Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I know that this has been brought up over and over again, but I can't see any quoted images. There used to be that checkbox that said "use SALR style rating system" or something to that extent that fixed it but since the latest update that's gone. I just tried uninstalling the extension completely as you said a few pages back to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Dudley posted:

Theoretically it should work, the reason the checkbox went is the broken rating style also went.

It's really confusing. I'm using the same version of Firefox at home at at work. My work computer is the one I previously posted from. My home computer (which I'm posting from now) doesn't have the quoting images problem. The only noticeable difference between the two is Vista here at home and XP at work? Why would that matter? I really don't get it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

erebus25 posted:

BUT, as I mentioned before the quoted images are hidden by default and only made visible via a Javascript function, should any Javascript fail before this bit of Javascript executes (in the site or from SALR) the quoted images won't be made visible again. :(
Sorry to ask but, Yodzilla are you 100% sure that your home computer has the most up to date version of SALR installed? Are you seeing any Javascript errors while browsing SA at home?

No Javascript errors on my home computer, but that's where the images work. It's my work computer where the images are broken. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and report back.

As for latest version, Firefox is telling my that SALR on my home computer is 1.99.070730. My work version should be the same as I downloaded the latest build and installed it today.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duz posted:

Set extensions.salastread.suppressErrors to false and let us know if you get any error messages.

Nope. None here on my home machine.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

duz posted:

Well since your home machine works fine, I wouldn't expect any.
Try it on the one that isn't working.

No errors here on my work computer as of this morning. However, I had to restart after installing some updates and now the images work. So apparently just uninstalling SALR, closing Firefox, and reinstalling the latest version wasn't enough to clear away whatever hangups this thing was having. :goleft: Sorry for the trouble, but that was kind of odd.

• Locked thread