Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I like the lower half of that black one's bumper. Why couldn't they just leave it with that part.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 2, 2004

Or put a plug over the hole and just wire in an aux input if you never use radio.

Oct 2, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Are there any instructions available on wiring in an aux-in to the standard radio?

There definitely is. Ask Ziploc about it. I know for sure he's done it.

Oct 2, 2004

Well at least you didn't do it with your oil cap and spray oil all over your hood and engine. :downs:

Edit: Twice. Two oil changes in a row. :downs::downs:

Oct 2, 2004

His taillights are now the circle(brakelights) instead of the center rectangles.

Did you make the centers the brakelights?

Oct 2, 2004

The fake side vent ruins it 100%.

Oct 2, 2004

Russian Bear posted:

Is there any non ugly way to mount a front licence plate? The frankenbracket the PO had on was scratching the poo poo out of the front bumper and was mounted by 2 wildly different bolts that were rusted and bent. Got pulled over twice recently for not having a front plate, just warnings though.

You can easily make a bracket that bolts onto the tie-down hooks out of cheap flat bar. Two bolts with large washers work great for holding it onto the hook.

Oct 2, 2004

Unless you are really looking for all you can get out of your car, it's not that big of a deal.

Oct 2, 2004

I was going to guess some sort of extended fuel tank, but not that.

Oct 2, 2004

You could at the very least rattle can it a similar blue instead of black. If you take your time, scuff up the old paint and put down a few layers of new paint it won't be too bad. Just remember spray paint works best in light coats, and many of them.

If I was doing it, I'd sand the old paint down, give it a few good layers of primer in white, and then a few more layers of a close-enough blue I could find at the hardware store.

Since it's the front bumper cover, I'd recommend some sort of clearcoat over it to harden it up as much as you can. It's going to see hell, and spray paint is not the most durable. I'd let the coats harden to the times it says on the can.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 2, 2013

Oct 2, 2004

leica posted:

KBB/NADA doesn't mean squat when pricing Miatas. When I sold my 95M KKB said it was worth 5k and I sold it for twice that, shows how much they know.

I would pay 4.5k for that black Miata because of the condition, low miles and aftermarket parts. Somebody probably will pay 5k or close to it.

It will get the 5k for sure. Easily.

Oct 2, 2004

iv46vi posted:

Spacious interior:

Link

That would be ridiculous to drive.

Oct 2, 2004

jcutner posted:

I wish I could find a good condition, decent priced NA Miata in Toronto :( woe is me, I'll never own one

They aren't impossible to find outside of TO. It's also a bad idea this time of the year.

Oct 2, 2004

Yeah, late fall through winter is good. Nobody buys a RWD convertible in those months, and people want to get them gone.

Oct 2, 2004

I bought mine late October, and it was the first time I'd ever driven a manual. My brother and I proceeded to drive it 6-7 hours home through a snowstorm with balding summer tires and no heat/defroster. It was a lot of fun and I don't regret it for a moment.

Oct 2, 2004

It's not hard to install a spoiler, just measure like 10 times to make sure you didn't muck up the placement. It really is just drilling holes. Just make sure those holes are in the right spot.

Make sure to get some paint on the bare metal after drilling or you'll get rust in there.

Oct 2, 2004

I think a Ford Ranger I drove had the worst shifter. It had to move like a foot and a half each shift, and it wobbled all over the place.

Oct 2, 2004

Nodoze posted:

I am 6'1" and I fit in my S2000 great. I don't even have the seat all the way back either

I'm 6'2" and the closest I came to fitting my legs in an S2000 had my knees wrapped around the wheel like a gokart. I knew from that day on I could never have one.

Oct 2, 2004

I drove mine for about 12 hours with my brother picking it up, and it was the first time we'd driven manual. And the heat/defroster didn't work - in the middle of a blizzard. On summer only tires.

Good times. :allears:

Oct 2, 2004

So I want to get back into a Miata, and am planning on budgeting a FM VoodooII into the money I set aside. Is there any benefit to a year range outside of the 1.8s making more power than the 1.6s?
I'm not really picky between NAs or NBs, but would probably want an NA because that's what I had before.

I have any amount of time to wait until the right one comes up, so I'll wait for the right one if theres any benefits.

Oct 2, 2004

I'm not looking to make a ton of power. 150-175whp would be plenty, and should be really reliable still.

I think a later NB would be out of what I want to spend, but I would if the right car came around.

Oct 2, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can anyone actually explain the "rolled up t-shirt" or "pool noodle" thing to me? All of the forum discussions about lowering a two-piece top without unzipping the rear window reference it, but I can never figure out what you're actually supposed to do, and my plastic window is already creased from the PO.

You have to fold the rear window, which can crack if it's folded too sharply. The shirt or noodle is to prevent that.

Oct 2, 2004

There's worse pictures on Autotrader. I've been scanning them daily.
I'm pretty sure it spun and hit the back and the front ends.

I'd bet there's a lot worse underneath.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 15, 2014

Oct 2, 2004

At least it has a yellow dipstick. Speed and class.

Oct 2, 2004

The colour is fantastic.

Oct 2, 2004

I had mounted mine inside the grill with zipties. It looks good, but might not be so great to the radiator. Never had any cooling issues but that's maybe just my experience.

Oct 2, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Did you have any cop issues though? I guess it's technically there, but sadly I don't think something like this would fly here.

I've never been pulled over for it, however I did get pulled over while driving my brother's RX8 that he took the front plate off and put in the windshield. I claimed someone backed into his car and broke the plastic mount and a new one was on it's way from Mazda in Japan.

Ontario here by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 2, 2004

I did that on a '90 with no armrest pull. Fun times :suicide: