Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Could we have an option to hide the quote button for your own posts? It isn't needed 99% of the time and in fast moving threads I get worried that I click edit too fast and end up double posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
Would it be possible to have a list on the forum pages of threads that you've read recently but aren't on the first page? I know you guys can't go out and check all the read threads and see if they have new posts if they're not on the first page but if something like this is implemented it'd make it easier to tracker some of the slower threads in GBS and other high traffic subforums.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

duz posted:

SALR doesn't track what threads you've read so that can't be done.

Oh shoot thats right. I forgot that was all server side now.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

RedKazan posted:

tab stuff

gm_openintab is what you're looking for.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

Revolvyerom posted:

Alright, it's at http://revolvyerom.com/firefox/
Both the application data folder, and the program itself, properly sanitized (thanks for the heads-up vkeios).

Might want to clean up your bookmarks as well.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

duz posted:

New version out! In addition to being on Bounty Source, I've also uploaded it to addons.mozilla (account required) for when Bounty Source is offline.
This version fixed the wandering SA menu location and the missing grenade logo that appeared on it. It should also no longer clear the forums list when it can't update it. Some CSS tweaks were added to try and help speed up page loads.
And the latest feature has gone live now, keyboard navigation!
  • N - Next Post
  • P/M - Previous Post
  • J - Next Page
  • K - Previous Page
  • O - Reanchor thread
  • Q - Quick Quote current post
  • E - Quick Edit current post
  • R - Quick Reply current thread
This only works in threads and not in the forums so don't try it there. Also, sometimes Firefox loses focus of what tab you're really on, so if the keys arn't working, click on a post and try again. A grey dashed border will be around whatever post is current to the navigation so you know what you're selecting when you Edit/Reply.

Edit: Some are saying j/k for next/previous feels backwards so I'll be adding h for previous tomorrow so you can use h/j for previous/next.

Awesome feature. Would you ever consider making the keys configurable?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
I'm loving the keyboard navigation but I found a small bug today. If the page has a post by an ignored user, the navigation will break when you try to move past the ignored post.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
Is anyone else running the latest version from bounty source with 3.6? Everything works perfectly except for one annoyance - right clicking on the forums menu brings up a context menu along with it's normal behavior of opening a new tab. I'm not sure if this is a bug or caused by something else that I'm running.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
While you're in there could you fix right clicking on the forum menu? It used to just open up the forum in a new unselected tab but now it also brings up the context menu. Nothing major but opening forums from the menu is probably my most used feature of SALR.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

astral posted:

I'll look into the menu right-click thing when I can, but since classes are starting back up for me today I can't make any promises for the short-term. You guys do know you can middle-click those menu items too, right?

I can't believe I didn't try that. :aaaaa:

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
The search this thread box is fantastic but would it be possible to have something similar for individual forums?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

astral posted:

:siren:Update! v1.99.121231:siren:

Restored basic SALR functionality. I'm sure plenty of other stuff is still broken (including proper thread coloring), but I wanted to get this much working and out the door ASAP. :)

I love you for this. Thanks for the very fast turn around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

Aratoeldar posted:

Hey Mental Genius; did you bother to read the thread? I posted earlier that I use 3.6.28 because forcastbar hasn't worked since 4.0. I looked at the install.rdf and the minimum version is 3.5. :rolleyes:

You're sticking with an ancient version of firefox because your weather widget of choice isn't working? :wtf:

• Locked thread