Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I just noticed that the pinned menus section is missing every single forum. There's nothing under the unpinned section, and the forums in the pinned section are marked as "unknown forum" along with the forum id, so like GBS is marked as "unknown forum [1]".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Since they updated the forums to include a link to the leper's colony, can you remove the SALR link and fix the spacing for it and stuff?

Also, I noticed that the youtube part of SALR seems to have trouble always playing videos at 720p. Some videos will default to it, others will default to 360p even if they have 720 as an option. I dunno how easy it would be to fix that though, since I'm not a programmer just a bitchy person who wants his add-on to work perfectly.

Oh, if you do work on the 720/360p problem, could you set it so if you selected 720p as the default, if that isn't an option but 480p is then it would go with 480p instead? It just makes sense for it to have it go to 480 if 720 isn't an option but you have the default at 720, since you already either have a fast connection or don't mind the wait.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Thanks for responding to my post!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=380104171&forumid=1 this is one where 720 is an option but it does not default to it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=380104375&forumid=1 this is where it defaults to the 720. They're from the same page of a thread. I noticed that one is embedded and one isn't, but I'm pretty sure it still does that even with linked videos that are put in with SALR.

astral posted:

Where?

The new link is next to the hide avatar option underneath every post in the normal thread view, and next to the post history option underneath every post in the reply window. It says "Rap Sheet".

Edit: Also, when someone is banned or probated, the thing in the post that says (USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST) is now a link to the leper's colony as well. Not that it matters for SALR, but since you didn't know that they did some changes, I felt that that should be worth mentioning.

Schizophrenic Orb fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 25, 2010

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

From what you've said, I think you may need to disable the SA forums-based embedder in the SA user control panel. The embeds done by the forums themselves will not respect your SALR quality setting.

Awesome, that seems to do the trick! Thanks!

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
So something that I've noticed that kind of bugs me is if you have a stickied thread bookmarked, if you have SALR sort bookmarked threads by new posts, whenever the stickied thread has new posts, it jumps to the very top of the list, even if other threads have newer posts. This means that if you bookmarked a stickied thread that you haven't completely read through, even if the last post was days or even months old, it's still at the top of the list acting like it's the thread with the most recent post.

It does not do this if you've read the new posts in the stickied thread, because at that point it isn't resorted. It's not a huge issue since I'm going to read all the posts in my bookmarked threads anyways, but it's still a bug that maybe should get fixed.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

I'll look into it.

Update! v1.99.100813 (this build is NOT up on addons.mozilla, so don't try to get it there!)

So this does not fix the problem I was talking about.

This is the way it is without SALR:

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

But this is the way it is with SALR:

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

I want it to act the way it does without SALR, with the stickied thread appearing in the order it was last updated in.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

I am sorry if the layout of my post was ambiguous, but I haven't gotten a chance to look into the situation you described yet and I wasn't trying to claim to have fixed it. It's on my to-do list, though. :)

Yeah, I was a little confused by your post, completely my fault. I'm just glad it's on the to-do list, because it's the only flaw that I've been able to spot in this add-on. Keep up the good work!

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

Update! v1.99.100817 (this build is NOT up on addons.mozilla, so don't try to get it there!)

Cool, it fixed my issue. Thanks!

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Is there any way to get mod-embedded youtube videos to not play automatically? Even if you have the option set to never embed videos, the ones done by mods still embed, and it seems like they automatically play.

For reference: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3331341&userid=24587

If you can't do it that's fine, since the instance I linked to is the only time I can recall having to deal with this.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Can you add a "Bookmark this Thread" option to the right-click options? I know I have the option to star a thread, but I don't use stars and I don't have them turned on. If someone has the stars turned off does it just bookmark the thread?

E: I'm only asking because sometimes if I'm reading a thread, I don't know if I want to bookmark it or not, so I'll start reading it, and once I'm halfway down the page I decide I do want to bookmark it. I don't want to lose my place, and half the time when I reach the end of the page I'll forget that I haven't bookmarked it and I'll close it instead.

Schizophrenic Orb fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 9, 2010

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

G-Prime posted:

I like this idea, but let's take it further. Expand it two buttons to the left. First icon is a little bookmark icon that is light or dark if you have the thread bookmarked or not. Second icon is the star status for the thread, colored appropriately. Put these just to the left of the go to first page in thread button.

