Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I first started reading the Discworld novels about 8 years ago after my cousin showed me the Colour of Magic graphic novel. I've read them in pretty much in published order. I think I like the older and newer writing styles equally. A few points:
- As much as like the new characters, I'd love to know what some of the older ones are getting up to (The witches, Rincewind and the Luggage, Susan...(Yeah I know she was in Thief of Time))
- Did Pratchett even write Monstrous Regiment? Seriously, the only book I haven't fully enjoyed.
- The 'Death Trilogy' (Mort, Reaper Man, Soul Music) don't get nearly as much attention as they should. Mort especially is an amazing book.
- I read Wyrd Sisters before Macbeth, and then couldn't take it seriously, and that was awesome.
- The Tiffany Aching books are better than I thought they'd be
- There's not enough footnotes anymore
- I couldn't decide who my favourite main character was until I realised it was the Patrician when in The Truth, he picks out the spelling mistake in the middle of the block of type, when it was upside down, and backwards, and black-on-black. Its just so awesome.
- Good Omens is also awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU