Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Nevermind

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

DogCop posted:

That's $1000 more than I paid for my similar condition 97 without a hard top. If you can verify it's actually free of rust it seems like a pretty fair price.

Thanks!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Looking at a maita again. Found this one with body damage

Its a 1996 miata. Guy wants $1800 for it. Says he rubbed against a post one night and just never repaired it. New top, recent tires. He says no other rust (but im gonna check rear rockers and trunk). $159k miles.

Only damage is the front part of the door and the fender. I dont mind bolt on body panels as I could do that myself. Looks like I can junkyard a door and front fender pretty cheap.

Says everything else is solid, electric windows and locks all work, ac even works. Interior seats are cracking

The only other thing he said is since the accident there is a battery drain and the car would need to be jumped. Any idea what that could be? Is it just a matter of tracking down a short and fixing it?

Is there anything behind that panel that I should be concerned with since I wouldn't be able to pull it off till i bought the car. Brand new to these cars so do not know much about them except they seem pretty simple. Was thinking of offering $1500

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Phone posted:

I don't think there's any wiring in the fender, so I'd take a good look at the door harness.

Thanks, was wondering about that. Regardless patching some wires isn't a big deal. Local salvage has a front fender and door in the correct color also it looks like.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I checked it out, It was garbage inside and out lol. No wonder there are no interior photos.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

If you are near Western PA you can buy mine. Interior was redone with new seats etc. New clutch, front calipers all 4 rotors and pads, battery, soft top, tires (generic eBay lol) stainless header back, all new fluids etc...

Not even close, sorry

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Finally got one. It's a red 1994 a package with 110k miles and zero rust. Literally zero rust. Always garaged, new timing belt, battery, clutch, soft top, and tires. Even has factory tape player.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Yay, my red miata passed smog. 1ppm HC and 0.00% co. Its idle but still. I was able to register it.

Need to replace the lower shift boot and find some trim the people cut for the style bar. Also does anyone know the PN for the factory radio, the one i have is flakey. Or what oem ford/mazda radios are plug and play.

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 30, 2018

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Farking Bastage posted:

I hope you fine folk aren't too hostile towards those little turbo'ed mutants with the Italian bodywork. I bought one yesterday.

Found a dealership that had 20 of them, including 12 abarths. Hit them up on the last day of July and got this one fully optioned for 29k

If you pull the fiat logo off (the steering wheel) i wonder if the mazda one is still there.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

As OEM as im trying to stay on my car. The halogen headlights were not doing it for me. These are the trucklite 27270c

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

rhombus posted:

That looks pretty good! How are they while driving?

Edit - Expensive!
https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-27270C-Headlamp/dp/B007K8AA7I

They are excellent when driving, like having a modern vehicle.

Got mine used on ebay for $175 for the pair.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I have a full set of new oem mazda shocks im gonna install on my NA. What bump stops should i buy? This is a daily driving totally stock never racing car.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Removing the heater hoses makes removing the cas so much easier. Luckilly they needed replacement anyway. O ring on the cas was rock hard.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Got a cruise control switch and rewired my clutch switch to it. Have to hold cruise on to start the car instead of clutch. Should prevent 98.33% (repeating of course) of thefts.

Just get a cruise switch. Find the two pins that connect when you hit on and wire them to some spades and stick them into the cruise switch connector. Car just looks like it has factory cruise.

Maybe I shouldn't tell anyone lol

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 25, 2018

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Got a krikit gauge. Both accessory belts are way under tensioned. Hopefully fixing it fixes some noises I have.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Finally cured my over 5k rpm metallic noise. loving factory exhaust. Put a OEM replacement on and noise is all gone.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Deka gold agm. Make sure you get an agm battery.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

um excuse me posted:

Changed the brakes on the NA with Brembo blank rotors and Stoptech street pads. The rear pads or rotors were too large. I had to remove .010" from each pad before it would fit. The pads measured .505" total thickness before I cut them back.

Interesting, Did you make sure the rear top caliper pin was screwed in all the way? If its barely threaded out of the carrier it could cause that.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you drive on the interstate

buy these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM6Q9XW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nocheez posted:

Oh man, I have a pair I use for concerts and stuff and never thought to use them when I had my Miata.

