Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vkeios
May 7, 2007

Revolvyerom posted:

It occurs to me that I still have Firefox 2 installed, with the weirdly broken SALR. I have web hosting. Would you like me to bundle it together and you can take a look at the environment it's in? Poke and prod as you like?
Make sure to delete your password files if you do this.
I think they're key3.db and signons2.txt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
I can't seem to get anything right today. :(

Revolvyerom fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 2, 2007

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Revolvyerom posted:

Alright, it's at http://revolvyerom.com/firefox/
Both the application data folder, and the program itself, properly sanitized (thanks for the heads-up vkeios).

Might want to clean up your bookmarks as well.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
A few things still aren't working correctly for me in Windows:

Quick quote and edit buttons (quick reply and post work just fine). Error message:

New replies count in User CP or forums; it's showing up on top of the red X button.
Total number of pages for threads with more than 7 pages are missing. User CP error message:

Should I try re-installing the extension or something else?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
SALR doesn't work on attachment.php :downs:

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Now that is one giant error.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Got imageshack links to work so that the archives look a lot better now. You can click the IS thumbnails and actually get to the image. That'll be in the next update which will be whenever.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Swilo posted:

SALR doesn't work on attachment.php :downs:

Actually can you link me to a valid attachment? With free image hosting people rarely seem to use them anymore and I can't find any.

Also, taking suggestions on what the infamous bottom mouse gesture button should do. It will probably be a preference with a few options that lets you, the user, choose on your end. Right now all I can really think of is "refresh page" and "jump to last" but I guess they are essentially the same thing.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Now testing an attachment using the SA "normal" method.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 4, 2007

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

ryanbruce posted:

Now testing an attachment using the SA "normal" method.

Thanks, fixed.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Any ideas about the problems I'm having on Windows XP?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

hooah posted:

Any ideas about the problems I'm having on Windows XP?

I'd try reinstalling if you haven't and deleting your salastread.sqlite, it may have been corrupted at some point. That's usually what causes those kinds of errors.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

RedKazan posted:

I'd try reinstalling if you haven't and deleting your salastread.sqlite, it may have been corrupted at some point. That's usually what causes those kinds of errors.

Reinstalling the extension or Firefox?

Edit: Deleting that file made everything work great. Thanks!

hooah fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 4, 2007

IcePotato
Dec 29, 2003

There was nothing to fear
Nothing to fear

RedKazan posted:

Actually can you link me to a valid attachment? With free image hosting people rarely seem to use them anymore and I can't find any.

Also, taking suggestions on what the infamous bottom mouse gesture button should do. It will probably be a preference with a few options that lets you, the user, choose on your end. Right now all I can really think of is "refresh page" and "jump to last" but I guess they are essentially the same thing.

first page of thread/current forum please

Tallymark
Apr 16, 2007

Dancing on the legs of a new-born pony
Left right left right
Keep it up son
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably impossible to implement this via a FF add on but I'll ask anyway :eng99:.

Someone posted a request over in "Questions, Comments, Suggestions?" for a list of randomly generated threads from across all the forums. GA responded and told him that there's bigger fish to fry and won't be happening any time soon.

I was just going to ask if it was possible to make a button (or a list, whatever) that just randomly picks a thread out of the forums. There's a sidebar that picks the most popular threads on the front page in a list from all the forums (Which would be pretty cool to have in the dropdown menu) but it's not really the same thing.

Could it be possible using the RSS Feeds to select one randomly?

I don't really know much about this stuff works (As you can probably tell) besides basic web design, so sorry if this seems like a completely idiotic thing to ask.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Tallymark posted:

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably impossible to implement this via a FF add on but I'll ask anyway :eng99:.

Someone posted a request over in "Questions, Comments, Suggestions?" for a list of randomly generated threads from across all the forums. GA responded and told him that there's bigger fish to fry and won't be happening any time soon.

The reason this would be really hard in any form is because there is no one sequential block of thread IDs that the main forums contain. There may be very old, unarchived threads, and threads with higher IDs that have been archived. The biggest issue is only including threads that are in the live forums.

