Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

vex posted:

I love how there's a pack of Miata driving faggots in that thread trying to defend the car. Do you morons not understand the internet?

NO SIR YOU ARE THE MORON. Do you, moron, not understand helldump?

Moritastic posted:

While the NA is what made me want a Miata so many years ago, it just seems a bit outdated looking to me now. I like the NB's looks and the NC has really grown on me, especially the interior which seems more sophisticated than the earlier models.

Is there much of a difference between the three generations as far as being a daily driver?

Can I call the NC a bloated, hideous piece of poo poo that's got nothing to do with what the NA/NB are about without getting banned in here? Hey guys let's add weight and slap our disgusting parts bin fender flares on it, loving brilliant. Even the NBs were trying way too hard to look like a radical xtreme mini rx-7, but at least they perform. Buying an NC because it doesn't look "dated" is asinine. I'm going to go ahead and recommend you buy the automatic if you're going to buy an NC because it looks nice and has a pretty interior.

Binger Banger fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

Schwack posted:

So as long as the car has power steering and power mirrors it should come with the Torsen?

Stop repeating this, it isn't true.

It might've been true in '94, but you people really need to start mentioning that the touring package in '97 didn't come with a Torsen either. Some poor kid is going to buy a '97 without looking under the back and find out later that he somehow bought one of the six touring package miatas in Texas. Like me.

Binger Banger fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 13, 2007

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

Guinness posted:

Which is why I said it was true in 94, specifically. Otherwise, look at the big NA options chart on Miata.net that I linked to a few posts up.

I know, I'm just bitter as hell about that. Why would it make any sense for a "touring package" to not have an uprated differential on it? Mazda is loving us again.

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

grover posted:

twelve page dissertation comparing a miata to a porsche to a v6 camaro

Why are you looking at a Miata, again? What do you want out of your car other than AI cred ++? It seems like somebody looking for an automatic transmission and the INCREDIBLE POWER OF THE CAMARO V6 with a 'vert would be more in the market for a mustang or a sebring something, not a miata.

edit: People have cupholders in their miatas?

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl

grover posted:

Because I happen to like the NC Miata, am excited about purchasing my next car, and am getting a lot of excellent feedback regarding my options? I'll be spending 2 hours a day in this car for the next 5+ years, so I want to buy the right car.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that it's an NC; it's that you've mentioned both a Porsche and a Camaro and a Miata seems like it's going to leave you unsatisfied in some department if you're comparing it to either of those. I mean, really, these are slow cars we're talking about. They get even slower with an automatic. I won't knock on automatics, but a Miata is not the car to get if you need one. You're going to be frustrated and wondering why your car is such a pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binger Banger
Oct 28, 2003

by Fistgrrl
Anyone got a spare set of wheels in the Austin area? I ran over a curb in the loving fog this morning and I need to rent/buy/borrow some wheels for a week or so, until I can find a set online somewhere. <3 I'll put a deposit down on them if you're worried about getting your wheels back.