Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

RedKazan posted:

I also wrote another patch for my own personal entertainment that other people might enjoy having, it adds a Ban History link in the Profile bar after Post History, as seen here (red circle not included):

I'm no JS master so if something can be done better feel free to fix it up.

Please pardon my ignorance, but I think this is a great idea and I'd like to add it to my version. Trouble is, I don't know how. Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Works perfectly. Thank you Lollerich.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is it possible to hide the "quote" button for your own posts?

I know it's my own drat fault, but I've twice now accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my post. I wouldn't think it would be any harder than hiding the "edit" button for other users.

This seems like a novel idea to me.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Psychodude posted:

Is it just me, or does SALR remove the edit button? I can't see the edit button on any page on the forums if SALR is running and disabling it brings it back. Is this just me?

Edit: Unchecking the "Hide edit button for users other than yourself" option fixes this. Weird.

Integrated features are weeeeeeeeird. Haha. Tard.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

The Dark One posted:

Does this reply bug out for anyone else using SALR?

I'm using the 070830 build.

Sure does.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

McSpanky posted:

...nightlies five times a week. :(

Are they really that often? I've got the Update Notifier plug-in set up so that it automatically downloads and installs updates, so I really don't notice.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Script works like a charm. You're awesome, RedKazan.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Darth Mirth posted:

Just chiming in to say that this is incredible and now as indespensible to me as SALR itself. :cheers:

I'd have to agree. Very cool feature.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

zeldadude posted:

I keep doing quick edit but it makes a new post. Is this a bug or am I just going crazy? Actually I know I'm not going crazy because I took a screenshot of the edit window before I posted it and it STILL made a new post. :wtc:

That's been working fine for me.

Edit: Test.

Edit2: Yup, still working fine.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

I'm seeing the same thing as the last few posters on my end.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

dirtbag posted:

The only thing I've noticed now is that, like someone else mentioned, I have to hit the Submit button twice to make it go. That's not even an issue though really as I'm just glad to have it working. I can say almost for certain that I didn't change or edit anything on my end. Any of you other guys who had this problem back up and running yet?

That's happening over here too.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

grrowl posted:

known FF3 bug, i think you can get around it by submitting with alt+s, which is quicker once you get into the hang of it anyway

I have to click submit twice on FF2. What now, mister mattress man?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Thanks duz :)

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

duz posted:

Added link to view the thread a single post comes from

Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I have no idea what this means.

At any rate, thanks for the update. :)

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

CheeToS posted:

Click the little "1" under your avatar to be taken to your post by itself. Then click it again. It brings you back to the thread now :monocle:!

Oh hey, neat.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

I have some questions that will undoubtedly point out how dumb and unobservant I am.

1. How does one ignore a thread? I see no way in which to do this.

2. What does the "Enable advanced thread filtering" option do in the Forums sub-menu of SALR preferences?

3. This is probably unrelated to SALR, but does anybody know why my signature doesn't show up in a thread even when I've got the box checked to show it?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

duz posted:

1. Right click it.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

withak posted:

Your poo poo is broken.

WTF. I just went back and tried again. guess what happens? You guessed it. Works fine.

Edit: Not like it actually DOES anything when I click on ignore.

Biaxident fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 4, 2008

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Okay, ignoring threads is 100% NOT working for me. I'll click on "ignore" and nothing happens. So I checked the ignored threads list in the settings menu and it's still blank. I'm not really sure what version of SALR I'm using but it should be the latest nightly. Firefox version 2.0.0.17

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

Can you post the SALR version from your extensions manager?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

...the thread does not immediately disappear from the thread list and will not show up in the ignored threads preference pane?

This.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

Found the cause and I'm fixing it now; the next nightly should work fine for you and other FF2 users. :shobon:

It was totally my bad, too.

Edit: Fix is checked in and will be in the next nightly. Sorry about that!

Excellent.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

You guys are awesome! Lovin' you. :gay:

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

For whatever reason I'm unable to mark a particular stickied thread as unread. I'll click the red X and while that disappears, the thread is still highlighted blue. Is this a forum-side issue? Anybody else experiencing any issues?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

Do you have it bookmarked?

Yes. Am I missing something obvious here?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Idran posted:

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming he's asking because a lot of times if you can't mark something unread in the thread's forum, you can still mark it unread from the bookmark list. But I'd still say that's more than likely a forum-side issue, since SALR doesn't have anything at all to do with tracking last read status anymore, that's all the forums.

I figured that might be what he meant so I tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

I apologize if I'm touching on something that has already been addressed. I follow the thread but have been known to be dumb once or twice.

I've been noticing an issue with SALR converting links to images which I will illustrate with this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3018022

With SALR enabled \/\/\/\/\/

With SALR disabled \/\/\/\/\/

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

Revolvyerom posted:

I don't know if this has been covered yet or not, but the ability to mark a thread as unread from within the thread itself would be handy. There's been a couple of times I've been in a thread, and wanted to see the images in the OP, and even hitting the page icon on that post just brings up all the images made after that post.

Right now I have to step back up one to the subforum the thread was posted in, find the thread itself, hit the "X" and go back into the thread. An "x" in the thread (even just for the first page) would be great.

Not sure if that's possible, but I second that motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

brc64 posted:

Lastly, has anybody ever thought of adding a link to Awful Yearbook under each user's posts? Since the AYB page is based off of the userid, it seems like it would be trivial to implement. Just an idea.

Somebody made a Greasemonkey script for this awhile back. I forget who it was so I apologize for not giving due credit to whoever you are.

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           AwfulYearbook
// @namespace      [url]http://www.titaniummantis.com/awfulyearbook[/url]
// @description    Greasemonkey script to integrate the SomethingAwful forums with AwfulYearbook
// @include        [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?*[/url]
// ==/UserScript==
var il = document.evaluate('//table[contains(@class,"post")]/descendant::ul[@class="profilelinks"]/li/a[contains(@href,"member.php")]', document, null, XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_ITERATOR_TYPE, null);
var i = il.iterateNext();
var profiles = new Array();
var profileIdExtractor = /member\.php\?action=getinfo\&userid=(\d+)/
while (i) { ni = il.iterateNext(); profiles.push(i); i = ni; }
for(var j = 0; j < profiles.length; j++) {
	profile = profiles[j];
	profileLi = profile.parentNode;
	url = document.evaluate('@href',profile,null,XPathResult.STRING_TYPE,null).stringValue;
	result = url.match(profileIdExtractor);
	userId = result[1]
      yearbookLi = document.createElement("li");
	yearbookSpace = document.createTextNode(" ");
	yearbookLink = document.createElement("a")
	yearbookLink.href = "http://www.awfulyearbook.net/user/"+userId;
	yearbookLi.appendChild(yearbookLink);
	yearbookText = document.createTextNode("Awful Yearbook");
	yearbookLink.appendChild(yearbookText);
	profileLi.parentNode.insertBefore(yearbookLi,profileLi.nextSibling);
	profileLi.parentNode.insertBefore(yearbookSpace,yearbookLi);
}

• Locked thread