Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't see any page icon. Is there some option I've missed on the control panel?

E: Nevermind, found the option!

User Control Panel > Edit Options > Set "Show an icon next to each post indicating if it has been seen or not" to yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Flipperwaldt posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=448460196&forumid=167

I can find no way to affect the size of the tic tac toe playing robot gifv. I tried setting picture max width and height to something ridiculously small (300px) and changed embedded player size to tiny (because I don't remember which of either was supposed to apply) and the thing is still taller than my screen (1200px). Restarted the browser in between a couple of times to see if that made a difference, but no dice. Don't know if that's working as intended somehow.

Not sure if this helps, but in Firefox 39.0, this rule affects it:

code:
p > video
{
	max-height: 300px;
}
I tried that using Firebug.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Nate RFB posted:

It's not SALR at least, since I forgot I could just you know disable it and reload Firefox to test that. Guess I'll just run through the list enabling/disabling add-ons until something changes.

If you haven't found the reason yet, forums.combined.js might not be loading.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657588&pagenumber=80#post449079625

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

hooah posted:

If you insist on staying with an older version of Firefox for whatever reason, you should at least move to an ESR version. I'm not familiar enough with these to tell you what the most recent one is, but I'm sure you could find out in the Firefox thread.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Is there any way SALR could make the forum breadcrumbs go back to the old way? Failing that, does anyone know of a script/extension that does that already?

I put together a Greasemonkey script a while ago to do this.

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        No Breadcrumbs
// @include     http://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

var head, style;
head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
if (!head) { return; }
style = document.createElement('style');
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = 'div.breadcrumbs a.up:hover span { display: none !important; }';
head.appendChild(style);

Marta Velasquez fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
That script only disables the hover menu. It doesn't add the original contents back. That was good enough for me when I wrote it.

• Locked thread