Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Crumbunist posted:

Jesus Christ. Half of those don't even make any loving sense relative to anything. The Condi one is just awful and racist and the Rush one is just wishing rape on him for some apparent unconnected slight.

This one is great too. I guess I can see some of the "dumb soldier" ones (I've met a few, though it's really in poor taste) but calling them suicide bombers? Really? You're going to go with that? gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
This was today's. This is without question the laziest loving comic stripper in the world. How the hell does he still have a job?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Warble posted:

sweet so the comic is basically his inane bitchy blog except he has to draw a duck holding a piece of paper over and over

Except most inane bitchy bloggers don't get paid to write an entire article solely about their new email address

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Angst posted:

say what you want this actually had a punchline

i think that is somewhat diminished by he fact that

a) it isn't funny
b) it's essentially the same comic from the day before

seriously the guy is kind of an idiot but the real problem here is that he's loving lazy and still has a job, it's not like he works at being a moronic pandering blowhard even

edit: oh hey look what I found

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/mallard/charactMaina.htm

"Dave" and "Rush" are good names for Vietnamese people

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 7, 2007

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

RightHonourableHolt posted:

drat yoonyuns and their givin money to Demmycrats and stoppin the vouchers!

So Rush seems pretty precocious. His father runs a diner. Someone else is teaching the kid...surly not a union member.

His father has taught him all about Common Sense and the Value of a Dollar by making him do poo poo work for free at the diner probably

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Space Kimchi posted:

Haha what the hell is this? Surely the "conservative" viewpoint on adopt vs buy would be that buying is market-forces and therefore the right thing to do! Trying to guilt people into propping up the undesirables of canine society is just bleeding heart liberal foolishness that rewards unsuccessful dogs for being lazy and expecting everything to be handed to them on an aluminum dish.

The bigger question is why is he filling space with this nonsense? Mixed-breed dogs have been around long before labradoodles and dog breeding has been around for ages, it's not exactly news that new and old breeds come into and go out of vogue.

Unless there's some bizarre racist undertone about how we shouldn't dignify race mixing by giving half-breeds an official name. Of course I don't really believe that but this poo poo is even more pointless than the "HEY GUYS PEYTON MANNING WANTS TO TELL YOU I HAVE A NEW EMAIL" poo poo. This stupid poo poo belongs in "Hi and Lois", not the editorial page cartoons.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Nonsense posted:

Is Peyton Manning a known conservative football player or somebody famous for being conservative while playing football? or.. what the gently caress was with that cartoon, it's still throwing me off?

I think the "joke" if you can call it that is that Manning's in a lot of commercials, therefore he's the ideal candidate to appear (albeit badly drawn) in a strip written for the sole purpose of telling Tinsley's readers he signed up for a new gmail account.

It's a sad testament on how commercial sports have become today. Because grown men playing a game for money used to be about Honour and Love of the Game.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Martytoof posted:

Tinsley only knows how to draw the duck's one expression, huh?

Well you saw what happened when he tried to draw Peyton. He's basically the guy in class who just doodles one thing over and over again instead of working but somehow he managed to get a job doing that

also notice how mallard is frequently holding a sheaf of papers like a reporter would, but Tinsley/Mallard is a failed reporter. Probably explains all that animosity towards the liberal media/anchormen in general all in one go.

Anyway if you take that last comic in complete isolation and stick it on the normal comics page it would fall into the top 25% of that day's crap so I guess that means he wrote something "funny".

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Steely McBeam posted:

You would have to be a loving moron not to know that strip was fake and presented as such. Which means Tinsley's either a loving moron, or is intentionally lying to smear his opponents. Probably both, really.

I think it's just dishonesty, not stupidity. I seriously get sick of seeing this and you don't necessarily need to have a specific left-right bias to do the political equivalent of flopping around on the ground like an Italian soccer player. Tinsley KNOWS it's a parody strip. There's no possible way, especially as the creator of the strip, he could interpret that as anything but. It's not even like he can claim the strip was parodied in a fashion that it could be taken out of context as a "look how stupid conservatives are this is what they believe" strawman.

Tucker Carlson does this same thing a lot, Hardball's Chris Matthews does it occasionally, Abrams with some regularity. With those panel style shows on MSNBC they seem to have it down to a science. Take some out of context quote or whatever, spin it with the most outrageous possible interpretation, give a random guest a chance to talk about how outrageous it is, if they don't play ball just cut them off and repeat the same question in a slightly different way than the next guest.

These aren't stupid people, I think they're all actually pretty smart. They know exactly what they're doing, and the sad thing is with the possible exception of Tucker, they're not even doing it with some political goal in mind.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Posting in this thread to defend the honor of store-bought eggnog, which is a very delicious way to get heart disease

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
eating this organism is okay eating this organism is not

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
"Dial-Up."

Anyway how the hell do you support the free market and then take pride in your own ignorance of technology? "Technology will fix it" and DURR THINGS WERE BETTER BEFORE ALL THESE GOL DURN COMPUTERS THE WORLD MOVES TOO FAST WHY DO I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO USE NEW THINGS would not appear to be compatible world viewpoints

but at this point I think we're all just very impressed that he managed to draw his loving duck doing something besides looking into a sheaf of papers for no reason even if he did have to draw him from behind, apparently had to trace in a nerd from a 1985 edition of "Hi and Lois", and all the "mysterious technology" on the shelves is just long, vague boxes.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

also is he implying that ray nagin didn't catch heat for that or is he implying that if a white mayor said that he would be right

He's implying that the modern, reasonable white people would never ever do something like this. You know, such as a coded crackdown on "gangs" or "illegals" as an excuse to hassle a particular group of people who other people are afraid of.