That said, I came across an "Archive Roulette" page a while back; if you have archives, it's a fun waste of time.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The new version works perfect with my Firfox 3.0 20071204. Thank you very much, I can't tell you how much I missed SALR.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Tallymark posted:

I was just going to ask if it was possible to make a button (or a list, whatever) that just randomly picks a thread out of the forums.

Wish granted!

This Greasemonkey script changes the "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true." link in the main forum index to a link that navigates to a random forum, and then a random thread (instead of logging out, if you want to log out just click "Log Out" up at the top like a normal person, I'm too lazy to place a new link somewhere). Clicking it will act as if you clicked on any random forum or subforum on the page, and then when that forum loads fully it switches again to a random thread on the first page. Note: Does not include subforums of subforums (The MMO HMO subforums for example), it has to have a link somewhere on the front index. Also this probably doesn't work for the Firefox 3 beta as they handle load events differently (if Greasemonkey even does).
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           I'm Feeling Lucky!
// @description    Makes a link on the SA main forums index to take you to a random thread.
// @include        [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @author         RedKazan
// ==/UserScript==

var looking = GM_getValue("looking",false);
var onPage = document.location.pathname.match(/^\/(\w+)\.php/i);

if (!onPage || onPage[1] == "index")
{
	GM_setValue("looking",false);
	var where = getNode(document,document,"//A/B[contains(./text(),'dreams come true')]");
	if (!where) return;
	where.parentNode.href = "#ClickHereForRandomThread!";
	where.parentNode.addEventListener('click',
		function (event) {
			var doc = this.ownerDocument;
			var links = getNodes(doc, doc.getElementById("forums"),
				"//A[contains(@href,'forumdisplay.php?forum')]");
			if (!links) { alert("This should not happen."); return; }
			GM_setValue("looking",true);
			doc.location = (links[Math.round(Math.random()*(links.length-1))].href);
			event.preventDefault();
			event.stopPropagation();
		}, true);
}
else if (onPage[1] == "forumdisplay" && looking)
{
	// Wait til the page fully loads so the client doesn't explode changing pages so fast
	window.addEventListener('load',
		function (event) {
			var doc = event.originalTarget;
			var table = doc.getElementById("forum");
			if (!table) { alert("Sorry bro, dead end."); return; }
			var links = getNodes(doc, table, "//A[contains(@class,'thread_title')]");
			if (links) doc.location = (links[Math.round(Math.random()*(links.length-1))].href);
		}, true);
}
else
{
}

function getNode(doc, context, xpath)
{
	var nodeList = doc.evaluate(xpath, context, null, XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE, null);
	return nodeList.singleNodeValue;
}

function getNodes(doc, context, xpath)
{
	var nodes = doc.evaluate(xpath, context, null, XPathResult.ORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE, null);
	var result = new Array(nodes.snapshotLength);
	for (var i=0; i<result.length; i++)
		result[i] = nodes.snapshotItem(i);
	return result;
}
Let me know if you have problems. I tested it thoroughly but I'm not going to sit around for every possible forum/thread combination to see if it throws any wild errors. Enjoy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Any word on a Mozilla/Seamonkey compatible installer?

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Any word on a Mozilla/Seamonkey compatible installer?
yay, i am not the only one

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is there an SALR for Safari3? I recently upgraded and miss all of the SALR functionality, but can't find the old SALR for Safari thread nor any mention of Safari in this thread.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
I hope I don't get punched for this, but I haven't seen it mentioned and I try to follow this thread. The first reply in this thread by Duz mentions my problem, but it was last edited two months ago.

Anywho, my reply-count column is no longer colored yellow for threads in which I have made a post. I'm on Vista 64, with the newest builds of Firefox and SALR.

Is this a known thing or is it just my problem?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kneecaps posted:

I hope I don't get punched for this, but I haven't seen it mentioned and I try to follow this thread. The first reply in this thread by Duz mentions my problem, but it was last edited two months ago.

Anywho, my reply-count column is no longer colored yellow for threads in which I have made a post. I'm on Vista 64, with the newest builds of Firefox and SALR.

Known issue. Havn't gotten around to doing the work needed to make it work.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Am I the only person getting this error on quick-edit/reply/quote?

It only pops up if I have "Live Preview" checked. If I uncheck "Live Preview" it never shows up.

killer ninjas
Mar 10, 2005
This is a test.

