Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

RedKazan posted:

ClydeUmney posted:

This has been posted a couple of times, but not since last year, so I thought I would mention it. If you are looking at a single user's post in a thread (using the ? link), the mouse gestures don't work - they take you to the regular thread, not to the next page of their posts. Just an FYI...

You're right, I thought I had fixed that a while ago, but I guess not. Sorry, I'll try and fix that soon.

I'm having a similar (maybe related) problem browsing the comedy goldmine. For example, at this page, clicking forward or back in the SALR tray will take you to the right place, but a mouse gesture forward will alter the daysprune (mouse gesture back has the same problem) and take you here instead.

Edit: It looks like the SALR mouse gestures put daysprune=30 in no matter where you are. That seems unnecessary and, in the case of the Comedy Goldmine, problematic.

astral fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I just got an error popup. It happened either when I was loading page 2 of a thread I hadn't read before or in the process of trying to navigate back up to the forum using mouse gestures (please forgive me for not knowing which, I just woke up and am not all the way awake yet - I think it might have happened when I right clicked to do the mouse gesture navigation though). I haven't been able to replicate it yet, but in case the popup means something to you I'll include it:

I'm currently using Firefox 3 RC1 Build 1 on Windows Vista.

I'm also seeing something strange still related to the daysprune/mouse gestures: If there is no daysprune value set, the mouse gestures will still add daysprune=30 to the URL. The comedy goldmine itself seems to completely ignore custom daysprune values now, so it's not that big of a deal, but it still seems somewhat silly to me to add extra stuff to the query when it isn't needed.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

RedKazan posted:

Errors like that are not uncommon when the script gets halted due to changing pages too quickly or the page not fully loading for whatever reason. But let me know if it happens on a regular basis. I'm hoping to rewrite a lot of the databasing code eventually to provide more error-catching and prevent a lot of the unnecessary pop up errors.

Ah, good to know that it's not serious.

quote:

That's because the forums add all that stuff when you go to another page anyway. Hover over the 2, 3, whatever page links; all that extra stuff in there isn't our doing. 30 is the forums default daysprune, but I should probably set it to snag your default out of the Pages links.

Sounds good. You may want to alter the lower-right corner navigator too, as if we start from GBS at the following link:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1

we have these links to page 2:

In-page navigation:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/fo...=0&pagenumber=2

SALR Lower-right corner navigator:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1&pagenumber=2

SALR Mouse gesture navigator:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/fo...=0&pagenumber=2

astral
Apr 26, 2004

RedKazan posted:

Known Issues
- Turning the context menu on/off requires a restart (may be FF3 only)
- The two color selector boxes for Admin Color and Background will show up as red the first time the prefs window is open but will update eventually (the correct colors will still display if you click on them and in the forums) (should be FF3 only)
- The context menu labels will not update, but still functionally work as intended (i.e. after starring a post the menu will still say "Star This Post" when what it really means is "Unstar This Post" which is what it will do) (may be FF3 only)

I've fixed these three and they should be available in the next update. :)

wormil - What do you mean by "my quick edit/quick post buttons no longer work"? Do the quick buttons not show up? Do they show up but not respond to being clicked? There are a few different ways that something can stop working, so please be a little more specific. You could also try to run SALR with a new firefox profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows), log in to the forums, and see if the problem persists.

astral fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 20, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

wormil posted:

I click the button, a window opens but it never goes past the please wait dialog. And I just realized I only have the problem in FF3 RC1, FF2 works as normal.

Are the different browser versions using distinct profiles or sharing one? Have you tested it with a clean profile in Firefox 3?

I briefly had a similar problem a long time ago with an earlier beta of Firefox, but the problem disappeared shortly afterwards.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

wormil posted:

I admit to being browser ignorant. I installed the two versions in different directories but maybe FF3 imported my FF2 profile. Let me try to test it.

edit: must be a profile issue then, works fine with a new profile.

You might find this link helpful then: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_settings_to_a_new_profile

A lot of weird things can happen when you go from using FF2 to using FF3 with the same profile. Yeah, I know it sucks.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Supervillin posted:

Edit: In the "quick reply" window I could actually see the tindeck thumbnail image in the first example I posted, but when the post is... er... posted, both of my examples just show http://www.tindeck.com/audio/image/b/mhnp

You mention checking SALR and Firefox settings, but did you check your "Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?" option in your forums User Control Panel? It's probably not this since you mention other images working fine, but it doesn't hurt to have a look. Do you have the same issue if you disable SALR?

astral fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 22, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Bow posted:

No-ads isn't expensive guys :geno:

Also I seem to be getting those pop up errors when I view a specific post by itself, but it hasn't affected anything. I'll try turning on or off error reporting when I get home.

