Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Please tell me that "Making Money" gets better. I just can't seen to get into this one. at about page 55 -60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
pretty much, it feels very contrived, and forced. Just not the same pacing as the other I have read. It jsut really feels awkward.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Agreed. I loved Night Watch, Thud, and going postal. I realize not every book can be great, but I am expecting more out of a Moist book. I was thinking that maybe it was me at first. Like I just wasn;t into reading books. But I know that isn't the case for the whole thing. I know I go threw spurts of reading/not reading, but hey.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Oh, the good old fools guild in 'Man at arms'. I really thought it was a bit overdone, but overdone in a good way, kinda of how you would expect them to be if they were really exorborant(sp?) and making fun of themselves while not making fun(sounds weird I know, but I don't know how to put it otherwise). Men at Arms was a good book too. I had the general jist of the ending done, but not in the way that it turned out, or who it was. I figured it was either a higher up in the fools, or assassins guild, not the head of the guild, the magic of the gun, or the sword in the wall/king thing.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

Vermain posted:

I believe he means more in the sense that the Fool's Guild being unfunny wasn't itself very humorous.

Totally agree.