Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

2019 GT-S and my fourth Miata. New car payments suck but I loving love this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Haven't driven a soft top ND so I dunno. It's certainly quieter than my previous NA!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Polymetal should look super cool on the Miata but dammit Mazda just offer all the colors.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

RF owner here and I love it. The buttresses do block your over the shoulder view compared to a soft top when down but with properly adjusted mirrors it’s not a problem (blind spot monitoring is nice to have too). I know some people say it’s a compromised experience or whatever but I owned three soft top Miatas previously and this is easily my favorite.

Not sure there are any roll bars that fit the RF though. Could be a deciding factor if you’re wanting to track it.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 3, 2019

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Personally I’m just not operating the top enough for it to be an annoyance. I generally put it down before I start driving, and leave it down the whole time unless it starts raining hard. There’s also usually enough time to put it up/down at a stoplight.

You can get a module that allows it to operate while moving at low speeds (and with one press of the button instead of having to hold it) but I haven’t bothered.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Ok that clears up a lot. I guess I can live without the BBS wheels, tupperware and red calipers :v:

Also what's an "auburn style" LSD never heard of that

[e] Not really a fan of leather seats, but the Grand Touring's interior looks pretty awesome in tan, wow.

You can get the Bilsteins and LSD on a GT with the GT-S package too.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Threw mine into this and it doesn't show the GT-S option. Visually I think you could just check for the yellow Bilsteins.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Nope, I searched for a few things ("Bilstein", "brace", "differential", etc) but didn't find anything. That stuff is all listed on the window sticker but this doesn't have it for some reason. Everything else is correct though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So it has a strut tower brace as well? is that what brace means? If so I could tell at least by any under hood shots online. Or just ask a seller to take a pic under the hood.

Yeah, the stock one looks like this:

And the Bilsteins:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I actually have a 91 too, it needs some body work but runs fine and has coilovers and a rollbar from the previous owner so it could make a fun track car but I can't decide if I want to keep it or sell it to buy upgrades for the ND.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Drove my Miata on a frozen lake today and it was very fun. I gotta wait for someone to post pics of cars out on the course but here’s a shot between runs with a bonus NA finishing in the background.

A+ would slide again

Eyud fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 20, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

God that Montego NA/FD combo is so good, I'd never sell either.

E: I say buy the NA and put a tan top on it.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 16, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Viperix posted:

Well, just picked this up Monday:

First Miata, first sports car, first manual, so here goes nothing.

Hell yeah, congrats

The ND is such a fantastic car, you're gonna love it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

People who say Miatas aren't practical simply aren't creative enough.

Hope to see you on a club drive in the future!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Peak to Peak Miata Club (the mailing list is still more active than the web site which is in the process of being updated)

No membership required to join a drive though, anyone is welcome to just show up.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I went on a handful of drives last year and had a good time, the members are mostly older but everyone I've met has been nice and it's just always fun to cruise around the mountains with a bunch of other Miatas.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Would be happy to. Once you're settled in hit me up and we'll go drive around in the mountains.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 30, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Silver, it matches the wheels and roll hoops and looks especially nice with the red seats. All black is boring.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah I’d get that checked out under warranty. I suppose it’s subjective but I don’t feel like the infotainment in my ND is particularly slow or unresponsive, and it’s definitely never rebooted while driving.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Who here DDs their Miata year round?

I do! I put snow tires on for the winter and as long as the snow doesn't get too deep it does great.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Black RFs look good as hell, congrats in advance

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I've been driving a stupid rental Challenger for the past couple weeks and it's so nice to be back in my car, especially since I got my snow tires on and it snowed a bit last night :getin:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I recently got this mount that goes in the cup holder socket:

https://www.cravenspeed.com/gemini-device-mount-for-nd-miata-2016-2021-flex/

I wish the neck was a little longer so I could have the phone closer without being in the way of the handbrake but it’s fine, and being magnetic is really nice. The MagSafe version holds an Apple charger so it can charge the phone without plugging it in too.

Also have the CS door bushings and I like them.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I, too, have a Nissan while my ND is in the shop because some dingus in a truck didn’t see it parked next to them

I hate driving normal cars

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

SCCA allows motorcycle helmets for autocross, I dunno about track events

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

As an ND owner, I wave at every Miata every time.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

There’s a refresh coming next year, so the next generation is still at least a few years away.

Nothing official yet but this is the latest rumor, hot off some guy on miata.net who claims the info comes from Mazda dealers in Japan (so NA trims/packages will be different etc):

quote:

Improvements to the new model (Japan)
• New grade S Leather Package V selection added (beige hood) ← Body color other than Zircon
• Grade system changed ← Top S Leather Package White discontinued Brown top discontinued 990S discontinued RF VS Terracotta White selection discontinued Black leather discontinued
• Manufacturer set options System change (Touring package new setting) ← Radar cruise, full segment, seat heater added to safety package
• Some specification changes ← CDDVD abolished ・Change from USB type A to type C
• New LSD (name to be determined)
• DSC-TRACK mode added
• Improved steering feel ← All models
• Improved direct feel and response (technology installed in 990S) ← MT cars
• Improved engine output from 132PS to 136 PS ← Top all models
• Improved engine sound ← Structural changes to induction sound enhancer RS ​​grade Only
・Headlamp/rear lamp design changed ← Dimming turn signal not adopted
・Wheel design changed ← Rice-like design RF's 17 inch is machined・
New seat color ← Sports tan RF Leather Black abolished
・Color changed ← Platinum Quartz abolished Aero Gray Additions
• New seats added (Cross + Regane) ← Non-leather
• Center console skin wrapping added ← Changed from just the lid to the side parts Only for cars with leather seats
• Frameless room mirror adopted ← Same as CX30
• Changed meter design ← Dial/pointers
• Adoption of new generation Mazda Connect on all grades (from 7 inches to 8.8 inches) ← Horizontal screen extends to driver's seat • Adoption
of connected services ← SOS button, etc.
• Addition of radar cruise control
•Standard equipment of Burglar alarm←Compatible with connected monitoring plan
•Evolution of safety equipment←Addition of exit assist function to blind spot monitoring, etc.

There have been some spy shots showing the slightly revised lights/bumpers but the rest seems plausible enough.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

ND3 announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I got some Puma Speedcats for longer drives and autocross, I like em