As it happens, I fixed this yesterday. It (along with some more FF3 bugfixes) will show up in the next nightly that comes out. :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Hi, for those getting the popup crash bug where a lot of features stop working and it gives an annoying error, I fixed the problem by deleting my mozilla folder in application data. This is probably more heavy handed than is necessary, but it worked for me.

This would be analogous to following the directions I posted earlier to make (and migrate to) a clean profile, but by deleting it first you lose all your settings.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

kri kri posted:

Can someone explain a bit how advanced filtering works? I tried ctrl-clicking the icon, but that just makes firefox launch a new tab and the subject still shows up.

Thanks.

If someone could explain how it's supposed to work, I would be happy to take a look at fixing it for Firefox 3.

That reminds me, I also fixed the post icon menu in the "Quick Post" dialog (in Firefox 3 it looked absolutely terrible), but I don't think I mentioned it here yet. So, there is no need to report that one. The fix will show up in the next nightly.

:siren:EDIT::siren: Advanced filtering seems to be working fine for me in Firefox 3. If you don't know how it works: with the option on, the "Filter posts" section in a forum's index will be renamed "Advanced thread filtering" and you can add a list of ignored keywords or control+click an icon in that section to add it to a list of ignored icons. Control+clicking an icon in the ignored icons section will remove it from the list.

grrowl posted:

edit: wait i think one of us is using 'analogous' wrong

Nope. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 3, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Also, is there any particular bug preventing the emoticons looking squashed bug being fixed in the quick reply window?

The fix is checked in and should appear in the next nightly. :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ClydeUmney posted:

All right, I've read through the last couple of pages, and didn't see anything about this. If I missed it, please feel free to flame the poo poo out of me.

Every time I look at a single post since the new forum update, I get the following error message (click for larger):

The page seems to load fine, but SALR doesn't load for that page. So, it's more of a nuisance than anything, but I still wonder why.

The fix will be in the next nightly. See: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=343865802&forumid=22

astral
Apr 26, 2004

jackpot posted:

Yeah, same here. I didn't like doing it (wish I'd known which file kept my saved passwords - bye bye!) but it worked. This is a small point that mac users probably already know, but don't delete the folder, just delete the files. Deleting the whole folder kept Firefox from opening because it thought it was already open. Somehow.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_settings_to_a_new_profile

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pik_d posted:

Oh, I _think_ in FF2 that reloaded the page, so I didn't even try that. Thanks.

That is the equivalent of clicking the Go button.

I didn't like that they moved the Go button in Firefox 3, so I put it back where it was. I can share the method if anyone's interested. :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pik_d posted:

Please do.

I take no credit for the solution; it was posted at the mozillazine forums. :)

First, you need the extension userChrome.js: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=397735

From the page I linked:

quote:

What userChrome.css is for CSS customization, userChrome.js is for JavaScript. Simply edit the file userChrome.js (in the same place as userChrome.css) and its content will be run whenever a new browser window is opened (onLoad).

So, you will need to create/edit a userChrome.js file in the same directory as your userChrome.css (this would be in the 'chrome' folder in your profile folder). Here's my userChrome.js:

code:
// This file can be used to customize the functioning of Mozilla's user interface.
// For example code see [url]http://mozilla.zeniko.ch/userchrome.js.html#snippets[/url] .

// Add code to apply to all windows above the following line
// and code to only apply to the main browser window below:
if (location != "chrome://browser/content/browser.xul") throw "stop";
(function() {

var
    goButton = document.getElementById('go-button'),
    urlBar = document.getElementById('urlbar-container');

urlBar.parentNode.insertBefore(goButton, urlBar.nextSibling);
   goButton.style.MozAppearance = "toolbarbutton";
   goButton.style.padding = "5px";

})();
And no, it doesn't clash with the default windows theme (sorry, don't have the time to take a screenshot right now, but I'll be happy to edit one in later if you'd like and if I have time).

astral
Apr 26, 2004

pliable posted:

Hey duz:

I'm running SALR version 1.99.080518 here at work, and it apparently seems to be running perfectly. In fact, I uninstalled Firefox 3 RC1 and installed the final build, and I didn't even get an error message saying I needed to upgrade. Hopefully it's not some sort of fluke, but maybe people can try downgrading to that version?

