Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Sorting by author right now sorts by userid. It doesn't carry over to the other pages though, unless you manually add the sort string to the url. Could SALR include a way to automatically add the "&sortorder=asc&sortfield=postusername" on pages past the first? I guess it'd be a different button on the forum navigator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Doesn't seem to do that for me:

Click here for the full 838x809 image.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

m2pt5 posted:

How do you get the forums to look like that? I like it.

Same Stylish sheet madprocess has more or less. I've added a another line to it that reduces the stength of the "closed thread" overlay, which Stylish will complain about but allow you to keep. Get Stylish for FireFox!
code:
@namespace url([url]http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml[/url]);

@-moz-document domain("forums.somethingawful.com"),domain("archives.somethingawful.com"),domain("forum.somethingawful.com") {

* { font-family: Corbel !important; }
code { font-family: Lucida Console !important; }

body {
		background-color: #000 !important;
		color: #ddd !important;
		}
	td.title, td.icon, td.replies, td.rating, td.posts, td.banned, #pm td, tr.seen1, td.seen1, #filter, .altcolor1 td, #main_full td, div.standard  {
		background-color: #323232 !important;
		border: 1px solid #434343 !important;
	}
	img.timg { visibility:visible  !important; }

td.author, td.icon2, td.views, td.lastpost, td.moderators, td.users, td.archived, td.topics, tr.seen2, td.seen2, .altcolor2 td  {
		background-color: #393939 !important;
	}

tr.thread.closed td { filter:gray; -moz-opacity:0.9 !important; }

th.icon, th.icon2, th.title, th.replies, th.rating, th.rate, th.author, th.rating, th.lastpost, th.views, .category, #pm th, #info th, th.moderators, .forumbar, .threadbar, #main_full th, .standard h2 {
		background-color: #434343 !important;
	}

.moderators { text-align: right !important; }

.qb2, textarea { 
		background-color: #478 !important;
		border: 1px solid #000 !important;
		padding: 10px !important;
		color: #eee !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;
	}

select { 
		background-color: #434343 !important;
-moz-appearance: none !important;
	}

.qb2 h4 { color: #000 !important; }

pre { 
		background-color: #698B69 !important;
		padding: 10px !important;
		color: #fff !important;
		font-family: Corbel !important;
	}

pre hr { 
		color: #333 !important;
		background-color: #333 !important;
		height: 1px !important;
		border: 0 !important;
	}

a { color: #4F94CD !important; }

body, a:visited { color: #4481B2 !important; }
#usercpnav li { 
float:left; 
padding:1px 0em !important; 
background:#3f3f3f !important; 
border:1px #333 solid !important; 
font-size:12px !important; 
font-weight:normal !important; 
color:#036; 
}

a:hover { text-decoration: none !important; }

dt.author { color: #698B69 !important; }

select {
		height: 15px !important;
		background-color: #323232 !important;
	}

option {
		background-color: #4A708B !important;
		padding: 3px !important;
	}

#mp_bar {
		background-color: #393939 !important;
		padding: 5px !important;
	}

#globalmenu {
		background-color: #333 !important;
	}
	#container {
		width: 97% !important;
		margin-left: auto !important;
		margin-right: auto !important;
	}
td.title div.lastseen { 
	border:1px solid #050505 !important;
	background:bottom right no-repeat url('http://fishmech.net/newpost-button.PNG') #070707 !important;
	float:right !important;
	margin:5px !important;
	padding:0 !important;
	min-width:8px !important;
}
#forum td.title div.lastseen a.x {
	font-size:9px !important;
	border:0 !important;	
	color:#dbb !important;
	background:bottom left no-repeat url('http://fishmech.net/newpost-button.PNG') #070707 !important;
}
#forum td.title div.lastseen a.count {
	text-align:right !important;
	width:32px !important;
	border-left:1px #070707 solid !important;
	padding-right:12px !important;
}
form#ac_timemachine { 
margin:0 0 6px 0 !important;
font-weight:bold !important;
padding:2px !important;
padding-left:22px !important;
font-size:10px !important;
width:300px !important;
}
form#ac_timemachine.active {
background-image:url('http://i.somethingawful.com/core/icon/fsilk/clock_red.png') !important;
 width:370px !important;
}
#ac_timemachine { 
background:#3f3f3f url('http://i.somethingawful.com/core/icon/fsilk/clock.png') no-repeat !important;
 background-position: 3px 4px !important; 
}
#ac_timemachine select { 
}
#ac_timemachine input { 
}
table#forum.archives tr th, div.forumbar.archives { 
background-color:#8F0035 !important; 
}

