Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Bad Moon is awesome. It's like I'm back in pre-ascension days and I'm getting beaten up by Triffids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just got a carnivore button, but I'm leaving for about 9 months in a few days and I'll have no computer so my account will expire. Anyone want it for free now and then want to pay me a bit under the mall price right now (400,000) when I come back? Sell it or keep it, I don't mind what's done with it. I'd sell it though, I'm sure the price is going to drop as more people find them and it's only high because it's new content. I'll also give you my 70 or so oyster eggs and the ~50,000 meat I have right now. I just want to get 400,000 when I come back.

If someone feels up to it I could just give them my password instead of doing this weird delayed trading thing, and let them use up all of my turns every few days making DB drinks for the clan stash.

The last time I played I got up to 3 million meat by farming and selling crimbo content in the mall and I didn't know about the 60 days wipe.

craig588 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 20, 2007

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

craig588 posted:

I'm leaving for about 9 months in a few days and I'll have no computer so my account will expire.
K-mail me in game (BenMears) and I'll send you a Mr. Store item you can hold onto over rollover, which will give your account no-delete status.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

McSharpie posted:

K-mail me in game (BenMears) and I'll send you a Mr. Store item you can hold onto over rollover, which will give your account no-delete status.

His account is craig588

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I haven't been playing for a few weeks, and decided to pop on and futz around. I've never done a basement run, but at level 18, I figured it can't be too bad.

How the gently caress do I not take 500 damage from the elemental tests? I'm up to level 27, and it's already been hard getting up here, but now I don't think I have nearly the resistance I need in equipment to get past this one..

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

glug posted:

I haven't been playing for a few weeks, and decided to pop on and futz around. I've never done a basement run, but at level 18, I figured it can't be too bad.

How the gently caress do I not take 500 damage from the elemental tests? I'm up to level 27, and it's already been hard getting up here, but now I don't think I have nearly the resistance I need in equipment to get past this one..

Orange peel hat, badass leather jacket, titanium umbrella, battered hubcap, plexiglass pinky ring, buffs (astral shell, scarysauce, elemental saucesphere).

Quaff a phial of <element>, but be careful which one you do - the wrong element will just double the damage you take (ie: if you had spooky and cold as the element tests...which one do you want to quaff?)

Additionally, give yourself more hp with blood of the wereseal and other buffs (Smile of Mr. A, candy, rage of the reindeer, shanty of superiority, etc).

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Does anyone know why KoLMafia keeps doing this every time I adventure?

quote:

Executing request... You lose 5 hit points Workout completed. Executing request... You lose 5 hit points Workout completed.

It's pretty much blown the first day of my first time in hardcore :(

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Solution: don't use mafia for anything except mindless farming ever.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Chococat posted:

Solution: don't use mafia for anything except mindless farming ever.

i only use it for the relay and mindless farming because the relay adds handy links without my having to download nine billion greasemonkey scripts.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Well, I use the relay too, but that's not REALLY using mafia. Plus mafia lets me log my kchats. :shobon:

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.
I use a bunch of greasemonkey scripts. KolToolbelt has completely replaced Mafia as my mindless farming tool. The others I use are stuff to auto-setup recipes and spoilers for choice adventures. Simple stuff to make my life easier.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I'm finally giving this game a go.

Pardot fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 20, 2009

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005
I have a Chelonian Morningstar, but all of my Turtle Tamer buffs are grayed out.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Endrite posted:

I have a Chelonian Morningstar, but all of my Turtle Tamer buffs are grayed out.

submit a bug report and relogin

quag dab peg
Jan 11, 2007
querny

Endrite posted:

I had this problem once. I logged out and closed my browser and they worked fine.

Doug Lombardi
Jan 18, 2005

Jokanaan posted:

I had this problem once. I logged out and closed my browser and they worked fine.

Ok, this worked.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never got contacted by the guy who offered to let me hold a Mr. item over rollover, if I don't get one by tonight I'll dump everything I have in the stash because this is my last rollover I'll be here to send the item back.

Edit: The carnivore button's a 0 karma item, I'll just send it to the op and he could make up some contest to let someone win it or whatever.