June 10's build contained a lot of firefox 3 fixes. I wouldn't recommend anyone revert to a build older than that.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Duck from Mexico posted:

I have missed the feature that provided link backs to original posts in quotes ever since radium banned it. I've had the idea for a while of a poor man's version that keeps a big hash of usernames => userid and automatically converts quote links to showthread.php?threadid=xxxx&userid=yyyy . It's obviously very simple to implement but I didn't know how to make Firefox extensions until I made this one. The only reason that it couldn't be a trivial greasemonkey script is that you need to read and write the hash of names to a local file every time you open/close the browser. I'm not sure if this will be an issue for like 30,000 names. But anyways, the point is that I personally love it because you don't need to go back page after page doing a CTRL+F on the name to find the post being quoted, so I think it might be a good addition to SALR. I'm not trying to be a cocktease and be like "Heres my sweet extension but nobody can have it but me", I just don't have an interest in maintaining an extension and I'm sure any of the SALR people could implement it in 5 minutes if they think its a good idea.

The userid is available in every post; you wouldn't need a database for that.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Duck from Mexico posted:

I'm talking about a link like the one in the quote. Since quotes don't nest even one level, it's very hard to follow conversations in many threads. You would need a database of user ids unless you only link to users who have posted on the same page as they were quoted, which is not usually when it's needed anyways. Also you can do more fancy stuff like pass in part of the text of the quote, and then do a substring match against all of the posts, thereby jumping automatically to the post in question most of the time (unless the quoter removed the text of the post, or it's not in the first 40 posts that the quoted person made in the thread).

Ah, I misread. Apologies. That's what I get for putting off sleep too long.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

CygnusTM posted:

Would is be possible to make the inline video converter recognize international YouTube sites? (uk.youtube.com, it.youtube.com, etc.)

That shouldn't be too much trouble. If it isn't already taken care of by this weekend I'll have a look at it. Is there a handy list of all of them anywhere?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

grrowl posted:

top of youtube, click on the country next to the language and it lists them all. It's probably safer to use something like (w{0,1}[a-z]{2})\.youtube for forwards compatibility.

Probably. Without seeing a list, I couldn't be sure that they all took the same two-letter form. :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Note: Starring's still pretty bogus, but the tracking of threads posted in might be a little better.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

m2pt5 posted:

I was using the GM script that biznatchio wrote to do this (and I added * to the included pages, to let it work everywhere) but I've switched to the SALR one now that it supports international Youtube.

Can you tell me how to modify the Greasemonkey script so it works for international Youtube everywhere?

Assuming the script you refer to is this one, this should do the trick:

code:
change:

function sayt_vidClick(e, linkNode, videoId)

to:

function sayt_vidClick(e, linkNode, videoId, videoSub)

=====

change:

embedEl.setAttribute('src', "http://www.youtube.com/v/" + videoId);

to:

embedEl.setAttribute('src', "http://" + videoSub + "youtube.com/v/" + videoId);

=====

change:

function sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(linkNode, videoId)

to:

function sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(linkNode, videoId, videoSub)

=====

change:

linkNode.addEventListener('click', function(e) { sayt_vidClick(e, e.target, videoId); }, false);

to:

linkNode.addEventListener('click', function(e) { sayt_vidClick(e, e.target, videoId, videoSub); }, false);

=====

change:

var hrefmatch = href.match(/^http\:\/\/(www\.)?youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([-_0-9a-zA-Z]+)/);
		if (hrefmatch)
		{
			var vidid = hrefmatch[2];
			sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(thisLink, vidid);
		}

to:

var hrefmatch = href.match(/^http\:\/\/((?:www|[a-z]{2})\.)?youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([-_0-9a-zA-Z]+)/);
		if (hrefmatch)
		{
			var vidsub = (hrefmatch[1] == null ? "www." : hrefmatch[1]);
			var vidid = hrefmatch[2];
			sayt_prepareVideoPlayer(thisLink, vidid, vidsub);
		}
Edit: Cleaning up the formatting of my instructions a little.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 2, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Idran posted:

Just reporting a minor bug, it looks like the context menu isn't loading the correct thread ID for Ignore/Star This Thread. For me it's showing the same thread id no matter what thread I right-click. The pop-up notification box after choosing one of the options still has the correct one, though.

Yeah, a strange set of circumstances seems to cause that weird behavior. I spotted it the other night, and with a little bit of testing I found out this bug has been around since I originally got the context menu to start behaving in FF3 back in June. It's on my to-do list to both isolate the exact steps necessary to reproduce the bug and to figure out just why it's happening. Then it'll get fixed.

