Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Do I see another audio book on the horizon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Ok, If I can find a female voice actress, then we'll get this going.

also other males are a plus.

I'll definitely read the narrator.

1 chapter at a time until I'm bored with it. Hows about that?

EDIT: here is what I sound like in case you missed the other threads:

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 28, 2007

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
I'll try to do this this evening after 5, See ya'll.

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
OK folks is there a woman in the house that wants to play melanie?
we need somebody right now because I'm editing chapter 1

Megajesus posted:

Some ideas:

There should be a musical introduction to each chapter of the audio, something like "Scarborough Fair" by Simon and Garfunkel.

I like this idea

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 28, 2007

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
ok I have two other males and Melanie from a few posts up, she has the part because she is a pro.

due to schedules, we should have chapter 1 up by morning. or tonight, we'll see

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
more to "come" <--- GET IT HAH! take that subtlety

Melanie is played by blinkeve1826

I recently lost my entire sound effect collection, so if any of you have good outside/city sound effects I would appreciate it.

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 29, 2007

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug

hedonista posted:

And ChaosTheory I'm sorry to nudge your ego even more, but that was amazing! The... orgasmic screams.

I had no idea she was going to record that, made me go "wtf dis awesum lol" when I heard it.

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Hey folks, I was in the middle of editing myself for chapter 2, and then it hit me.

I really need to stop using copywrited material for stuff I post on tindeck like this.

I hate to do this, but I want to keep making stuff for the forums and not have lawsuits. I mean, some of my stuff from before used Beethoven and nobody should care about that, bit using stuff when the original artist is still alive is kinda edgy.

So I'm going to make my own music from now on.

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 30, 2007

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
I redid chapter 1 to fix some of my own editing mistakes, and to replace Branford Marsalis with Hokey band-in-a-box music. I left Simon and Garfunkle in because It was such a small clip.

I also decided to go with Melanie's sillier voice because later on it will be worth it.

blinkeve1826 = Melanie [doing her other voice]

Khan = Mr. Feely

First "come" <-look I did it again!> First serve on the voices...
AIM me: cornettheory :if you seriously want to contribute and you have decent equipment, I'll turn you down if it is too noisy or something.

so far claims are:

boat = doctor

DrBagpipes = Tom

There won't be any new ones until the weekend because of my hectic school schedule. That should give all you contributing folks some time to work on it and such.. been one hell of a weekend guys Hope you had as much fun as I did.

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 1, 2007

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
So I leave the internet alone for a week n' a half and already the audio book project is divided up among 20 people or so. Sorry folks, I had midterms and weekends where I have to drive long distances [including next weekend] I am still interested in doing this, and I already have Melanie's recordings up to chapter 9.

I'm not unwilling to do this, hell it was my idea in the first place. and my only reward is your friend's bewildered reaction as they listen to this in your car. It takes me a couple hours to record and edit this stuff for each chapter so please understand that setting that kind of time for free is not quite as important as my schoolwork or sleep. If you guys want to do this on your own or something let me know and I'll take a break. Thanks for enjoying the stuff we have come up with and I'll get to the rest when I can.

If you signed up to send me voices of certain characters please send me your stuff, my E-mail is cornettheory@gmail.com

boat, your page does not work, e-mail the files instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug

Buml0r posted:

Digest aurally.

I like that