Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

In case you missed it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2646177

You're all a bunch of loving faggots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

destructo posted:

poo poo Savington, are those the 15x8 6UL's from Emilio? How have they been working for you?

Yeah they are.
I'm curious, what finish is that? They don't have the silver lip of the black finish wheels but they look too dark to be Nickel. Also, what offset are they?

Ize fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 11, 2007

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

They are +40 Nickels. The finish changes depending on the light; I can make them look near-chrome or practically gunmetal. The finish is a high-gloss silver that's hand-sprayed with a VERY fine layer of gloss black to produce the smoky look. I was on the fence when I ordered them between silver (not blingy enough) and black (too blingy), and when I saw that finish I fell in love. :swoon:

Ah, OK. Any idea when they're gonna do another run of the +40's? Also, what tires are those; RS2's? How are they?

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

Never. The +36 he produced alongside it is useable in more applications, so for the second run recently and the third run in January he's only producing a +36. The January run will also feature the first 15x7 6ULs, both +27 offsets, in either 13.1lbs for Spec Miata use or 11.4lbs for other use.

Are there fitment issues with the +36? The site seems to say there may be. Sorry for the 21 questions.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

Not with the type of camber you should be running with 15x8s, usually between 1.5 and 2 degrees. I actually wish I had +36s; it would let me run some more camber in the front (I want to run 2.7/2.4).

Thanks for the answers. I'm planning on snagging a set the day I actually take possession of a Miata(gonna be a while). Can I hit you up on AIM when that happens? I've got some other questions and I don't want to clutter up the thread.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Phone posted:

e- Which is the best rollbar that will fit under a hardtop?

Probably this: http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5652&parentid=0&stocknumber=20-28020

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Vitamin J posted:

...next Spring I'm gonna try the Toyo Proxes 4.

They're good street tires but I wouldn't recommend tracking them. I got the ones on my old Civic greasy doing..uh.."touring" laps around VIR.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

destructo posted:

poo poo guys, Bell just put out a kit to rival the cheap Greddy one link.

Looks like ~5/6psi with quality parts for ~$1700, which is a drat good deal, not to mention it's easily upgradeable. I know what I'm doing come ~July this summer :coal:.

Well I know what I'm gonna be saving for once I actually have a Miata. I was thinking of a direct port setup cause it would be relatively cheap but not anymore. Anyone know what kind of whp that kit should be capable of?

Edit: Nevermind on the horsepower question, had my question answered in another thread. Looks like you'll need to spend a bit more than $1800 if you really want to get serious.

Edit 2: what kind of whp *typically* nets high 13's in the quarter? A bit over 200? I know Miatas aren't drag cars but I will be able to hit the strip more often than the local autocrosses and VIR.

Ize fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 9, 2007

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

...Figure around $4k in parts to get there. (BEGi-S, intercooler, MSPNP, injectors, LC-1, BOV, 2.5" exhaust, ACT HD clutch, aluminum radiator) Sounds like a lot...

Actually that doesn't sound so bad. It's funny 'cause that big pile of parts is going to wind up hanging around my house as I buy them one at a time waiting to install them all in one go.

vv Good point.

Ize fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 9, 2007

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

How hard are R-package lips to come by? I think they really, really help the looks of the car.

vv Sweet, that's gonna be my first or second purchase.

Ize fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 12, 2007

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

destructo posted:

What kind of wheels are on this one? I've pretty much made up my mind to get some 6UL's when I snag a Miata but I'm curious.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Ize posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAn-HdpGC-0&feature=related

:wtf: In the comments section they give the specs on the car and talk about hitting 13.9 with the ITB's, AEM Stand alone, a 99 head swap, DOT tires, and full weight. That's not possible is it? I mean you can run a low boost forced induction setup(6-8psi) and never break out of the 14's even with good driving right?

Cross posting from another thread because I wanna see of I can get an explanation.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

I've seen the oem lip spoilers online for $150 but I'll be hosed if I can find the site now.

Edit: Here we go, http://www.mazdaparts.org/mamifrairdam.html

What the gently caress is going on this post was on the other page a minute ago, how did it move? Now it looks like leica went into the future and quoted me :psyduck:

Ize fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 18, 2008

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

destructo posted:

Well guys, I got some things for my 6UL's to wear in the mail today.. the rental office was annoyed enough to call me the moment they came in to pick them up :coal:

When I, y'know, get enough money to actually buy a Miata(college student) I'm going to be using the exact same wheels and tires.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Question for Savington:
I already asked you this somewhere and you reponded but I didn't save the link but where did you get your suspension bits?(koni's, eibach's, and gc sleeves) Also are those sleeves necessary or would it be possible to just run those struts and springs? God that is one stupid question.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

You want the sleeves so you can use the springs, but they make springs that don't need sleeves too.

But do they make 750/450 springs that don't need sleeves? Or is that just the street springs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Savington posted:

You do realize that only a racing shock (aka Koni 28/30s, Koni Race, Penske, etc.) will handle those rates, right? Not even a Tein Flex will do my rates.

That's the idea. :haw: The car(when I have the money on hand to buy one) will be spending as much time as I can afford at VIR.

and I meant 700 not 750.

vv fyi outside of the engine bay I'm probably gonna be cloning your car.

Ize fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 17, 2008