Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Frankly, sir, we in the Police Force are just plain baffled
Just installed SALR, and am loving it so far.
One thing minor thing I have noticed though, if you click the mouse wheel to open a new tab from the SA menu, the menu doesn't close. The new tab does open though, as I said it's pretty minor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007

duz posted:

That is intended so you can open several forums at once.

Ok, that makes sense. :)

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
As of this morning, SALR has lost the forum list, and cannot seem to renew it. Has this happened to anyone else?

edit: nevermind, it's working fine now.

argus tuft fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 5, 2008

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
I don't know if this is deliberate, but if a threads OP is also a Mod, they are not shown as the "thread poster". See this thread for an example. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2800648

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Whoops :(

edit- I have just noticed, but a thread I starred last night is no longer listed in the "starred threads" section of the SALR menu. :confused: The other threads I had previously starred are still there. (I had to "star this thread" twice to get it starred, but I'm pretty sure that's already been reported.)
Using firefox 3 btw.

argus tuft fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 13, 2008

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007

TheGreatFezini posted:

I'm having problems with my ignored thread list. I have to click twice to add a thread to my ignore list, and if I close my browser then I lose all the threads I ignored and they show up again when I re-visit the forums. Using Firefox 3.0.1. and SALR 1.99.

I was having trouble with SALR so I deleted the two files from my Firefox profile that Duz mentioned in an earlier post and reset the bolded SALR extensions in about :config. That fixed every problem I was having except for the ignored threads. Sorry if this is a known issue, I didn't see anything about it on the last few pages.

I'm having a similar problem, but with starred threads instead. I have to click "star thread" twice before the thread is now starred dialogue comes up, and if I go to check, the link has been added in starred threads, but has no text.

If I follow the link the text will appear properly, but the whole lot is lost when I close firefox.

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
I am also having the problem where the various forums aren't displayed in the salr menu, but this happens even with GBS set as my homepage, which I thought might fix it.

Also, is the "Visit a forum to reload list" item meant to actually do anything? If not, can I suggest that it be made to take you to the posting gloryhole or whereever?

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
My "starred threads" list is full of threads that have long since been archived, is there an easy way to delete them from the list?
Following the links takes me to the this thread is archived page, and the salr context menu item isn't available there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

The "edit bookmarks" button should be able to remove threads that are in the archives.

For some reason only 2 threads are showing up in my bookmarks in user control panel, both of which are current

• Locked thread