Someone please quote the text in this post.

(Thanks in advance.)

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

killer ninjas posted:

This is a test.

Someone please quote the text in this post.

(Thanks in advance.)

What?

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

Kneecaps posted:

I had this problem too. After a bit of browsing in about : config, I found the cause. Open up about :config in your browser, find the entry extensions.salastread.userId. If it doesn't show your user ID (34784) you need to change it it to that (right click on the entry, go to modify, change it). That might solve your issue, it did for me.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Revolvyerom posted:

Am I the only person getting this error on quick-edit/reply/quote?

It only pops up if I have "Live Preview" checked. If I uncheck "Live Preview" it never shows up.
Nothing? :(
If it helps, after that error, the preview panel opens along with the entry panel under it, and the buttons lined below, but when I hit any of the buttons, the content resizes itself farther down, but not the window, forcing me to open the window wider to see the buttons again.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

duz posted:

Known issue. Havn't gotten around to doing the work needed to make it work.
Okey doke. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate all the hard work!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I figured out the reason picture heavy threads wouldn't reanchor to the first unread post was because I had the option checked both in SALR and in SA Edit Options. After checking no on the option Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads, pages now anchor correctly.

They will also anchor correctly if I have both anchoring options checked and uncheck convert links to images in SALR. So something with those three together is fubar.

v. 1128

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
What do I need to delete in order to completely uninstall SALR (in addition to uninstalling it from the "Add-Ons" menu)? Despite having the newest version installed, it seems like Firefox only wants to use my older versions settings, so :(.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

pliable posted:

What do I need to delete in order to completely uninstall SALR (in addition to uninstalling it from the "Add-Ons" menu)? Despite having the newest version installed, it seems like Firefox only wants to use my older versions settings, so :(.

Open about:config and do a search for all entries with salastread in them and delete or reset them. Open up your Firefox profile directory and delete salastread.sqlite and saforumlist.xml

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

duz posted:

Open about:config and do a search for all entries with salastread in them and delete or reset them. Open up your Firefox profile directory and delete salastread.sqlite and saforumlist.xml

Perfect, thanks duz!

Echilon
Oct 20, 2006
This is a really great extension. Thanks.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I would just like to thank the developers for the user note feature. I've been adding notes about almost every goon that I can find some information on. If someone mentions that they're a goonette, I add a note that says "GIRL!" if someone mentions they live in a certain country/city, I add a note. It's kind of helpful if I were to ever write a helldump article.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

Soiled Meat

Jeffrey Salsa posted:

I would just like to thank the developers for the user note feature. I've been adding notes about almost every goon that I can find some information on. If someone mentions that they're a goonette, I add a note that says "GIRL!" if someone mentions they live in a certain country/city, I add a note. It's kind of helpful if I were to ever write a helldump article.
I was reading this thinking about what a creep you are, then I realized I don't know where my user note feature went. I vaguely remember it being there, but now I can't find it (or the option to turn it on) anywhere. Am I missing something?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Jeffrey Salsa posted:

If someone mentions that they're a goonette, I add a note that says "GIRL!"
That is pretty creepy!

Kneecaps posted:

I vaguely remember it being there, but now I can't find it (or the option to turn it on) anywhere. Am I missing something?
There should be a link that reads "Add Coloring/Note" at the end of the bar of links that starts with "Profile" under each post. Optionally you can do it manually in the Users tab of the SALR options, just click on the "Add User" button on the right somewhere, but you'll need their user id. If the link under the posts doesn't show up, you may have silent errors preventing the page from parsing. After you've added a user, right click on their name in the list and select "User Note" down at the bottom.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Jeffrey Salsa posted:

Haha oh man, we've almost reached the end of 2007, but they're still coming in strong.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ignore this post, testing out some image stuff and this was easier then searching the archives (since I don't have archives)

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img120/9788/headerlogomn1.th.png

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/my.php?image=headerlogomn1.png

duz fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

duz posted:

Ignore this post, testing out some image stuff and this was easier then searching the archives (since I don't have archives)

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img120/9788/headerlogomn1.th.png

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/my.php?image=headerlogomn1.png

Quoting for further testing.

• Locked thread