Edit: Sharpie's the greatest and let me borrow a Mr. item! Thanks so much!

craig588 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 22, 2007

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug
So after spending forever trying to do a bad moon lead in, tolerating 5 turn buffs etc. it still never unlocked. I got a ten leaf clover shoring during the level 9 quest and put it in my closet because I thought disassembling one might count as using one. Other than that, I have no clue what happened. Oh and I had particularly bad luck with the dice game in the lair, but stuck it out (got it after 63 attempts). I was a muscle sign so I didn't accidentally use one after getting a clover from a non-combat or something. Tell me goons, where exactly did I go wrong? I'd like to see some of the new content.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

craig588 posted:

Edit: The carnivore button's a 0 karma item, I'll just send it to the op and he could make up some contest to let someone win it or whatever.

We could use more squid vs robot bitmap drawings for our clan homepage. :cthulhu:

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'll still give it away to the op to do something with, without the clan I wouldn't have the account anyways.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

craig588 posted:

I think I'll still give it away to the op to do something with, without the clan I wouldn't have the account anyways.

No, don't worry about it.

1) Sputnik isn't a goon account
2) You found it, you earned it.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

facilqueso posted:

So after spending forever trying to do a bad moon lead in, tolerating 5 turn buffs etc. it still never unlocked. I got a ten leaf clover shoring during the level 9 quest and put it in my closet because I thought disassembling one might count as using one. Other than that, I have no clue what happened. Oh and I had particularly bad luck with the dice game in the lair, but stuck it out (got it after 63 attempts). I was a muscle sign so I didn't accidentally use one after getting a clover from a non-combat or something. Tell me goons, where exactly did I go wrong? I'd like to see some of the new content.

Was this your first ascension since NS13? It's a known bug. Report it.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sputnik posted:

No, don't worry about it.

1) Sputnik isn't a goon account
2) You found it, you earned it.

Check your account ;) I sent it right after I posted.

If your account isn't sputbot then a random goon has it.

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug

tripwood posted:

Was this your first ascension since NS13? It's a known bug. Report it.

It was my first hardcore ascension since NS13, I did a couple softcore runs before that to get used to the new quests, I'll report it though. Frustrating, sure but I've been playing pretty lazily lately (27 day HC run haha) so it didn't really ruin my plan for a super speedy bad moon ascension or anything. I just wanted to see the new area :smith:

Oppression fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 22, 2007

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Alright, well, craig588 has graciously donated to me the C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. button to do with as I please, and I could do something lame like buying some hell ramen with it to feed our collective maws, but that'd be the cop-out answer, and we all know that. So, a contest!

Since we had robot vs squid bitmaps for our last contest (results can still be seen here), let's change it up a little

It's a Contest!
Due Date: September 1st
Prize: One C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. Button, worth roughly half a million easy squeezy meat at time of posting!
What you need to do:
Draw a picture of a dinosaur fighting IN OUTER SPACE :rock: What he's fighting is up to you. Priority will be given to awesome drawings and MSPaint. Leave your copy of Photoshop CS3 xXx and your $1500 WACOM tablet at home for this one, kids. Less effort = more awesome

Thanks for the donation, craig588

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug
Hes giving his life to save his planet, soundtrack by Aerosmith.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jakeman 2.0
Jul 31, 2007

by Eris Is Goddess
Here's my pathetic attempt at an entry: Space T Rex vs Goonfleet.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Posted on behalf of McSharpie / BenMears:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

swankidelic
Aug 26, 2005

duke of disco
Hey remember in Dinosaur Comics when T-rex developed a fetish for decreasing entropy and someone made him a Youtube video of eggs being unscrambled

that was pretty :coal:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Does a triceratops jumping through a stargate in a tied-off garbage bag to crucify Jick against MIR using a meat crossbow count?

Cyst
Nov 1, 2006

i got ya 1-up right here fella
This was fun to make at the very least...

'http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3640/ohmanpe5.jpg'

Also I'm aware of the whole light reflection on the glass thing.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

They have White Xanadians at the Micromicrobrewery today. Apparently this is a pretty rare thing. The buff you get from them is pretty handy too, around the time that you finish your meatcar.

Edgy
Apr 16, 2003
"Today's my birthday."
Edgypx (1446451)

Just apped in-game.

Wrexsoul
Mar 6, 2002
Applied in game as phdonnelly (1446435)

quag dab peg
Jan 11, 2007
querny

LSTB posted:

They have White Xanadians at the Micromicrobrewery today. Apparently this is a pretty rare thing. The buff you get from them is pretty handy too, around the time that you finish your meatcar.

What does the buff do? The wiki doesn't seem to know.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Applied as Ryouga Inverse. Trying out a turtle tamer this time as my previous character (who was almost to ascension) got deleted :\

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Applied as Evil Scholar (#1447308).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Applied as G0del (#1446499).

• Locked thread