Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So are the miata.net forums worth reading or is there a better place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Piano posted:

People get flak for replacing the wheels and such.

I wonder how they feel about my 14" RPF1's since they are lighter than stock :c00l:

Jokes aside, that seems like it will be my home for Miata talk. Although I can't understand how someone could think a stock car is the best. Car companies cut so many corners for profitability and longevity of parts. You can't tell me struts and springs are better than good coilovers.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Could someone with an NA Miata possibly measure the distance from the hub to the fender? Not the up down way, but the lateral distance.

Like so:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

FatCow posted:

At full droop with stock suspension?

Honestly any droop as long as the car isn't running stock camber. Shouldn't change my number too much I would think.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 16, 2010

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just to see the proportions of my wheel/tire combo. The stock photo looks like it is close, but it could have other factors in play like spacers or something. The website says hub but it I'm sure they meant rotor now that I think of it.

http://www.jonathanrowny.com/page/offset-calculator

Wheels: http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/21-1015.html

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

FatCow posted:

Tire selection sucks in 14".

My other car is a literal econobox (1st gen xB), so I'm perfectly happy with my tire selection.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Saw this at the track yesterday and decided it's the perfect car.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Just joined the club for 2300 bucks.

:feelsgood:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

typicalgoongarage.jpg

A Miata and an SV650 living in harmony. I got the Miata on the cheap because the rear brakes don't work for some reason. It's fine though, because I want to learn how to tear apart brakes anyway :colbert:

Also, those wheels are going as soon as I have money for tires to put on my RPF1's. Also need a stock exhaust, Jesus Christ the exhaust is annoying.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 8, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Phone posted:

Run with a depowered rack, like a (third) man.

Agreeed, I have a depowered rack right now and think its fun to drive a car that doesn't coddle you as you drive. Not sure if I would want depowered if I were tracking it though, might get tiring.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What rollbar should I get goons?

Car is a weekend driver
I want to AutoX once I fix brakes
I have an aftermarket glass window top, not sure brand
I want to eventually have a hardtop
Don't want to spend a buttload

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
5'6" tall
1993 Miata

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 6, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anyone? Bueller?
What rollbar should I get goons?

Car is a weekend driver
I want to AutoX once I fix brakes
I have an aftermarket glass window top, not sure brand
I want to eventually have a hardtop
Don't want to spend a buttload
5'6" tall
1993 Miata

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My leather seats are beyond repair. I was thinking of picking a set of these to go over existing seats. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I have some Clazzio's in my other car and you can't even tell they are seat covers which is what I am hoping these are like.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

willie_dee posted:

My MX5 just got stolen last night :cry:

drat, sorry to hear that.

Hug it out bro.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Picking up a hardtop tomorrow!!!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So tax return time!

I plan on buying some Koni shocks with some tax money and wanted to know what springs people recommend? I plan to do some autocrossing this season.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Black Black checking it!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

AF posted:

Thanks for all the feedback. The Miata sold already. I'm not that beat up about it. It was a clean example with some decent mods, but I think I would have regretted spending $4 - $4.5 for a 22 year old car.

A guy in my club just spent 9.9k on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazd...=item2c6c690fb7

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So looks like I am in the market for a new Miata! Too bad everyone else is right now that warm weather is upon us :saddowns:

Looking for a '94-'97 if anyone has leads.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Phone posted:

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/convertibles/1506_2016_mazda_mx_5_vs_2015_subaru_brz_comparison/

Randy Pobst turned a faster lap in an ND than he did in a BRZ. The ND does the 0-60 dance faster than the BRZ and NC, gets better gas mileage.

Wow, that BRZ interior is hideous.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"Just build the NA again that will pass new crash tests".

That would be so niche. I would love it, but imagine how few they would sell.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So the plastic connector for my headlight bulb (NB Miata) won't release one side. I tried for 20 minutes and gave up because it was hot as balls. Other side comes out fine. Any ideas on how to get this sucker out a different way?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lyesh posted:

Slice it out and replace it with a ceramic connector because the plastic ones just melt and make it a pain in the rear end to change bulbs.

I'm slightly bitter.

Autozone guy was able to wrestle it out. Liberal application of bulb grease on the new one.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

Am I a bad person for wanting a blinged out power hard top ND. I don't really race my NA or anything

No, I bet it will come after the normals have been on sale a while. The take rate was pretty high on PRHT.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Miata just went on a pretty nice diet and lost 80.4lbs.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Guinness posted:

Did you seriously do image editing in Word with spellcheck and grammar check on?

I am bad at computer...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My cruise control doesn't work. The previous owner claims it worked on his vacation. He replaced the battery after he got back from said vacation. Could these things be related? I have no clue how to diagnose cruise control issues. The control switch on the inside doesn't even light up (is an aftermarket cruise I think).

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rhyno posted:

At Pull-A-Part in Indianapolis

Indy? We should have a play date!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Caught a quick glimpse of an ND on the wild on my commute this morning. Looks puffy, not sure if I like it.

I still want to see the trunk in person. It looks so awkward in photos.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Most Miatas here (Indiana) seem to be manual. I wonder if it's a function of a Miata pretty much needing to be a fun extra car up here and not primary transportation?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I hate the Internet sometimes...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lol at this rollbar chat. To think it was a no-brainer...

edit to contribute: I need brake pads for a car that is a daily, but I drive it relatively hard. Plan on getting SS brake lines at the same time.

I was thinking of getting the Hawk HP+, but have heard dust is crazy off them. Is there a big difference between the HPS and HP+? Will I be disappointed in the HPS if I ever try an Auto-X?

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 1, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Great Beer posted:

and it smells like cigarettes.

Lowes rents ozone generators.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Must resist the call of the ND...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dear Mazda NA, gently caress you and your stupid NAV screen. Why can't I have this option?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

drgnvale posted:

You can? That's how the sport model comes.

I value the LSD more than a clean looking dash. Hopefully 2016 has more ways to configure, to include heated seats in a Club.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Been driving my NB1 with cheap snow tires and it has been a blast except for when there is solid ice.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Heat is the enemy of longevity?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My headlight bulb is seized onto connector? Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The only hate I get is from brotrucks. Everyone else gets it or stays quiet I guess.