Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Good lord, I have to register an account at mozilla just to download this? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Sasquatch! posted:

Good lord, I have to register an account at mozilla just to download this? :mad:

Not if you get it from Bountysource instead.

glitch77
Apr 22, 2006

Sasquatch! posted:

Either that, or read the OP. Tough call. :iceburn:

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

glitch77 posted:

Either that, or read the OP. Tough call. :iceburn:

I'll re-read the OP if you'll agree to read the last page, where people were complaining that...

Valvados posted:

I've been trying to pull it off bountysource for the past two days, but the site has been down or something, I think. Thanks in advance!
"Tough call", iceburn emoticon, etc.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Left clicking the BountySource link installs it just fine for me. :confused:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
duz, why exactly is SALR an "experimental add-on" on addons.mozilla.org?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

pik_d posted:

duz, why exactly is SALR an "experimental add-on" on addons.mozilla.org?

Because it hasn't been reviewed by a addons.mozilla person. Once it does, it'll no longer be experimental and won't require an account to download.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

duz posted:

Because it hasn't been reviewed by a addons.mozilla person. Once it does, it'll no longer be experimental and won't require an account to download.

Oh, cool. I had no idea it worked like that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Also, I can't nominate it to get reviewed by a addons.mozilla person until it has some reviews.
It also has to run without errors, so there's no rush to get it nominated.

duz fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 17, 2008

Valvados
Sep 11, 2002

Night brings its wetness to beaches in your soul

ryanbruce posted:

Left clicking the BountySource link installs it just fine for me. :confused:
Yeah, it's working for me now, too. :) Just hasn't worked for me before now for the past 2 days.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

duz posted:

Do they check the code, or actually test it? I love that someone at Mozilla has to buy a forums account perhaps to test it out.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Stuface posted:

Do they check the code, or actually test it? I love that someone at Mozilla has to buy a forums account perhaps to test it out.

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't anyone there with an SA account already, especially since it's a tech place and all. Internet nerd demographic and whatnot.

Cuddly Dan
Jul 6, 2005
Hugs are kewl! <3

Stuface posted:

Depending on the editor that reviews the extension, it can (and should) be both. The major problem right now is that with all the extensions that got released for the Firefox 3 launch, there is (or, at least, very recently was) a huge backlog of extensions waiting to get reviewed.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Reading through the last half dozen pages or so I see a lot of complaints about the quick edit/quick reply windows hanging but if there were any resolutions I missed them. Anyone been able to fix this yet? Thanks.

sonic bed head
Dec 18, 2003

this is naturual, baby!
Does anyone else have the problem that the posting gloryhole no longer has a forums list in it?

Crash
Mar 29, 2003

sonic bed head posted:

Does anyone else have the problem that the posting gloryhole no longer has a forums list in it?

No. (hint: check one of the "per-forum stats" links)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Thanks a ton for the fix, duz.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Since I updated my pinned menus are completely stuffed, and the dropout navigations are blank. Usually posting fixes it but no dice so far.

Any help? I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 and SALR 1.99.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Mister Bung posted:

Since I updated my pinned menus are completely stuffed, and the dropout navigations are blank. Usually posting fixes it but no dice so far.

Any help? I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 and SALR 1.99.

duz posted:

This time the menu really shouldn't clear itself. If it does, heading to the posting gloryhole will reload it.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
The skin for the thread highlighter only works half the time. The weird thing is, it works on my other computer. I just installed it on another one and it does this. I reload the page sometimes and it will work.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/2d/2d05248ee7d99051c45094cac780876e335a9773.png

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

Jethro posted:

Ah, ok. Weird, but thanks.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003
I'm having a maddening problem with my pinned forums disappearing. They seem to come and go constantly, more often go.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

If you don't have 1.99.080810 then go to the first post and right click->save as the link in the first sentence. Then go to the Posting Gloryhole and go to "Forum Superstars" in the dropdown menu, and it should keep your pinned forums forever.