Get a pair of these and take care of them.

Its pretty great. Can still hear everything around me just attenuated. The radio is so much nicer to listen too as well.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

um excuse me posted:

I really wish I had learned about these a day earlier. I'm going on a driving vacation to Blue Ridge which is 8 hours from my location on Friday. Is anyone aware of a store I could buy these from?

Check musician stores like guitarcenter.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

64bit_Dophins posted:

I was about to buy an NA Miata from my friend but he decided at the last second that he didn't want to sell it after agreeing on a price.

I'm very annoyed because I was super excited to buy it :(

Guess I'm going to have to wait a little while longer before I'm able to join the club.

There are 999,999 more to choose from

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Hardtops seem to run $700-$1200 with the occasional cheaper for really bad condition. Someone on reddit posted an entire na /w hardtop for $500 in missouri.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

RPF1 club!

Guy at discount tire looked amazed when he picked them up.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Tire selection isn't a huge concern to me and I like the look on stock suspension.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Ohh wow, yea these are only $160 each, shipped.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

djfooboo posted:

Sup 14" bro?

I settled on 195/60R14 Azenis RT615K+

I love the look of a meaty tire even if the performance is lower due to less tire choices. I lost just under 35lbs of unsprung weight off previous setup if I remember correctly.

I wish the gold came in 28mm offset. I had a company ready to place an order till I found out they were 19mm only.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

OE Clone mudflap review

fit perfect!

Reuse factory hardware in the front though.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I paid $4 for ceramic pads off amazon

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ethanol posted:

Well, for the first time ever, a shop declined to put on my blizzak 205/55/16 because they are 3.4% larger than spec. Surely it’s safer putting the customer back into the snow for two weeks on shot summer tires while he rebooks with another shop

It's an insurance thing.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Also the easiest way to reset your ebrake after is pull ebrake to 6 clicks then tighten the caliper hex bolt till the wheels stop turning..

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Wife got me front and rear r package clone lips for christmas. Finally got them fully installed. Hardest part was cutting the mud flaps to fit the rear lip.

Luckily my rear bumper still had the markings for where to drill. Front did not so had to measure and mark.

Binder clips come in handy for this job.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

FatCow posted:

Just get the rotors off Amazon. They will be cheaper and you won't have to gently caress around with warehouse roulette on RA. Basic Centric rotors are all you need. I put the same ones on my race car.

For pads, whatever your local parts store has for ceramics. I just put Wagner ThermoQuiets on the wife's Forester and they seem fine enough.

Sometimes amazon warehouse has raybestos ceramic pads for $5 a set. Where i got mine.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

BloodBag posted:

I have a snugtop hard top that I just don't use and it's taking up precious garage space. Seeing as it's not the OEM one, would I still be justified asking $1000 for it? I was thinking of starting at $1100 and taking $850. It's in good shape and the paint looks good, but it's merlot mica, so the market can't be that big for it.

You cant ask for more after you ask for less. So ask for $1100 and see if you get bites.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Found a busted bolster when doing heated seats and foamectomy. My totally professional bolster repair.

Stuff cushion foam into any completely empty spots. coat the whole thing inside and out with 3m 77 adhesive.

Stretch an old tshirt over it with adhesive to keep it together.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Engine mount replacement.... done

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Phone posted:

What did you replace them with? OE? Mazdaspeed?

Mazda OEM Competition mounts. Even with the comp mounts it is so much smoother than the broken oem mounts. About 3 and a half hours to do by myself

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 4, 2019

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Miata parts going back into production

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/new...fLvh5vkF-z8t12U

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

My 94 Airbag computer

F

Hopefully my buddy can recap and clean it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Suburban Dad posted:

Hah, isn't 94 a special snow flake year for those too? I had an airbag light on mine and remember not being able to find one for < $150 or so. But I guess having an airbag is nice in a crash.

94 is a special snowflake miata year for those but the same computer is used in a dozen or more fords of the time period.

Found this place

http://www.airbagsystems.com/

That will refurbish it for $50 including shipping both ways so doing that.