Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwift.CC
May 8, 2003

Guess?
What is the general consensus on the NC Miatas? I might be in need of a new car in a few months, but I really want to stick with buying cars brand new.

Also, why hasn't the ultimate miata-fag....err...fan Krakkles posted in this thread yet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwift.CC
May 8, 2003

Guess?

TooLShack posted:

Sure you can, but I think you are being a bit silly. With cars getting heavier and heavier a addition of around 200 pounds is not that bad. After I lost my 2000 SE to a wreck I decided to get a NC because of the side air bags. My NC feels a lot faster than my NB and I really like how the top works. The suspension is a bit softer but I only have the touring edition so it does have the sports suspension pack on it. I think the NC is a great car and is respectful to the Miata line.

Wow, side airbags? I think I might be sold on the NC. Does the headunit come with an AUX input?

Edit: Oh god, a 2008 MX-5 Touring with Suspension package is WELL within my budget....

TheSwift.CC fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 11, 2007

TheSwift.CC
May 8, 2003

Guess?

Psylocibe posted:

It was an NA, forgot the year, and even with the seat adjusted as best I could, there wasn't even remotely close to the right amount of room for me. I was wrapped around the steering wheel and column. No problem, eh, I figured I would keep in mind the foam thing everyone kept talking about. Except for the fact I had enough head room. I simply wore the steering wheel. And the door panels. And the center console.

A majority of your criticism comes from the way YOU fit in the car. Honestly, were you expecting to have a wonderful time when you were sitting like you were driving a Power Wheels?

How big are you? Usually people who fit that badly into a car (or anything for that matter) usually can eyeball it and say, "I don't fit".

usually.