Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is it possible to add a feature that automatically expands YouTube embedded videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to add "Starred Threads" to my SA menu?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I must be blind, but I put >> Starred Thread Menu << into my Pinned Forums, but it does not show up. Feel free to bash me if I am being an idiot. :3:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there any way to sync Starred Threads between computers, or do I need to use bookmarking?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

||||||| posted:

I think we gave up on syncing when GENADmin did server side thread tracking.

So in other words, use bookmarks instead?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to add Bookmarked Threads page to the SALR menu? I can't seem to find it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SFrost007 posted:

In the options, use the "Add URL" button on the menu tab to add the URL of the page. You'll need to restart Firefox for it to show up.

I love you. :wooper:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

hooah posted:

I've tried with every combination of those boxes possible, and it always looks the same. Unless I have to restart Firefox for those particular changes to take effect?

I think you always have to restart Firefox for changes to go through.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

With the new forum update I am getting a lot of white space on top now. I can take a screenshot if that would help.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

It's probably the new ads.

Could be, I must have them adblock'd. Any way to reclaim the lost space?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Decius posted:

Remove It Permanently got rid of it for me (Advanced: "This domain" "All similar items (...)")

Im a little confused here. Should I delete my adblock rules and recreate another one?

ninja'd

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone explain a bit how advanced filtering works? I tried ctrl-clicking the icon, but that just makes firefox launch a new tab and the subject still shows up.

Thanks.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

grrowl posted:

are you running the version 3 beta or version 2? I'm on version 2 again and ctrl-clicking works fine for me. I'd expect if you're running the beta you should pretty much expect things outside of basic functionality of SALR to be broken until the final 3.0.

Firefox 3 RC 1

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The header to the forums only shows up on the main forums, its this by design? It doesn't show up under any subforums.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

Yes. That's what `Remove The Something Awful Forums from page titles` option does.
Ok, little confused. I have both options check, but I still get the header on the main forum. Sorry if I am being blind today.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the page title. Yeah, looks like the header hiding isn't working on the forums home, I'll get that fixed.

It worked a couple times, not its back to just showing up on the main forum page.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz I still have the issue where the main forum page is hidden after 1 load, but then after it correctly hides itself the 1st time, from them on it stays unhidden.

Let me know if you need any files from me.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone getting multiple images when using SALR? I get one smaller thumbnail then the resized (via SALR) right next to it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Would it be possible to add an option to put threads you have replied to on top, like threads you have viewed?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz (or other devs)

The forum header on the main forums list is still not hiding properly for me. The weird thing is, when I upgraded to FF3 it hid properly the first time, but from then on it stays unhidden.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How does the keyboard navigation work?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone else getting double Youtube links?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I get a weird issue - the forum header shows up most of the time even though I checked the option to hide it. Sometimes it hides it properly but that is only when I re-login to SA or something. Is there an option in adblock to get around this?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

duz posted:

It's also up on addons.mozilla https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8398
Account required to install it.

You don't need an account anymore to install experimental addons

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

fishmech posted:

What's broken in the firefox 3.5 betas? I'm running beta 4 and haven't had any issues with SALR but then I also don't use quick reply.

Yeah I disabled compatibility checking and it works fine for me

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Advanced thread filtering seems to be broken. I un-hide the threads and re-added them, but that didn't work.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How can I reset my advanced filtering settings?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does advanced thread filtering not work for anyone else? FF 3.5, Vista 7, latest SALR

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Well that's neat (I so should know this already). It also works fine for me. What happens for you? And are you using the latest version? As in, are you super duper sure you are

Weird I am running 1.99.090126

I wonder if its abblock

Nope, disabling adblock doesn't work. This is a brand new FF profile also.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 8, 2009

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

epoch. posted:

Can someone explain the advanced thread filtering pane to me? I expect it to filter out all threads with a given icon/tag when I ctrl-click the icon, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
It hasn't worked for me in a couple months

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Could you guys add [video] to the vb code pulldown?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kri kri posted:

Weird I am running 1.99.090126

I wonder if its abblock

Nope, disabling adblock doesn't work. This is a brand new FF profile also.

Advanced Thread Filtering still not working for me. Tried another brand new profile, no luck.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Neito posted:

I don't think Advanced Thread Filtering actually does work. It's never worked for me, for example.

It used to work for me, it was a while ago though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Will advanced thread filtering ever work again? It's been not working for me now for about 10 months.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hung Yuri posted:

is it possible you can add video to the vB code tags?

I asked this before, that would be good.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can the [video] tag be added to the vB code menu?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Liface posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant. So could I sync that file between my machines using some sort of symbolic link and Dropbox?

I think the easiest way to do this would be use Portable firefox.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to make my pinned forums appear at the very top of the SALR menu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

minato posted:

Plus it encourages page snyping, which I think is a hate crime. It's odd, SA tends to abhor lovely posting patterns like single-emoticon replies, catchphrases, image-macros, etc, and yet page-snyping is pretty common.

Not really every page snipe I have seen is probated

• Locked thread