Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Snow Cone Capone posted:

This, I'll admit, is a bit more concerning, but as far as the "they're the same person" thing, I'm trying to remember, only Coates and Carcer actually knew Keel before he died, right? So that's not a huge thing to deal with, especially since Coates' whole thing is "I know drat well you're not Keel."

Didn't they swap out Vimes with the body when he went back or am I just making that up. Its been years since I last read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The only adaptations I've seen were Going Postal, which I loved, and Colour of Magic/Light Fantastic, which was fine. Though I was never hugely into Rincewind so the differences probably didn't bother me too much.

I think I'll be avoiding this though, The Watch series was always my favourite and everything about this feels off.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Is there any info on when/how this show can be watched in Canada? It's very hard to search for because I just get a bunch of things about how to watch BBC in Canada.

The Watch isn't a very google friendly title...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Now I feel like I really missed out:smith: I was limited to reading what Discworld books were in my school's library and they didn't have many that featured Granny Weatherwax so I didn't really know her much before I read Shepheard's Crown...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Start with whichever one has the most interesting cover then read the rest in a completely random order.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I think the weirdest bit in the first two books is when Death just kills that random guy out of frustration.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I was limited by what my high school library had so I read Monstrous Regiment first Then Maurice and the Tiffany Aching stories since they were listed as for younger readers so I thought I'd get them done first. Then I read Thud and all the other watch books and the few others they had. I think Men at Arms was the last watch book I read since I had to go out and buy it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Yeah he always did a good job at showing who a character was even if they only appeared very briefly, so it was less confusion over someone seeming to have undue importance given to them despite a small part in the book and more you get a nice surprise later on when you read a book that features them more prominently.
Like for me The Truth was one of the later books I read, so getting to see Otto as a full major character was really cool, having already seen little glimpses of him in a few other books

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I liked it fine, but I also liked Snuff and Raising Steam so:shrug:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Cardiac posted:

Indeed. One of my favorites. Brainy Detritus rules.
It is not like any of them are close to being bad, just that they became increasingly generic as that series progressed.

I thought smart Detritus was Men at Arms? When he gets trapped in the freezer with Cuddy? Or am I confused

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

withak posted:

Later on someone makes him a refrigerated helmet so he can be smart outside of freezers.

Oh right I forgot about that! I really need to read these books again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I quite like the Going Postal adaptation for what it is, it's different from the book but still enjoyable. I watched the first part of the Hogfather the other day though and it isn't super great, I think if I hadn't read the book I'd have no idea what was going on at all.

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 9, 2021