Thankfully, as noted, it doesn't affect the actual ignoring/starring, just the display in the contextual menu.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

As a bit of an update, it seems that the context menu label issues happen if you try to access the context menu before the page has fully loaded. Try to avoid doing that in the meantime, or else you will have to restart your browser to get it working properly again. :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

Okay, ignoring threads is 100% NOT working for me. I'll click on "ignore" and nothing happens. So I checked the ignored threads list in the settings menu and it's still blank. I'm not really sure what version of SALR I'm using but it should be the latest nightly. Firefox version 2.0.0.17

Can you post the SALR version from your extensions manager? If you aren't updated to one of the last two nightlies (1.99.081101 or later), ignoring threads isn't going to be working well at all.

Also, thread ignoring is working fine for me with the latest nightly on the portable Firefox 2 I use for compatibility testing. Edit: egg, face, etc.

---

In other news: the next nightly build will have:

• Fixed starring-thread cache handling; starring threads will work now (doesn't add to bookmarks, but to the 'starred threads' menu you can have in your SALR menu)
  • Fixed saving ignored/starred thread titles immediately from thread view
  • Fixed saving starred thread titles immediately from forum view
  • Slightly better/more reliable context menu behavior (mostly redid how the context menu items are shown/hidden, removed an unnecessary "hide the SALR context menu" function call that caused annoyance)

astral fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 5, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

By 'nothing happens' do you mean you do not even get the "Are you sure you want to ignore thread#(number)" dialog? Or do you get the dialog, but the thread does not immediately disappear from the thread list and will not show up in the ignored threads preference pane?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

This.

Found the cause and I'm fixing it now; the next nightly should work fine for you and other FF2 users. :shobon:

It was totally my bad, too.

Edit: Fix is checked in and will be in the next nightly. Sorry about that!

astral fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 5, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hobb posted:

I have a maybe stupid question. I've been a long time user of the opera last read, but recently been using firefox since not trying it in years. I've got the last read working mostly how I liked it in opera, but the OP highlighting doesn't seem to work. I've got it all set up and mods/admins highlight as they should.

Is there just some really easy step I'm missing?

edit: for that matter I can't seem to add names to the custom user highlighting section. Is this just bugginess with firefox 3.0.3?

Do you have your forum side preferences set to the ones shown in the OP? My bad, it's not listed there. This is the forum side preference you want to check:

I just took a look in my custom user highlight section; adding a new user seemed to work but it won't let me delete it. I'll dive into the code and find out what's going on.

Edit: Found a few major bugs in the user highlight managing stuff. Fixing 'em.

Edit 2: All fixed! I'll bug duz to push a new build with all the recent fixes.

Edit 3: On a related note, this led to me discovering a color picker bug where if you tried to pick a color by changing the RGB values (and not the hex rgb or the HSB values), it wouldn't update the hex rgb, the thumbnail of your color, or the return value. This has also been fixed. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 8, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Quick reply/quote is broken due to a forums update. This post is going to help me check the behavior of the new validation system.

Note: Quick edit still works fine.

test post test test2

code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/xmvuG3q.gif[/img]
code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm.jpg[/img]
[URL=http://imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm][img]http://i.imgur.com/ZBkQ7Zm.jpg[/img][/URL]
code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nt1UF58.gif[/img]
code:
[url]http://i.imgur.com/nt1UF58.gifv[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsN7nwg9iE
turns into:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsN7nwg9iE

astral fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 17, 2016

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hobb posted:

I still can't add usernames to the highlight field for some strange reason. I can however add a blank name if I just hit ok without typing anything in prompt. I wonder whats going on.

You're supposed to add them by userid (the number). Perhaps the dialog box should clarify this a little better (current text: "Please enter the user's SA Forums ID / Their username will be picked up while browsing the forums"). I'll also look into why it tries to add a userid of zero if you leave it blank. First priority right now, though, is quick quote/reply.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 10, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Looks like we're all set for fixing quick reply/quote.

Clarification edit: These fixes will show up in the next build.

astral fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 11, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

killer ninjas posted:

Nope, Quick Reply/Quote is now apparently broken due to SALR specifically.

I'm not going to get into a semantics argument with you (if you want one, look up 'due to'), but my sentence was correct as written. As of today, the forums have a new system for new post/reply authentication which involves a new hidden input (form_cookie) in the post/reply forms. This broke SALR's quick post/reply/quote since we weren't set up to deal with it yet. I went ahead and added provisional support for this new system, so everything should be working fine after the next SALR build comes out. The only thing I didn't get to test was the posting of new threads (but it should be working), so hopefully someone can test it when the build comes out and let us know.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Casao posted:

I'm wondering if it wasn't intentional, since it specifically mentions SALR.

