Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
There seems to be a slight problem with mouse gestures in the single-user post list. (The one you get to by clicking the "?" link next to someone's post; not sure what else to call it.) When you try to use gestures there, it navigates you to the page number you're trying to get to in the thread itself, rather than that page number in the user's list of posts. Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in the thread or on Bounty Source, so I hope this isn't a repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I posted about this a while back, but it doesn't seem to be fixed yet, nor is it listed in known issues. Gesture navigation still looks to be broken in single-user thread views. The navigation box in the corner works right, but when you use the right-click navigation boxes when you're viewing a single user's posts in a thread to go to another page, it takes you to that page number in the all-users thread.

It's not a major issue by any measure, but I don't know if my reporting of it was noticed before or not. All the single-user stuff that just got updated reminded me of it, so I figured I might as well mention it again.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Revolvyerom posted:

Can't you just expand the folder and middle click the ones you want? Seems like it'd be the same result and the same effort. Or am I missing something?

Middle-clicking a site in the Bookmarks menu closes the menu, and middle-clicking in the Organize Bookmarks window switches focus to Firefox when the tab opens, so either way you'd have to reopen it/switch windows back for each site in the folder you wanted to open.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

HellsEmbrace posted:

This may have been asked already, but I looked through 4 or 5 of the previous pages and didn't see anything. I'm just wondering if being unable to mark threads as unread in Ask/Tell is the same for everyone. I haven't been able to do it for months and I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end or not. Thanks!

Edit: It works for all other forums, except for the Film Dump, so I'm beginning to think it's a problem with "alternate" forums and probably totally unrelated to SALR. Sorry if that's the case.

It is, yeah. But if it's that big a deal, you can always try bookmarking the thread, marking it unread in the bookmarked threads list, and then unbookmarking it. I noticed this worked a few days ago for a thread in SA-Mart, but I can't say for sure if it works for A/T or not.

Edit: Yeah, I just tried it with an A/T thread I had bookmarked, and it worked fine.

Idran fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 26, 2008

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Noble Nobbler posted:

this is pretty funny, but I'm getting like double and triple posts in salr now sometimes, it's weird

I don't think that's SALR. Generic Admin had to disable the double post protection a while back while she was trying to ease the server load some until she can rewrite it, because it was too big of a hit on the server. For now, any accidental multiple click on the post button will multi-post.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Stuface posted:

Do they check the code, or actually test it? I love that someone at Mozilla has to buy a forums account perhaps to test it out.

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't anyone there with an SA account already, especially since it's a tech place and all. Internet nerd demographic and whatnot.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just reporting a minor bug, it looks like the context menu isn't loading the correct thread ID for Ignore/Star This Thread. For me it's showing the same thread id no matter what thread I right-click. The pop-up notification box after choosing one of the options still has the correct one, though.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Biaxident posted:

Yes. Am I missing something obvious here?

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming he's asking because a lot of times if you can't mark something unread in the thread's forum, you can still mark it unread from the bookmark list. But I'd still say that's more than likely a forum-side issue, since SALR doesn't have anything at all to do with tracking last read status anymore, that's all the forums.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

m2pt5 posted:

:eng101: It's in the Add-Ons dialog, which I would think is the more obvious place to look.

Is there any good reason not to put it in both?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Revolvyerom posted:

Is there a way to get SALR to convert these embedded videos into links instead? Automatically loading every one on a page is killing my poor ancient computer.

Doesn't disabling the videos under your user options make them show up as links?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Revolvyerom posted:

Nevermind that this was asked before that setting actually existed, a quarter of the page up from you...
And still on this page, and in fact immediately after my question, both quoting it and answering it is the man himself:

Oh, I know you meant that for him and not me, but: whoops, I missed that post entirely back then. And it was 5 days old at the time too. My mistake.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Indeed, ever since I accidentally stumbled into the keyboard navigation, I've loved it. One request I would make (unless there's already one and I've just never found it) is a key that does the same thing as the Up mouse gesture menu thing, bringing you to the forum the thread's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

The text in that post belongs to a link to an image, which is converted according to your SALR settings. That would be the intended behavior.

Are you sure? As far as I remember seeing in other posts, it usually removes the link to the image but leaves the link text, and puts the image itself at the end of the text.

• Locked thread