Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Octal posted:

Please for the love of god, just include a 'fixme' button. So we can do it manually. I'm sick of wading through poo poo all the damned time.
Seconding this. This has been the only bug that has bothered me consistently for months with SALR.

A "manually update forum list" button would be really useful and since it would be in a configuration window, I doubt people would spam it or anything.

Other than this, you guys are doing a bang-up job of keeping SALR updated though. Thanks for your efforts. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
I haven't poked around the SALR code in a long time now and even when I did I didn't know what I was doing half the time. But would it not be possible to tell it to not update the forum list when the dropdown is empty? I wouldn't think it would be too hard to test for when you're parsing the list - if the item after Main is Discussion, or if the item after Main doesn't start with a dash, then don't update the list.

Also, a manual update option that does a one time pull of the forum list from the Posting Gloryhole would be nice as well. Then when the dropdown is empty, the forum list can be manually populated. I wish I knew JavaScript better, if I did I'd be trying some of this myself right now.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Just had to reinstall FF3 on the mac side, I'm getting this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

U.S. MAPLESTORY
Sep 29, 2006

now run and tell your mama bout that
I'm having an issue with the extension while running Windows XP through Boot Camp: Using Ctrl+R to refresh the page I'm on simultaneously refreshes the page and opens the SALR "Quick Reply" window. I haven't had this problem in either OSX 10.5.4 or vanilla Windows XP (at work), so I'm taking a leap here and assuming it has something to do with Boot Camp's key rebinding. Dunno if you're aware of this or care about it, but there it is.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

jackpot posted:

Tools -> Error Console. That may help you, if not, post what it says here. Alternatively, what happens if you try to install SALR like normal?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

U.S. MAPLESTORY posted:

I'm having an issue with the extension while running Windows XP through Boot Camp: Using Ctrl+R to refresh the page I'm on simultaneously refreshes the page and opens the SALR "Quick Reply" window. I haven't had this problem in either OSX 10.5.4 or vanilla Windows XP (at work), so I'm taking a leap here and assuming it has something to do with Boot Camp's key rebinding. Dunno if you're aware of this or care about it, but there it is.

Naw, that's because I wasn't filtering out extra keys for the key navigation, I've fixed that for tonight's build.

jackpot posted:

Reinstall and try again. Looks like the download got corrupted.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

pik_d posted:

Tools -> Error Console. That may help you, if not, post what it says here. Alternatively, what happens if you try to install SALR like normal?
Here's what's in my error log. I get the same error regardless of how I install; dragging from the downloaded file on the desktop or opening straight from the link give me this:

code:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsILocalFile.persistentDescriptor]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: getAbsoluteDescriptor :: line 438"  data: no]
Source File: file:///Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Line: 438k

duz posted:

Reinstall and try again. Looks like the download got corrupted.
Just tried that. When I download and install to FF2, it works fine. Installing to FF3 bombs every time.

3spades
Mar 20, 2003

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?

jackpot posted:

Here's what's in my error log. I get the same error regardless of how I install; dragging from the downloaded file on the desktop or opening straight from the link give me this:

code:
file:///Volumes/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Are you running firefox from the disk image the app comes in? Any different results say when you move/copy from the disk image into your Applications dir?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Updates!
This time the menu really shouldn't clear itself. If it does, heading to the posting gloryhole will reload it. Keyboard navigation has been tweaked to not activate if a modifier key was pressed as well (ctrl, alt, shift, meta). H has been added as previous page and next/previous page has been added to the thread list.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Thanks Duz. Right now the drop down menu on the forums is in retard mode, while the stuff in the SALR menu is as it should be. :toot:

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
I'm loving the keyboard navigation but I found a small bug today. If the page has a post by an ignored user, the navigation will break when you try to move past the ignored post.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I installed the update and went to the gloryhole but i still have no forums menu

edit: using the gloryhole link on this page works

Crash
Mar 29, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

I installed the update and went to the gloryhole but i still have no forums menu

edit: using the gloryhole link on this page works

You have to visit the "forum superstars" section, that's where the forums dropdown menu can be found.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

duz posted:

Updates!
This time the menu really shouldn't clear itself. If it does, heading to the posting gloryhole will reload it. Keyboard navigation has been tweaked to not activate if a modifier key was pressed as well (ctrl, alt, shift, meta). H has been added as previous page and next/previous page has been added to the thread list.
That's great. I use the menu constantly, so this fix is really helpful. Are you planning to add a link to the Gloryhole in the SA Menu, to go along with this?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

duz posted:

Updates!

I don't know what the hell happened, but when I installed this xpi last night, avg suddenly found a whole bunch of trojan horses, which I immediately quarantined. Now, for some reason, I can't connect to the internet (it connects, but it doesn't send or receive much of anything) and I can't do a system restore. When I try to run it, it tries, goes really fast, and then says that the system could not be restored. Also, when my computer restarted, it took me to the blue screen and said that the volume was dirty. It found about 10 indexes and deleted them.

I ran ccleaner, avg, all the spyware programs, but I still can't get a real internet connection. I went into the avg virus vault, healed and deleted the trojan horses, so they are all gone. Yet I still can't connect or restore. What the hell happened? It didn't happen to anyone else here, so its really confusing.

edit: my parents computer connects to the internet just fine, so its just my computer. Its like theres something blocking the connection, but I ran avg and it didn't find anything else.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Your computer is messed up.