This is a fantastic idea and I support it wholeheartedly.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I can see it being used for all the times when someone posts a reply to something in a thread, sees their post at the top of a page, and then goes OH poo poo CONTENT.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Maybe you could make it so you can choose where to upload the images to, so if someone wants to use a different host they can but SALR would still do the work for them. That way you don't shoehorn everyone into using an image host they don't necessarily like.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
The forums are going through exciting times right now, now that there's a coder that's actually competent. One of the things he's done is add the links from the top of the page to the bottom of the page. However, SALR only adds the "Configure SALR" link to the top of the page. Can it also add the link to the bottom, so it matches with the rest of my Forum Experience?

I know this is a completely superfluous thing, but if other stuff needs changing because of the forum updates could that be added in too?

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

argus tuft posted:

My "starred threads" list is full of threads that have long since been archived, is there an easy way to delete them from the list?
Following the links takes me to the this thread is archived page, and the salr context menu item isn't available there.

The "edit bookmarks" button should be able to remove threads that are in the archives.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
So I noticed that SALR no longer selects the video quality for youtube videos. It still seems to make the video the right size, but it's always the default quality now.

Also, when that's being fixed, could there also be an option added to automatically turn off annotations for youtube videos? They have a little button for it but it'd be fantastic if I didn't have to click that button.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

Flipperwaldt posted:

Reanchoring threads to the targetted post after all images are loaded is broken for me.

I have this problem as well. The built-in forums option and the SALR option do not work, I tried every combination of the two.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Just for the record, the option to reanchor threads to targetted post still doesn't work.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

Schweinhund posted:

e: also while you're up there, any chance of a "see your posts in this thread" link next to it?

This is a really cool idea and I would love to see this as a feature as well.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Some threads in the comedy goldmine seem to be having issues with the in-thread search box. The search box gets pushed to the very bottom of the page, along with a bullet point that says "Who posted". Example threads are here and here, at least for me. Probably not a really high-priority thing to fix, and it doesn't seem to affect all the threads in the goldmine, just ones before May 2012 (just from some quick checking), just thought I'd report it.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
This is a forums bug, but it can be easily fixed with SALR probably.

When someone posts an image from imgur, if the image url ends with certain letters (I believe s, l, and m at least, there might be others), the forums remove the last letter, breaking the image url. It creates a timg (which points to the correct url) and the timg is also a link to the image (with a now incorrect url). When SALR automatically expands timg'd images, it points to the broken url instead of the correct timg url.

An example is here.

Is it possible to make it so SALR notices the discrepancy between the timg and the url, and display the correct, non-broken image?

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
Can the "Search Thread" box that gets added to the top of each thread be changed so it uses the new forums search? Currently it still uses the old search.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I found a bug in the youtube title scraper. It seems to be scraping the title of this video incorrectly: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=444940587&forumid=167

For me at least, it shows up like this: . Not sure what the problem might be, and it's the only video I've seen so far that's had a problem with the title scraper.

Edit: found a couple more on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3493510&perpage=40&pagenumber=85

Edit 2: it seems to be an issue with either youtube or SALR, because now all videos are being titled like that. Tried ctrl+f5, but they're still showing up like that. Using Firefox 37.0.2 in Ubuntu 14.04.

Edit 3: restarting the browser didn't fix the issue.

Schizophrenic Orb fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 5, 2015

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

Thanks for testing this. Please visit this link and copy&paste the result into a code tag. I do have an idea of what might be happening already (YouTube is killing off the older version of its API for more devices), but having that output would be handy.

e: After grabbing that output, feel free to try this test build which uses the newer YouTube API version.

code:
{"version":"1.0","encoding":"UTF-8","entry":{"xmlns":"http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom","title":{"$t":"Kickstarter Video"}}}
The test build seems to have fixed the issue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
After updating from the last beta to the latest, the SA context menu disappeared from my browser until I restarted it. Just thought I'd mention it, since that means that last one wasn't "restartless". Haven't had a problem with the other betas however.

On Ubuntu 14.04, Firefox 42.0

• Locked thread