#ad_banner_user, .ad_banner_oma, #searchboxes, #nav_purchase, #unregskyscraper { display: none !important; }
}

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

m2pt5 posted:

Ok, I got Stylish. I went to the Manage window, hit Write, pasted all that in the text box and named it Dark SA. It's enabled, but it's not working. Are there any other extensions that it is known to conflict with?

Edit: I found a different darker one to use, but the textarea on the posting page is mostly unreadable. I commented out all the font changes, but I'm not sure what this is. It's white text on a very light gray background.

Edit2: Duh, I edited out the url tags that the forum wrapped around the namespace url and it works.

Yeah that older dark mod basically ignored a lot of stuff, me and madprocess worked together to make the one I posted look right and consistent.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dirtbag posted:

I'm using SALR 1.99* with Firefox 3.0.6 and suddenly when people quote me it doesn't make the quote a certain color anymore. They just stay plain white.

You'll have to be more specific than 1.99*, that could be anything from like January 2008 to today.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Noble Nobbler posted:

Any quick fix for 3.5?

What's broken in the firefox 3.5 betas? I'm running beta 4 and haven't had any issues with SALR but then I also don't use quick reply.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

JetsGuy posted:

SALR 1.99.*

That's not the version, what version do you actually have?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Could you change the current click-tag-to-sort-by-tag feature to one that lets you middle click a bunch of different tags to open in new tabs? Since SA added the click-tags-to-sort feature the current SALR implementation of it is redundant, but you can't middle-click with the SA system.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Argon_Sloth posted:

Using SALR 1.99.090126 right now, with an irregular colour scheme set by my window manager.

The SA menu does not fit this colour scheme at all, while the grenade is cool. I would rather have the SA menu match the rest of the UI by letting firefox tell it which colours to use, then choose for itself. I'd get a screen shot for you, but I can't seem to do that with a menu open.

I tried editing the grenade background to add transparency but apparently all that does i add white in the transparent area. In the meantime, you should just disable the "Use SA Grenade Background on jump menu" option.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
Just installed Windows 7 and FF 3.5. I read a page or two back to see if there was a working version of SALR, and I see someone saying something about a repository. Where can I find this working version?

If you turn off version checking, SALR works just fine.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Remember that you can add the forums back by visiting the posting gloryhole and clicking around the forum-specific statistics.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

BrutusBeefcake posted:

I've been having the same problem (no forums appearing in the menu), and up until today it was fixing itself by just navigating to a thread. Today however, it isn't fixing itself at all no matter what I do.

Go to the posting gloryhole and click around in the various stats pages until your forums list returns.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
My forums list hasn't gone missing since like March so I don't think YOSPOS is causing the problem.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Polluxx Troy posted:

For some reason I am missing the quote, post, and reply buttons in FF 3.6. Upgrading to the most recent build of SALR didn't fix it. Any ideas?

What happens if you disable or enable quick quote/reply?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

astral posted:

Note that the auto-update won't work

Bullshit! Firefox popped up a window when I started it up just now that told me an update was available for SALR and it just installed!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Liface posted:

Is there a way to sync threads I've posted in between computers? I'd imagine it could be done with Dropbox.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, all thread tracking besides starred threads is handled by the forums these days, and if you post in a thread by default the forums add it to your bookmarked threads.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

RagnarokAngel posted:

I don't know if this has been talked about, sorry if it has, but this appears to be incompatible with 3.6.6. I'm not sure why but I had to reinstall firefox from the ground up due to some issues with it and I can't install this anymore.

It's not actually incompatible, it just doesn't have the compatibility version updated yet.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
SALR doesn't appear to be working in Firefox 4.0 Beta 1. It doesn't show up on the menu bar anymore and tryiong to access the options by clicking the options button inside the new addons menu just freezes the window that had the page open.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

astral posted:

Did you do this yet?

