Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pintle
Aug 3, 2007
to err is human, dear fez

Gawaine posted:

When someone quotes a post with an image in it, I am not seeing that image in the quote. The quote is the size of the image, but it's just a big blank. It's working correctly in IE so I'm thinking maybe some option I can't find in SALR, a bug or something with my firefox install. Any suggestions?

I think that's caused by disabling scripts from somethingawful.crwdcntrl.net . Since the problem is only in Firefox, it's probably an extension that's the culprit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
FWIW, my problem with some keyboard shortcuts not working in the SA menu disappeared with the latest update. :iiam:

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

withak posted:

FWIW, my problem with some keyboard shortcuts not working in the SA menu disappeared with the latest update. :iiam:

duz posted:

Bug Fixes
Don't color threads should work again
When unreading a thread, it should uncolor properly
Keyboard navigation of the SA menu works again
Ignored threads shouldn't expire from the DB
:ssh:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oh jeez, I'm a moron. :sweatdrop:

Dec 4, 2004

duz posted:

Only new feature is the addition of a go to first unread post link in the page navigator. Only really useful in fast moving threads.

Could there be an option to turn this off and have the old functionality?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Random error with the new update: my right-click still brings up the navigation arrows, and they work fine within threads, but not in forums. They still appear, but do nothing.

EDIT: Well, the up arrow seems to refresh at least, but it doesn't take me up a level. The left/right do nothing. In-thread works totally fine, though.

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 29, 2007

kapinga
Oct 12, 2005

I am not a number

ClydeUmney posted:

Random error with the new update: my right-click still brings up the navigation arrows, and they work fine within threads, but not in forums. They still appear, but do nothing.

EDIT: Well, the up arrow seems to refresh at least, but it doesn't take me up a level. The left/right do nothing. In-thread works totally fine, though.

I love the mouse gesture arrows in thread, but I've never been able to get them to do anything at all (except refresh, like you mentioned) at the forum level.

It would be awesome if the up arrow could take you up to the main forum level.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

kapinga posted:

I love the mouse gesture arrows in thread, but I've never been able to get them to do anything at all (except refresh, like you mentioned) at the forum level.

Mine used to. :( Maybe I had some crazy alternate universe version of SALR.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

kapinga posted:

The old forums mouse gestures relied on the forums navigator being enabled to work. It seems to be currently broken though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Chick3n posted:

The old forums mouse gestures relied on the forums navigator being enabled to work. It seems to be currently broken though.

It no longer requires the navigator. I'll have to enable gestures and look in to what's going in.
Edit: Alright, looks like I found the problem. It should be working in tonight's build.

duz fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 29, 2007

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Neither special user (OP, mod, admin) nor custom user background coloring are working properly. If it's your first time viewing a post it works fine. If it's a post you've already seen then the normal blue highlighting takes precedence. Disabling the forum option "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" fixes it. Username and text coloring don't work, period.

Flesh
Dec 30, 2004

In The Flesh, Again
Is it me or does the page navigator not show up unless you also enable the forum navigator?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Flesh posted:

Is it me or does the page navigator not show up unless you also enable the forum navigator?

I thought I had mentioned this already but the fix for that is already done and will be in the next nightly.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Swilo posted:

Neither special user (OP, mod, admin) nor custom user background coloring are working properly. If it's your first time viewing a post it works fine. If it's a post you've already seen then the normal blue highlighting takes precedence. Disabling the forum option "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" fixes it. Username and text coloring don't work, period.

Yeah, I'm rewriting that code so it'll be broke for another day or two until I finish.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Swilo posted:

Username and text coloring don't work, period.

Mine seem to work fine. You need the forum option for color thread OP names to get the OP colored right, but I haven't had any issues with custom username coloring. By text coloring did you mean whole posts? I believe our option only changes the color of the username on the left. You're right about background coloring though, it's probably just the forum css classes taking precedence, and duz is working on it.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
"Highlight the username of the "original poster" in thread posts" is enabled, and the OP's name is colored but only by the forums (light blue). Admins and mods don't get colored at all, neither do custom users.

I'll live without it until it's recoded, just wanted to make you aware if you weren't.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 30, 2007

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Updates!
I did a major rewrite of the core of SALR so let me know if it's any faster.
Coloring of user posts is working again as well as coloring of quotes. Coloring of quotes of yourself is a separate option and is under the color tab, the rest are based of entries under the users tab.
Based on user requests, I've added two undocumented preferences, extensions.salastread.menuAccessKey to change the menu access key and extensions.salastread.lastPostOnNavigator to remove the Go To Last Post link on the page navigator. They're undocumented because they won't get an interface in the config menu. Use about:config to change them.

Known Issues
See the second post

Changelog
Marking a thread as unread now removes the new reply count as well (if using the alternate location)
Quotes of users in the DB are now colored according to their BG
Quotes of yourself are colored according to a preference
Added a preference to change the menu access key
Added a preference to toggle Last Post link on paginator

Bug Fixes
Fixed thread paginator requiring the forum paginator enabled
Fixed gestures not working on forumdisplay
Coloring of users posts working again

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
I just double checked to see how the quoted post coloring would show up. I like it! :)

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Well that pretty much jumbled everything around. Now username highlighting works for both special users and custom users, but only with "Highlight interesting and important usernames" enabled (didn't this used to just turn the authors' names blue?). Post background and quote coloring is working for custom users but not special users no matter what settings I change in SALR or the forums. Quotes of myself show up fine too.

Sorry if you're still working on it, but you listed it as a fixed feature so I tested :shobon:

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

Quoting isn't working for me, and for some reason special names are colored, but the caption text isn't added and none of the background coloring is done for them. Does that make sense?

