get some people to send me their sqlite file and the values of extensions.salastread.currentVersion and extensions.salastread.lastRunVersion, there's not much more I can do.

If you can tell me where to find these I'll post them.

Michael Carnage
Nov 7, 2004

To find the light you must embrace the darkness.

duz posted:

I just emailed you my sqlite file (I deleted it and I still get the two popups) and the values you requested although lastrunversion option didn't exist.

Shit Copter
Oct 13, 2004
what a P.O.S.

BiohazrD posted:

If you can tell me where to find these I'll post them.
The sqllite file is in %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. The others are in about :config inside your browser.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I actually get the error on a "fresh" install of SALR. I've deleted the extension directory and all of the sa* files in my profile.

I also didn't have the lastRunVersion config item

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

crm posted:

I actually get the error on a "fresh" install of SALR. I've deleted the extension directory and all of the sa* files in my profile.

I also didn't have the lastRunVersion config item

Same. Mine is on a brand new install of Vista x64 and FF3. Ironically my other PC with FF3 upgraded fine. Maybe I should steal the files from that one.

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

Ixian posted:

Same. Mine is on a brand new install of Vista x64 and FF3. Ironically my other PC with FF3 upgraded fine. Maybe I should steal the files from that one.

I was having issues with SALR not showing my own user icon and title for some reason, so I cleared out my sqlite file, and now I'm getting this error on startup as well.

:(

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I doubt ya'll will be able to help with this, but I figured I'd give it a shot here.

SALR's been working great, making the transition to Firefox 3.0 better than many of my other extensions, and before now, I've never had any interference between add-ons. But a bunch of SALR features broke, including the SA menu, when I installed a newer version of Tab Mix Plus to work with 3.0.

These are both pretty popular extensions here from what I can tell, so I was wondering if anybody else has run in to this problem, and if there was anything I could do about it. Right now SALR has won out, because I realized I rely on that SA menu quite a bit. But now that I've disabled Tab Mix Plus, not having the added tab functionality is annoying as well, so I was hoping there was a way to make these two extensions play nicely together.

And thanks for keeping up the great work with SALR, I appreciate it!

e: Well after playing around with this crap for a couple of days now and not being able to get both extensions to cooperate, after posting here everything's magically working fine again. :sigh: Carry on!

BobTheCow fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 23, 2008

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hey duz:

I'm running SALR version 1.99.080518 here at work, and it apparently seems to be running perfectly. In fact, I uninstalled Firefox 3 RC1 and installed the final build, and I didn't even get an error message saying I needed to upgrade. Hopefully it's not some sort of fluke, but maybe people can try downgrading to that version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pliable posted:

Hey duz:

I'm running SALR version 1.99.080518 here at work, and it apparently seems to be running perfectly. In fact, I uninstalled Firefox 3 RC1 and installed the final build, and I didn't even get an error message saying I needed to upgrade. Hopefully it's not some sort of fluke, but maybe people can try downgrading to that version?

June 10's build contained a lot of firefox 3 fixes. I wouldn't recommend anyone revert to a build older than that.

• Locked thread