If you already have that version, then I don't know what's up.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Okay, I may be grumbled at for asking something that's been asked, but I noticed that ignored threads not working isn't in the known issues. Yet, I can't get mine to stay ignored. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have to ignore a thread twice for it to disappear, but it will come back very soon thereafter.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ClydeUmney posted:

Okay, I may be grumbled at for asking something that's been asked, but I noticed that ignored threads not working isn't in the known issues. Yet, I can't get mine to stay ignored. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have to ignore a thread twice for it to disappear, but it will come back very soon thereafter.

Yeah, it looks like the caching is messing up and not saving them like it should. I don't know about the twice thing, that's FF3 related and havn't had a chance to chase it down.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
For some reason, I can't submit via quick-reply. The button's grayed out. I think I remember reading about that earlier in the thread, but couldn't find if there was a fix or not.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

hooah posted:

For some reason, I can't submit via quick-reply. The button's grayed out. I think I remember reading about that earlier in the thread, but couldn't find if there was a fix or not.

Creating a new profile might fix it if you're willing to go through the trouble. I (and many others apparently) have the same problem but I'm not willing to go through the trouble.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Running FF3 and 1.99.080810 and I get this:

quote:

SALastRead init error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/u0049309/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/6cr2exco.default/extensions/%7Bfc6339b8-9581-4fc7-b824-dffcb091fcb7%7D/components/SALastReadCom.js :: anonymous :: line 2025" data: no]

I've installed by dragging to the desktop and clicking the Bounty Source link. Any ideas?

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

The Finn posted:

I've installed by dragging to the desktop and clicking the Bounty Source link. Any ideas?

That line of code has something to do with updating from an older build. Go to about :config and change the value of 'extensions.salastread.currentVersion' to '1.99.080810' and try to install again.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

grrowl posted:

That line of code has something to do with updating from an older build. Go to about :config and change the value of 'extensions.salastread.currentVersion' to '1.99.080810' and try to install again.

It already says 1.99.080810 :confused:

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

The Finn posted:

It already says 1.99.080810 :confused:

Curiouser and curiouser. That line of code shouldn't be executing at all unless your buildnumber is retrieved as < 70414 (before 14/04/07, or x.xx.070414) so I guess your download is currupted or something, or your profile/sqlite is FUBAR and needs to be reset. sorry v:shobon:v

duz
Jul 11, 2005

grrowl posted:

You mean extensions.salastread.lastRunVersion

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

The Finn posted:

I had an error that looked something like that. I re-downloaded, reinstalled and it worked fine.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

duz posted:

FIXED

Thank you :)

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

duz posted:

gently caress. I guess this proves the other point I decided not to make that the code is overflowing spaghetti and impossible to trace. also i shouldn't try to sound knowledgeable at 2am.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
For some reason the thread re-anchoring has stopped working correctly, I think just for threads with images. Should I have the "Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads" option in the forums options set as yes or no?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I don't recall seeing mention of it before, and you're probably aware, but I just happened to notice today that the list vB code doesn't work in the live preview.

• a
  • b

No big deal, just thought I'd point it out on the off-chance nobody had noticed it before.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT
[php] tags also don't display at all. I know that actual highlighting would be a tall order, but I bet displaying it the same way as [code] in the preview area would be good enough.

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

brc64 posted:

I don't recall seeing mention of it before, and you're probably aware, but I just happened to notice today that the list vB code doesn't work in the live preview.

• a
  • b

No big deal, just thought I'd point it out on the off-chance nobody had noticed it before.

It's not in the menu either. Scallywags! Since I did some recoding of the live preview functions I'll conjure that up tonight and it'll be in whatever next release duz decides to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

Just committed the list code to SVN:

- to add a list, type it in or be lazy and click 'vb code' and 'list item' or be really lazy and press 'ctrl+8' or ctrl+*
- it shows up in the window
- i also added [php]
- edit: bugfix: also now your caret won't go walkabout when you use the hotkeys in certain situations

grrowl fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 26, 2008

• Locked thread