Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Does anyone know why KoLMafia keeps doing this every time I adventure?

quote:

Executing request... You lose 5 hit points Workout completed. Executing request... You lose 5 hit points Workout completed.

It's pretty much blown the first day of my first time in hardcore :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

They have White Xanadians at the Micromicrobrewery today. Apparently this is a pretty rare thing. The buff you get from them is pretty handy too, around the time that you finish your meatcar.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I'm having trouble killing The Man as a HC Disco Bandit. I've done a DB run before, but I was going for the Silver Wossname so it wasn't an issue.

I just can't seem to face stab him to the point where he can't hit me. It's funny, because in my last run my face stabs wouldn't even connect with the NS but I still beat her the first try, and probably took more damage from fumbles than I did from being hit.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

tripwood posted:

If you can't make Reagant potions, grab one of these:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Bottle_of_pirate_juice

You'll have to use the semi rare system.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Semi-Rare_Adventures

It's complicated but 100% foolproof.
I managed to do it with the gauze garters I had collected for my shadow, plus face stabbing whenever I could withstand a hit, plus the PZNR I picked up before ascending.

The fight with the shadow turned out fine too, since I had 11 red pixel potions after making the digital key.

I do have some pirate juice, but I plan on using it to pwn the NS with a moxie secondary class in softcore.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Yay, did the Cyrpt at +11 much sooner than I should have been able to. Thank you, snake.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

The Fez of Etymology, which you smith from a facsimile dictionary, isn't bad headgear for a Moxie class, either. Eventually the Fancy Ball Mask beats it due to it's bonus being derived from your base Moxie, but it can be worth a pull.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

The Midniter posted:

Just out of curiosity, why do people do softcore? Hardcore is so much more challenging and rewarding, and being able to pull items you've acquired prior to your current run seems like cheating to me.

I'm doing my first Sauceror run after about six HC ascensions (two HCO)...I thought Saucerors would suck, but due to Moxie being their secondary stat rather than tertiary (like Pastamancers), it hasn't been so bad.

Next comes Bad Moon Disco Bandit, because I need me some cocktailcrafting.

I don't know why, but making Hell Ramen myself is so rewarding it's ridiculous.
I do both, depending on my mood, and what moon phase is coming next after I beat the NS.

And you get to pull your stainless steel stuff.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Rikkmeister posted:

I recently completed my first ascension (as a Seal Clubber), and moved onto oxygetarian hardcore. Is there a way for me to gain more than 40 adventures / day? Because with 40 / day, this will go slow :(
Untinker your meat car and make a meat maid from it, loot a dead guy's watch, and build a chrome weapon using the seal clubber crafting skill.

The watch and weapon can be equipped before rollover for extra adventures. The maid works automatically

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I can't imagine anyone paying 57k for a guy made of bee pollen, unless there's a person out there that would actually pick Softcore Oxygenarian. Even if that actually happened, I haven't seen any guaranteed drop go for anything near that, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

ugh, I started the war as a HC sauceror without hording olives first :(

eye of newts seem to work passibly, but my motivation's been killed

• Locked thread