Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

alright i'm definitely posting the thread in the next hour or 2, would anybody want to whip up a quick banner for the thread maybe using "oops i forgot to tell a joke" or blood gates or something

also i'm not going to post descriptions of each artist like i originally thought since it would become too cluttered and i'll just wind up leaving things out for artists i'm not as familiar with - instead i've got the absolute worst 5ish comics from each terrible artist, and later on in the thread i or whoever else wants to can go more in-depth on that particular artist (including things like pet issues, interesting position changes, etc) and it can be linked from the op's horrible artist index

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

keels what kind of phrasing and imagery do you think would work w/ the banner

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

i have no idea

i mean it did start out as the mallard fillmore thread but the focus has been changing to just editorials in general, absolutely anything at all would be good

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

tacodaemon posted:

keels what kind of phrasing and imagery do you think would work w/ the banner

I see the "Open the Blood Gates" comic with Kelly in the corner saying "Oops, I forgot to tell a joke"

I'd do it myself, but I have 0 of the images necessary on my hard drive.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I like "chuck asay is celebrating no queers eve", but Global Warming is probably a better choice.

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
have categories of terrible

licar wins artistically

asay wins for bigotry

stuff like that, iunno

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

I think a rapid-fire montage of all the "it's cold! global warming disproved" cartoons would suit nicely, with it stopping on the mccoy cartoon with al gore's tongue stuck to a pole

hopefully we can brainstorm witty text for it

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

I can whip out the banner ad if I get the required dimensions.

Edit: Unless it's an animated .gif then someone else'll have to do it.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

well basically right now i have the entire thread finished except for the intro text and banner

i don't really have any requirements as to the dimensions of the banner or theme or anything

if you have any questions hit me up on aim at "aim for keels" and if you wanna get an idea of what it'll look like let me know and i'll pm you

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

A first attempt

Edit:

Yeah I dunno good luck I'm going to bed.

Pepperoneedy fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 31, 2008

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal
free fedallah
viva la revoluçion
dont make a banner itll just draw more gbs filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG BAG OF KEYS
Feb 17, 2007

semper gitfiscal