Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

erebus25 posted:

And SALR already does this as well, take a look at the "Add Coloring/Note" link under everyones post. As I said before I managed to reinvent a feature SALR already had.

Whenever I go to use the thing, I automatically try to edit the entries by double-clicking on them. If you guys amalgamated the three colour/note windows into a single one with tabs (that could be opened either with a double-click or a right-click ), it would be cool. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

It seems like the forum is adding "amp;" in the URL it sends Firefox when you try to open the 'Who Posted' list for a thread. Would SALR be capable of fixing this?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Ice Blue posted:

What's this right click gesture you guys are talking about?

Right-click and hold to bring up a set of navigation buttons.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

duz posted:

Updates!

The 'new posts' number being hidden and replaced with the Last Post button isn't working properly for me.

This is with the FF 2.0.0.7 and XP SP2.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Does this reply bug out for anyone else using SALR?

I'm using the 070830 build.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

ryanbruce posted:

I think the easiest implementation would be to check the "who posted" link in the forum view. Maybe SALR could keep track of the count and if it sees the OP +1 it would put a star next to it or something.

I'm not a programmer, but that would seem to be the easiest non-crawling method.

I thought the 'who posted' link didn't work for people browsing the forum with Firefox.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Hey, it's just some motivation to come up with even niftier space-age features. :v:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I had the same question a while back. I don't think it's enabled by default, but it's in the General tab of the preferences window.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Darth Mirth posted:

Yeah, they used to be clickable so you could at least see the full-size version. Now I have to right click -> View Image and it is annoying.

The problem is that if the quoted image was a thumbnails pointing to a full image hosted elsewhere, the forum would override that link and leave you with a tiny picture that couldn't be properly viewed without backtracking to the original post.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The image rescaling feature in SALR is really handy, but it doesn't seem to work on images that are inside quotes. This is the post where I noticed it. (I have it set to shrink anything that's wider than 1024 pixels)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I updated Firefox to version 3 and the menu is showing up blank even though I have extensions.salastread.useSAForumMenuBackground set to true. This happening to anyone else?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Having a keyboard shortcut to re-anchor the page is a great addition, thanks duz. :)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I didn't notice any announcement but it seems that Ctrl-E brings up the Quick Edit window if your post is the newest unread reply in a thread. :)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The next time you update SALR, could you change the keyboard shortcut for the [super] tag to Ctrl-= instead of Ctrl-Shift-=?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Revolvyerom posted:

Ctrl-= is already used by Firefox to increase the zoom, though?

Well, Ctrl-Minus works fine for the [sub] tag and it works fine in the preview window. :shobon:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

wormil posted:

I am and it is mildly annoying. Do you actually have any stickies bookmarked?

I have two stickies bookmarked and neither of them are stuck at the top of my user control panel (with the same Windows, Firefox and SALR versions as m2pt5). :shobon:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Feature request: SALR's image scaling option is really useful for oversized pictures, but it's less useful when you want to expand an image that's already in a [timg] tag. An option to disable scaling when trying to expand timgs would be cool.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Whilst farting I posted:

Would it be possible to make user notes collapsible, and to have the option to be collapsed by default?

That sounds more like the goon stick-its extension.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Whilst farting I posted:

Can I get a link to that?

Well, the problem is that it was never updated to work for Firefox 3. :v:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10299350-92.html

What do you guys think of this news? Are they going to get rid of the menu bar or just give the option to hide it?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Is there a way to get SALR to recognize the timecodes that people sometime add to their youtube links?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

It is possible to make the embedded youtube player aware of any #t= part of the URL?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I came across a weird bug just now. Quoting this post and then clicking on the link from within the live preview opens up a new window pointing to chrome://salastread/content/quickpreview.html. Pasting that link into another quick reply window and clicking on it works fine, though.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The youtube embedder doesn't seem to like timecode values if they're given as more than 99 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDC7oMOnmCc#t=99s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDC7oMOnmCc#t=100s

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Is salastread.sqlite is the only file I need to keep hold of when starting over in a fresh install?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Is there any way to get SALR's button to act more like the big new orange Firefox button, where you don't have to release the mouse click to get the menu to open?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

ryanbruce posted:

I added extensions.CheckCompatibility.6.0 and set it to false; no dice.

I thought I had compatibility manager, guess I'll reinstall it.

edit: All of these extension shenanigans have me wondering: Wasn't Firefox 4 supposed to start having restart-free installs?

I had some troubles getting it to work, that line did do the trick after deleting and re-adding it a few times. I have no idea what made it stick the last time, though.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Given that the SALR button you can stick in your browser

()

is functionally the same as the old (and now hidden) dropdown menu, is there a way to make the Alt-A keyboard shortcut trigger the button instead of the menu? Basically, I'm complaining because the keyboard shortcut makes the old menus pop up again for a short amount of time and they're ugly and shift the content on the screen around slightly. :( :(

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

gi- posted:

Looks like the last version of SALR doesn't work with FF7.

Like, a version number check problem, or an actual break by a change in the way Firefox works?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The indentation is still there for me. v:)v

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Firefox Button --> Options --> Toolbar Layout. Or you can click on a blank spot in the toolbar area and choose 'Customize.'

Then, just drag and drop the SALR button from that window to whereever you want it in your interface.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Hey, I have another feature request to do with the youtube embedder (I realise the forum can do it too now with [ video] tags, but I still prefer the way SALR handles the links). Anyway, the request is to add recognition for the shortened youtu.be links some people are using now. :)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

astral posted:

Missed this post from a while back, but the menu bar is not hidden for everyone. Perhaps some other keyboard shortcut for the button would be a better idea? Any suggestions?

Maybe a toggle in the Preferences. I really like my Alt-A shortcut. :shobon:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Neat!

Also, is there a Quick Reply keyboard shortcut to add in [quote] tags?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I noticed something- the forum's [video] tag works with https youtube links links, but the live preview still thinks they won't work.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Thanks for the quick response. :)

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Minor bug report!!

The Live Preview thing freaks out if I use a youtube URL starting with https inside a video tag.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Lolcano Eruption posted:

Is there a way to disable the modified colors? I much prefer the default forums colors.

I think is what you're looking for:

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 10, 2014

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I've used the SALR menu icon like a pinned tab, but with the new Australis UI, it looks a little out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The vertical alignment for the content of the Author/Replies/Views/Rating columns in the User Control Panel seems to have gone wonky with the latest patch.

• Locked thread