Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!

Guinness posted:

[timg]The NC's styling has really grown on me. It's like a more modern, more aggressive NA, which is great. Some people say it's a fat pig and is too "soft". Granted, it does weigh about 200 pounds more than the previous cars (at 2400 vs 2200 pounds). The NC is really much more modernized than the previous iterations. Even the NB in 2005 was basically the same car as the NA in 1990, with tweaks along the way. For a huge revision and update, gaining 200 pounds (but also gaining about 25hp and 15 ft.-lbs.) isn't too bad by today's standards. 2400 pounds is a pretty drat light car for the mainstream market in 2007 (unfortunately).

While the NA is what made me want a Miata so many years ago, it just seems a bit outdated looking to me now. I like the NB's looks and the NC has really grown on me, especially the interior which seems more sophisticated than the earlier models.

Is there much of a difference between the three generations as far as being a daily driver? I'm looking to get a new(er) car next month and I was highly considering the NC, but there are a lot of NBs on sale in the Houston area, while used NCs are severely lacking.

Also, is there a big difference between the 6 speed/17 inch wheels/front tower brace and the 5 speed/16 inch wheels in the NC?

quote:

It's just that if you get into the loaded models pushing $30k, that's getting a little absurd.

GT + PRHT is what would get it that high, though. I would think the models most people would buy would be in the $23-24k range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!

TooLShack posted:

Sure you can, but I think you are being a bit silly. With cars getting heavier and heavier a addition of around 200 pounds is not that bad. After I lost my 2000 SE to a wreck I decided to get a NC because of the side air bags. My NC feels a lot faster than my NB and I really like how the top works. The suspension is a bit softer but I only have the touring edition so it does have the sports suspension pack on it. I think the NC is a great car and is respectful to the Miata line.

Thanks for the constructive NB vs NC comments. How would you compare the handling in the two cars and how do they compare in daily driving, cabin room, etc?

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!

angor posted:

Also, if anyone is looking to buy an NC, mine is for sale :(

Where are you at? And why are you selling it?

Moritastic
Oct 25, 2005

I don't wanna explode!
I'm now the very proud owner of a 2006 Touring:

I don't know about the auto, but I never once felt I didn't have enough power. The manual is a joy and it's simply a blast to drive.