Darth Mirth
Dec 12, 2004

Jedi business.
Go back to your drinks.
Feature Request: I love the keyboard shortcuts, especially the O for reanchoring threads. However, in fast-moving threads (like those going on for the Olympics, for example) where I hit refresh frequently, O seems to take me to the first unread post as of when I first came to the page. Is it possible to add another shortcut key that goes to the first unread post after a refresh, for use in fast-moving threads?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Darth Mirth posted:

Feature Request: I love the keyboard shortcuts, especially the O for reanchoring threads. However, in fast-moving threads (like those going on for the Olympics, for example) where I hit refresh frequently, O seems to take me to the first unread post as of when I first came to the page. Is it possible to add another shortcut key that goes to the first unread post after a refresh, for use in fast-moving threads?

Been meaning to get that in, but have been busy with the menu stuff. Whenever the next update is, it should have that in it.

zeus juice
Mar 22, 2007
my name rhymes
Hey, I've been lurking this thread for a while. I'm just chiming in to say thanks for the menu update, duz. It's more appreciated than you know.

Darth Mirth
Dec 12, 2004

Jedi business.
Go back to your drinks.

duz posted:

Been meaning to get that in, but have been busy with the menu stuff. Whenever the next update is, it should have that in it.

Cool, thanks! :cheers:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

duz posted:

Updates!
This time the menu really shouldn't clear itself. If it does, heading to the posting gloryhole will reload it.

This still is not really working for me. I got it to work yesterday, but today it has stopped working again and going to the posting gloryhole and forum superstars doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I must enjoy being contrary because right now the forumside menu is empty, but the SALR menu is working perfectly.

Looks like you weren't kidding about the convoluted code!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

That FUCKER Obama posted:

I must enjoy being contrary because right now the forumside menu is empty, but the SALR menu is working perfectly.

Looks like you weren't kidding about the convoluted code!

I'm in the same boat.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I had the empty menu, then did the update, then had to go to the gloryhole which fixed it.

mithrin
Aug 13, 2007

Is the update link dead? I'm just getting a blank page with no download.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

mithrin posted:

Is the update link dead? I'm just getting a blank page with no download.

Right click and save as.

mithrin
Aug 13, 2007

pik_d posted:

Right click and save as.

Doh! Thanks. I completely forgot about having to do it that way.

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

Nihonniboku posted:

This still is not really working for me. I got it to work yesterday, but today it has stopped working again and going to the posting gloryhole and forum superstars doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Please double-check your version is the absolute latest (v1.99.080810) before wondering why it doesn't work. Also, in the Gloryhole you need to go to a page with a forumid menu (anything under "Per-Forum Stats" has it) before it'll update.

edit: for again reference gloryhole top posts per hour

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

grrowl posted:

Please double-check your version is the absolute latest (v1.99.080810) before wondering why it doesn't work. Also, in the Gloryhole you need to go to a page with a forumid menu (anything under "Per-Forum Stats" has it) before it'll update.

edit: for again reference gloryhole top posts per hour

This was my issue. For some reason, the latest isn't autoupdating, so make sure you manually install it.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

JohnnyCanuck posted:

This was my issue. For some reason, the latest isn't autoupdating, so make sure you manually install it.

I got the latest with the "find updates" button on the extensions window. (I have auto-updates on extensions off.)

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

m2pt5 posted:

I got the latest with the "find updates" button on the extensions window. (I have auto-updates on extensions off.)
That is not triggering an update for me. My version is 1.99.080805
Will installing the update manually cause problems with an already-installed older version?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The version on addons.mozilla isn't allowed to autoupdate for some reason so that's just a back up for when bountysource is down.

Gxp
Jan 23, 2004

Son I'm afraid this is a stereo disaster.
I didn't realize how completely I relied on the drop down menu till it died and I started to :derp: when I couldn't fix it.

Thanks for the fix guys I've been using SALR for like 2 years now and it rocks my cock off.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Gxp posted:

I didn't realize how completely I relied on the drop down menu till it died and I started to :derp: when I couldn't fix it.

Thanks for the fix guys I've been using SALR for like 2 years now and it rocks my cock off.
It's funny, because up until about a month ago, I never used the drop down, because I never bothered to custom configure it to my frequently visited forums. But then one day I was bored, so I did that, and then I used it as my primary source of navigation. And then it broke.

Valvados
Sep 11, 2002

Night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul
Does anyone by any chance have the update lying around that they could email me? I've been trying to pull it off bountysource for the past two days, but the site has been down or something, I think. Thanks in advance!

draconicpaladin@gmail.com

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Valvados posted:

Does anyone by any chance have the update lying around that they could email me? I've been trying to pull it off bountysource for the past two days, but the site has been down or something, I think. Thanks in advance!

draconicpaladin@gmail.com

It's up on addons.mozilla if you can't ever get BountySource to work. Did you also try going to the main page and getting it from there?

duz fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 17, 2008

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

duz posted:

It's up on addons.mozilla if you can't ever get BountySource to work. Did you also try going to the main page and getting it from there?

I don't see either one of those websites where to download it from. THe first one is a login for mozilla add-ons and the second is your page but theres no download links

duz
Jul 11, 2005

OptimusMatrix posted:

I don't see either one of those websites where to download it from. THe first one is a login for mozilla add-ons and the second is your page but theres no download links

As stated in the first post, you need to create an account at addons.mozilla to download the version there. As for BountySource:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Public version of the first link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8398

You still need to register and log in, though.

Edit: You posted the developers' link, duz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

m2pt5 posted:

Public version of the first link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8398

You still need to register and log in, though.

Edit: You posted the developers' link, duz.

The two links are right next to each other on the developer panel :nyoron:

• Locked thread