Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I don't care.

Maybe it's time to consider putting this old horse down. Most of the core functionality has been subsumed by the forum itself, and what's left breaks often and stays broken for days or weeks at a time. The days when something broke and a fix came out within hours appear to be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Lollerich posted:

Salastread hasn't been broken for months. Consider hitting that update button in the Tools > add-on menu every once in a while. :confused:

I was using the latest build as specified by the first post. Some threads had highlighting that wouldn't go away even after clicking the 'mark thread unread' button. I'm pretty sure that's a known issue. I also had a strange mix of forum-style buttons and SALR-style buttons, which I presume was caused by the known issues with that functionality.

There's definitely broken functionality in the most recent build. I can't remember the last time there was a build in which every feature worked as intended.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

porktree posted:

What's the point of this post? I'm thinking you should have just voted one and moved on. Duz and the rest are doing great, there much about SALR to love and need. I really don't get why you felt the overwhelming need to post this, why you care whether there's continued work on SALR at all. Oh, wait, are you a troll?

I didn't feel an overwhelming need to post this, actually, I was just trying to stimulate discussion on whether SALR had largely run its course as a forum phenomenon. Voting the thread a one would be pointless, I'm not trying to stop other people from using it if they want to. Don't take it personally, it's just software.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
The ability to set images to be resized to static dimensions is incredibly useful when you're browsing on a small screen...almost every image broke the tables on my eee pc.

• Locked thread