Probably something stupid on my end--if so, I apologize. You guys are awesome to do so much work on this, and I appreciate it.

EDIT: Huh. Seems to work if the thread/post is read already, but not when it's unread. Weird.

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 30, 2007

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
Please tell me nobody mentioned this one already, but I'm getting this:

Edit: ok, it looks like that because I had "Show new replies in the replies column" checked and have had it that way for quite some time. It finally had an effect in this SALR update, I guess. It shouldn't be so hard to click when there's no number inside it though.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 30, 2007

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ClydeUmney posted:

EDIT: Huh. Seems to work if the thread/post is read already, but not when it's unread. Weird.

Yeah, it's a work in progress. I hope it'll work a lot better tomorrow.

Zorilla posted:

Please tell me nobody mentioned this one already, but I'm getting this:

Basically, the "Go To Last Post" graphic has no number and can't be clicked unless you do it in the upper half towards the right edge. It's as though the element is being floated to the right location, but the number inside it isn't being returned.

What are your settings under the forum tab?

duz fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 30, 2007

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

duz posted:

Yeah, it's a work in progress. I hope it'll work a lot better tomorrow.

What are your settings under the forum tab?

I just fixed it (unchecked "Show new replies in the replies column"), but the clickable link area only covered the upper half of the button before I made the adjustment, perhaps because the text once inside it is no longer able to stretch out the boundaries of the surrounding link vertically.

My guess is that the vast majority of that button is handled in the forums code and all SALR does is remove the number. I don't know if it sounds hackish, but you could add minheight:somethingpx to the #forum td.title div.lastseen a.count{} rule if SALR is able to append stuff to the stylesheet. It's my wild guess that it would force the link to fill the whole button, even if no text is inside.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 30, 2007

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

I feel bad complaining again--I really don't want to be that negative guy--but is anyone else having some serious up-and-down issues with SALR this morning? Sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not--for instance, I can't get it to work in this thread at all. I was looking at GBS and it wouldn't load; I refreshed, and it came up fine. I can't figure out why.

Anyways, thanks for listening...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm still getting this when the "Use this 'x' icon" box is checked:

If I uncheck that box, I get the normal forums [X][ >] buttons.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

duz posted:

Just wanted to say thanks for adding this feature. Works great!

Boris the Blade
Jun 10, 2005
The Bullet-Dodger
I know this has been discussed in the previous page, but I want to let the forum handle my "thread listing" and "posts in a thread" tracking with the default forum colors. I know by unchecking "Don't perform color highlighting on thread lists" none of the thread listings are highlighted.

I'm sure it's done this way to save some time and hassle for the coders, which I thank greatly for this extension, but is there to do what I'm asking for? I want everything else associated with the extension minus the thread highlighting aspect.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out a way to do what I was asking. For anyone who cares, I just made the post coloring transparent, allowing the forum defaults to show.

Boris the Blade fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 30, 2007

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
There's no space appearing between 'Ban History' and 'Add Coloring/Note' in the showthread view. It may just be me, but let me know if you want a screen.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

m2pt5 posted:

There's no space appearing between 'Ban History' and 'Add Coloring/Note' in the showthread view. It may just be me, but let me know if you want a screen.

Naw, that one's on me. I removed it to test something and didn't put it back.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

For some odd reason, if I disable the context menu options, every other feature breaks.
I'm off to try a nice new firefox profile and see if I get the same problems.

EDIT: Same problem, new profile.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 30, 2007

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
If I don't visit the forums immediately after loading FF the context menu shows up on every website until I do :waycool: When that happens it ignores the setting for placing at the bottom, and even shows up if I disable it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

vkeios posted:

For some odd reason, if I disable the context menu options, every other feature breaks.
I'm off to try a nice new firefox profile and see if I get the same problems.

EDIT: Same problem, new profile.

How odd. As a fix, leave `put context menu at the bottom` checked.

Swilo posted:

If I don't visit the forums immediately after loading FF the context menu shows up on every website until I do :waycool: When that happens it ignores the setting for placing at the bottom, and even shows up if I disable it.

Yeah, the context menu is weirdly done. I'll have to come up with something better.

duz fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 30, 2007

KTF
Jun 10, 2002

duz posted:

Yeah, the context menu is weirdly done. I'll have to come up with something better.
Quoted text is now showing up as a purple box. Is it just me or a forums update?

KTF fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 30, 2007

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

KTF posted:

Quoted text is now showing up as a purple box. Is it just me or a forums update?

That's all SALR. You can change it on the colors tab. I find it loving awesome.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

KTF posted:

duz posted:

Changelog
Marking a thread as unread now removes the new reply count as well (if using the alternate location)
Quotes of users in the DB are now colored according to their BG
Quotes of yourself are colored according to a preference
Added a preference to toggle Last Post link on paginator

alien8
Jul 29, 2004

Fun Shoe
I love the new My Post is Quoted feature. Thanks a ton!

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Incidentally, how does the "my post is quoted" coloring detect who you are?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

m2pt5 posted:

Incidentally, how does the "my post is quoted" coloring detect who you are?

If you go to the forums main page or the control panel it nabs your username.

lechunnel
Jun 16, 2007

Is that Ivana Trump?

duz posted:

Ah thank Christ for this. None of SALR was working 'cause I don't usually have the context menu. But enable this checkbox I did, and now it all works.

Except, strangely, for the context menu. Just doesn't seem to pop up anywhere.

EDIT: Nix that, I was thinking about the right click menu, not the menu menu. Menu menu appears fine.

lechunnel fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 1, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Any word on the thread buttons ([x] and [# >])?

• Locked thread