Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I don't know if it's just me, or if it's just the latest version, but apparently even if you're in a quick-edit window, hitting quote causes the quick window to submit (eventually, if you do submit and don't just cancel out) the resulting post as a reply instead of an edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

hooah posted:

Firefox 37.0.1, SALR 1.99.140209. Hitting "check for updates" on the add-ons page was what caused me to ask.

Mozilla sucks at vetting add-ons (like a month backlog and if you update the version you submitted to Mozilla before it's vetted it gets sent to the back of the line) and if you're using too stable a version of Firefox you get to wait for addons.mozilla.org instead of using a direct update (or you have to install the update manually).

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

fishmech posted:

Can SALR add something to de-embed WEBM links and just have them show as regular links, and turn off the tweet embedding/make the embeds just show the tweet text? I'm finding these two changes made to the forums today kinda annoying.

Native forums WebM embedding has already been removed. Twitter videos don't autoplay.

• Locked thread