Edit: Technically it will need a maxversion bump for 4.0 too or you can override the compatibility. The next build of SALR will have both of these fixes included.

No, I didn't try that yet because I noticed Greasemonkey also didn't work in 4, so i went back to 3.6.x for the time being.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I'm not sure exactly what start time info the forums use now for Youtube, but you should probably just have SALR's version match that.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I believe you can get the full forums list by going to the posting gloryhole.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sergeant Rock posted:

Any thoughts on how to handle the lack of a menu bar in FF 4? I use the SA menu in SALR all the time, but it seems a shame to have to enable the menu bar to see it.

Possibly shift the SA menu to the new 'add-ons' toolbar at the bottom of the screen?

SALR has a toolbar button:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Hey, can this interface be changed so that SALR changes font color too as well as background colors? It'd be a real help for me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Can the ability to customize text color as well as background for post highlights be added soon as well?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hooah posted:

I know this isn't a SALR issue, but could anyone good with userscripts fix the "Something Awful Open Updated Threads in Tabs" script so it works with FF4? Right now it just opens the top thread. Here's the code:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name          Something Awful Open Updated Threads In Tabs
// @include     [url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.php*[/url]
// @description   Adds a button on the User Control Panel that opens any updated threads into new tabs
// ==/UserScript==

function handleClick(e) {
   // Remove the button
   element = document.getElementById("openall");
   element.parentNode.removeChild(element);

// Open all updated threads in tabs
   var got = document.evaluate('.//*[@class="count"]', document, null, XPathResult.ANY_TYPE, null);
   while (a = got.iterateNext())
     GM_openInTab(a.href);
}

// Add the button
var title = document.evaluate('.//*[@class="title"]', document, null, XPathResult.ANY_TYPE, null).iterateNext();
var dummyDiv = document.createElement('div');
dummyDiv.innerHTML = '<div id="openall" style="float:right;font-size:12px;background:#F7F7F7; padding: 2px;'
  + 'border:1px solid #D5D5D5;color:#555;cursor:pointer;">Open updated threads into new tabs</div>';
title.insertBefore(dummyDiv.firstChild, title.firstChild);
document.getElementById("openall").addEventListener('click', handleClick, false);

I use this:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           Jerkiko's Open New Posts In New Tabs
// @namespace      testing
// @include        http://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

var forum = document.getElementById("forum");
if (forum)
{	
	var button = document.createElement("a");
	button.href = "#";
	button.innerHTML = "Open New Posts in New Tabs";
	button.style.cssFloat = "right";
	button.style.marginRight = "8px";
	button.addEventListener("click", NewPostsInNewTabs, false);

var where = document.evaluate("THEAD/TR/TH[contains(@class,'title')]",
			forum, null, 7, null);
	where = where.snapshotItem(0);
	if (where)
	{
		where.insertBefore(button,where.firstChild);
	}
}

function NewPostsInNewTabs(event)
{
	var eval, node, name;
	event.preventDefault();
	eval = document.evaluate("TBODY/TR/TD/DIV/A[contains(@class,'count')]",
			document.getElementById("forum"), null, 7, null);
	OpenTabLoop(eval);

return;
}

var i =0;
function OpenTabLoop(eval){
	if (i < eval.snapshotLength){
		setTimeout(function(){		
			node = eval.snapshotItem(i);
			name = node.parentNode.nextSibling.nextSibling.childNodes[1].innerHTML;
			i++;
			OpenTabLoop(eval);
			GM_openInTab(node,name);

},(i*3)+250);
	}

}

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Hmm, so any idea on how to get Greasemonkey to obey settings again?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Yeah, fixed-resolution pages suck. If you want it to be x pixels wide, resize your browser window!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Megaspel posted:

Is the old search completely broken forever now? I just get gateway errors and I don't have a lot of faith in speedy search updates, especially for the old superior engine.

You shouldn't have expected your weird maneuvering to get to an intentionally hidden page, to result in a long term working thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Can SALR add something to de-embed WEBM links and just have them show as regular links, and turn off the tweet embedding/make the embeds just show the tweet text? I'm finding these two changes made to the forums today kinda annoying.

• Locked thread