But really, was I missing a rash of spam postings that encourage this? Unless this adds in double post prevention, I don't see it being any big thing.

The form_cookie looks like it changes every time you load a reply/quote/etc page. My best guess right now is that the forums maintain a list of recent form_cookies and let your post go through if you submit a valid one. If a form_cookie then expires after it's used to make a post, that would probably prevent double-posting. Aside from that, I don't know what might have prompted the implementation of this new system, but I'm sure there is probably some other good reason involved.

Edit: I should add that it was no problem at all to just grab the form_cookie value and use it, so you can rule out any ideas of forum administrator malevolence. The message about SALR was likely put in there because they knew SALR would break at first and they don't want to get support mail just because a third-party addon doesn't support something they did. :)

Edit 2: Since there's no extra note, I think it's safe to assume that it just compares the form_cookie of a new post against the form_cookie of your last successful post (which is stored). Not providing a form_cookie yields an error since it doesn't have anything to store to compare against.

astral fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 11, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chakra posted:

Thanks for the concern, but yes I read his post. I think I'm confused about what a "build" is :downs:

http://www.techweb.com/encyclopedia?term=build&x=0&y=0 :)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

duz posted:

Updated!

Thanks to astral for fixing this as soon as it broke so I didn't have to.

Notes for this version:
  • SALR now works with the new post authentication system, fixing the scary posting errors
  • Bugfix: The "Show threads in bookmark list with new posts first" option will no longer put completely-read sticky threads near the top of your bookmarks list
  • Bugfix: You can't add an empty userid for user highlighting anymore
  • UI clarification: The dialog for adding a userid for highlighting now makes it clear that it wants a number, not a name

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hooah posted:

It wasn't really much of a problem for me, since I've had to get re-acquainted with the old method of posting due to still having problems with the submit button being intermittently disabled. I still haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. In fact, while I was typing the paragraph after this one, the Submit button became re-enabled. :wtc:

Incidentally, while typing this I noticed that if the Quick Reply window is open, my main Firefox window is unresponsive - I can't open a new tab, a new window, or bring up the menubar (I use an extension that hides it unless I hit Alt). Any ideas?

What Firefox version and OS are you running? If the unresponsiveness is a recurring problem, can you make a new Firefox profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows if you use windows, or http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager otherwise), install SALR in the new profile, disable any other extensions that may have been installed for all users, and then see if the unresponsiveness/other weirdness still happens?

astral fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 11, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bucket Joneses posted:

I still can't post using quick reply. Firefox says there are no updates for SALR either.

Using SALR 1.99.080805

That's odd; update manually and that should fix it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

For whatever reason I'm unable to mark a particular stickied thread as unread. I'll click the red X and while that disappears, the thread is still highlighted blue. Is this a forum-side issue? Anybody else experiencing any issues?

Do you have it bookmarked?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Contrabassoon posted:

It seems like there's an incompatibility between the current SALR and the Firefox 3.1b2pre line--the first post on any given page of a thread will get the SALR CSS classes/mod highlighting/etc. attached, but subsequent posts won't. I tried it both with and without the new JavaScript JIT options enabled, same result either way.

Tested using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081117 Minefield/3.1b2pre, no other extensions enabled. It worked just fine in the official 3.1b1 release.

ed: I found the exact build where it breaks. Worked fine in 20081113, is broken in 20081114.

I'll take a look and see if it's exposing something wrong on SALR's end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Contrabassoon posted:

It seems like there's an incompatibility between the current SALR and the Firefox 3.1b2pre line--the first post on any given page of a thread will get the SALR CSS classes/mod highlighting/etc. attached, but subsequent posts won't. I tried it both with and without the new JavaScript JIT options enabled, same result either way.

Tested using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081117 Minefield/3.1b2pre, no other extensions enabled. It worked just fine in the official 3.1b1 release.

ed: I found the exact build where it breaks. Worked fine in 20081113, is broken in 20081114.

I'm still looking into it, but as a temporary workaround, you can disable the lower-right corner navigators to remove some of the weirdness.

Update: I think I see the problem, and I've discovered an unrelated lower-right corner navigator bug along the way. Working on a fix!

Update 2: I've fixed the incidentally-discovered bug and addressed part of the b2pre issue. Still a bit more to go.

Update 3: All set now. Fix will be available in the next SALR build. Thanks for reporting the issue!

astral fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 18, 2008

• Locked thread