Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Been listening to the random loveline stream since last thread. Glad i can finally fast forward commercials. It is kind of funny hearing about poo poo going on in cali 7 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MC_ posted:

As I listen, I record any of the more funny moments on the notes feature on my iphone. These occur maybe once every other episodes, and at this point, I'm only listening to no guest shows. My eventual goal is to compile all of these moments into some sort of best of loveline audio collection, but that's far off.

Adam and Drew have said on the show before the would love to seriously release a best of loveline. If you did this you should contact them about it. The thing stopping them is they don't ever want to do it them selfs.

DrPlump fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 26, 2008

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The mountain was hilarious I didn't realize his show was this funny. Glad loveline isn't the only talk show worth putting on my ipod.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soychemist posted:

Drew Pinsky has some really crazy ideas about the evolutionary origins of alcoholism. He thinks it developed during years of warfare in Scotland because the same gene which makes people drunks also allows them to keep their wits about them on the battlefield. They do best under lots of pressure.

Many genetic disorders started as a benefit for a different situation and time period.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

I have shut down this site today. For a couple of years, I have had sporadic contact with Westwood One about doing something to put this show on a more stable footing. They have mostly ignored me, until recently, when an executive there started making strange and contradictory statements before issuing a nonsensical ultimatum. Adam has often talked about the incompetence of Westwood None and I have now seen it firsthand. As a result, I want nothing to do with them or their show. The only comfort of their incompetence is that they are likely to go bankrupt within a year or so and hopefully whoever buys up these Loveline shows at that time will realize what a treasure they have on their hands.

To all those who have enjoyed the great shows on this site, it has been a great pleasure for me to provide an easier way to get them. I believe this is the greatest radio show ever recorded, which isn't saying much considering radio is so abysmal but Loveline can hold its own against the best of other mediums as well. It's just too bad that this show happens to be owned by people that are so clueless.

To all donors, I will do an accounting of all the money spent over the last 4+ years and return all donations minus the percentage that has been spent, sometime over the coming months. Thank you for supporting this site over the years.
From the cryptic message on the site I get two things:
1. Westwood none is to blame.
2. They are getting stuff taken down but not releasing any of it.

• Locked thread