Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Anyone know if the cost of ownership of a Fiata is noticeably higher than that of a Miata ND?

Looking at getting a used 2016-18 model of either the Fiat 124 Spider Lusso or the Mazda MX-5 soft-top GT in automatic. My wife and I will probably swap DDing the car but that's only about 5-7k miles per year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Deteriorata posted:

I've owned one for two years and it has cost me nothing, beyond oil and gas. It's been a terrific car.

Edit:

I guess I can add a bit to that. I know of one problem that is reasonably common. The thermostat is a Mazda unit and sometimes has trouble talking to the FIAT ECU. This results in it maintaining too low of an engine temperature which sets a CEL. The fix is replacing the thermostat and/or reflashing the ECU. It's handled under warranty, so it's not costing anyone anything. I have not had that problem, myself.

Other poo poo I see people complaining about are mostly due to the mods they're making screwing up sensor data and that's their own drat fault.

Thanks for your advice. Which trim did you get?

Just bought a 2017 Fiata Lusso. My wife fell in love with the limited edition (supposedly only 124 sold in the US) blue exterior. The low end turbo lag was noticeable when I first drove it, but now just too busy having fun to care.

E: photo

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 14, 2019

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

SpartanIvy posted:

As I understand it, rf is quieter with the roof up, and soft top is quieter with the roof down.

(I bought the soft top)

That’s my assessment too, having test driven both flavors (before buying a Fiat 124)

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Which tune and minor upgrades do you like?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Yeah if I was street parking this in a city with crime I’d get a hardtop

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
You already have a bmw with creature comforts. Why would you want another heavy luxury car? Weekend impractical fun car is obviously a Miata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
If you don’t like the answer they’re giving you, take it to another dealership.