Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I think we need to beg/wait for Fleetwood 75 to do a write-up on the Miata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Previa_fun posted:

These cars look great with a hard top. I should start saving my pennies...

Also:

(it's a 'shop but not too bad looking imo)

This is a real one here- made by a company called Autokonexion. Not sure if I like the trunk opening and the duckbill spoiler, but if the trunk actually can open I wouldn't complain.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rhyno posted:

There's an NC version but not available for sale yet

Oh drat. Now I want an NC.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

puberty worked me over posted:

apparently this car in the pictures below has a dealer installed ~~~*GROUND FX*~~~ kit how hard is it to remove?

Oh and is there a market for riceronis who want it

I have a similar issue with one I'm looking at. Subtlety is an unrecognized artform I guess.

By the way, what should I look for when I go to take a look at a miata? I've also never driven a manual car before, but I've been riding a motorcycle for about two years. How hard is it to learn a manual transmission in one of these?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Phone posted:

I was being facetious, plastidip is a colossal pain in the rear end even if you do everything right.

If I were to want to change the color or get everything the same color, I’d probably go with vinyl wrap and not particularly care what it looked like underneath.

I've used plasti dip more than I want to admit, and yeah, on a smaller project it's fine, like a motorcycle or something similar. On a car it's a lot more hassle than it's worth and it doesn't last as long as a semi-decent paintjob, and peeling it is a massive pain in the rear end- you'll never get it all off, overspray in the door wells sucks big-time, it's just not worth it in my opinion. I would do the vinyl wrap as well.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I'm currently deliberating this, wanted someone else's opinion.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/ct...7114466783.html

My problems with it are the front bumper gap to the hood seems a bit larger than it should (didn't wiggle or move under hand pressure, but I don't know if it's sagging or if I'm just not familiar with it), the shifter feels wobbly (from what I've read it's worn out bushings, shouldn't be too hard to fix but still, first impression wasn't very favorable) and the stereo doesn't work. The top seems secure at speed, no tears and he said no leaks, the interior is worn, but not excessively so for its age. Yes I know automatic is usually the wrong way to go with miatas, but bum knee so manual isn't really that viable.

Is there anything else I need to check, or bargain over? I'm leaning towards walking away from it and waiting for one in better condition.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Well, that makes that easier. The hunt continues.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

It was a 2000 Miata, someone else bought it so it's a bit moot. I haven't tested a manual one yet, I'll give it a shot when one pops up. My knee isn't that fragile, I'm just going off of my experience with older (lovely) cars that didn't agree with me. Thanks all.

E: comedy alternative I think about every now and then, but forget anyways. MR2 Spyder with their funky autoclutch sequential transmission.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 1, 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Oh drat, I think I saw that car recently too (or at least another black NA). Guess I need to re-open my facebook account.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 1, 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Coredump posted:

What years are you interested in? I saw a decent NC with an Auto as well.

I always preferred the NB's styling, but I'm open to the NA and NC as well. Price is a bigger sticking point, I was wanting to keep it below 5 grand or so.

E:vvv I'm 5'8, not too worried about height. Width might be trickier in an NA though, I'm well insulated. The NB I test drove was cozy but not claustrophobic. And yeah, I imagine the 1.6 with the auto would be slow as hell.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 1, 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

drat good choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

captainOrbital posted:

Maybe he's trying to hit on the lady bc she slammed into the car and got stuck; she's wondering who the hell would park their car right at the bottom of the slope and he's more than happy to answer all her questions.

Unrelated: have Miata prices been crazy high lately? I'm about to be in the market and everything with three pedals and under 150k miles seems to be over $5k.

Same here, even autos in lovely condition are selling within an hour of getting posted on craigslist.