No, it's the black mayors and their reverse racism that are making it hard for the white man to make a living in this country anymore. They have all the best jobs.

quote:

don't those people recognize it when they are being patronized?
Have you ever read the comics page? There are a few in there that actually challenge the reader from time to time but sadly the majority of comic strips today are just horribly insulting and written specifically for grandmas who think things kids do are so adorable!!!

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Uncle Wemus posted:

also why isn't mallards usual face drawn into one of the corners for joke value to show that things are different than they were in the 1600's and also that liberals are the real bad guys once again

because there's no plausible reason mallard would have his face buried in a sheaf of papers in a bathroom context and tinsley can't draw

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Buzzard posted:

to be honest though i think that drawing of colbert is pretty accurate :shobon:

uh

okay there's kind of a resemblance but if I didn't know that was Colbert I would have no idea who it was supposed to be

but then we're talking about tinsley here so if the caricature doesn't look like a diseased football it's pretty much spot on

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

and he reuses jokes instead of art most of the time

Uh

I think what you meant to say is "Difficult, the panels aren't always the same size."

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Just to provide some comparison to other comic strips:

Today's Doonesbury, which can be pretty good at times, and which our newspaper casts as the "counterpoint" to mallard on the editorial page. This one though just an insipid advertisement for a site that probably didn't even pay him to write it and horrible "joke":

But at least it's reasonably well drawn.

Now compare to pretty much 95% of newspaper comics on 95% of days:

Conclusion: 95% of comic strippers are lazy hacks who essentially make a career off of illustrating "The Good Clean Joke-Book for Kids Vol. 2"

Unfortunately for Tinsley there is no "Good Clean Liberal Jokebook for Kids" so he just has to write sentences containing the word "liberals" and show a duck reading from a sheaf of papers and hope he gets an ice burn in there somewhere

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
LIVING LANGUAGE.

Dateline 2007 Bruce Tinsley convicted of not having his finger on the pulse of america

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
don't be so juvenile guys it's a well known fact that that's just a sign of arousal

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Nien Nunb posted:

me chinese me play joke me go pee pee in your coke

i used to sing this on the playground in grade school oh the shame
I think you'll find it's actually "me japanese, me so sick, me put vaseline on my dick"

drscience posted:

I like how he draws anyone he doesn't like as though they just completed a lethal dose of electrical shock therapy
Along with people he does like and random sports figures

In short I think the problem is that he can't draw

Today's:

Some people don't want gun control.
Those that do are criminals.
Therefore, laws about workplace harassment will climb into your bedroom at night, kill you and rape your daughter.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 5, 2007

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Okay this one is actually kind of funny but I'm willing to bet anything he doesn't say anything mean about the US side of the toy crap

Also Jesus Christ look at the eyebrows on that reindeer

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Pamplmoose posted:

what other jokes referencing china and lead do you have in mind

China sure has bill clinton on a lead! Hahahaha bill clinton.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

TenementFunster posted:

uh yeah based on her name recognition she sure did win that senate office

so which major candidate from either party is running on anything more than semicelebrity status

answer: Mitt Romney because he "looks presidential"

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Um guys

quote:

3. You may not use this cartoon in a disparaging context or manner.

I think you broke the law and you're going to go to jail for making fun of the crazy man

Wow I'm sure glad I read this comic I don't want to eat corn that some creepy guy has been shooting up with mysterious green zombie juice and zapping with a ray gun

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 12, 2007

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Paradol Ex posted:

life doesn't have meaning, but that's fine, it can still be great.

living in a police state is certainly a travesty, tho.

buy yourself a custom title so we don't have to see that horror every time you post

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Foggy posted:

I refuse to eat anything that was once alive

my diet is sunlight and locally harvested salt

i'd rather starve to death than greedily rape and murder photons and innocent NaCl molecules for my own vile sustenance

Mallard:

yeah okay there buddy much as I dislike china's totalitarian politics you didn't need to write the shittiest possible poem about "Christ's Day"

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Liberals control the media
'Specially the Jews
So go to this nutjob website
To get all of your news!
No need to write a proper poem with any semblance of rhyme or structure
'Cause that's less time for booze

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Code Jockey posted:

I see Tinsley at his desk, furiously sketching away, beer hat full of cheap whiskey. After drawing every panel, he takes a mighty swig from his hat, slams his fist to the drawing board, and screams "LIBERALS!"

Uhh what the hell are you talking about

It's common knowledge he drinks the Winner's Cup Whiskey from a paper cup so after every swig he can slam it down on the table and crush it and pretend hes' breaking glass or crystal or another material he can't afford

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Today's Mallard:

And the ASCII version:
code:
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT o< TEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEX o< TTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Just noticed this from today's, in case none of you had yet realized Tinsley is the laziest gently caress in all known creation:

What is that poo poo? He has two duck heads to draw and clips one of them off at the bust so he doesn't have to draw a body but instead of doing his usual bird's eye view showing his hands or something he just says "gently caress it more booze" and does a little halfass scribble around his neck and calls it a day.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

I like this one. Yeah, monarchies are stupid and outmoded but Chavez needs to shut his gob too so it all evens out in the end.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
the only possible explanation is that Tinsley imports his booze

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Mugglefucker posted:

You can be a sane and rational authoritarian it just isn't common.

Lord Vetinari is a wise and just ruler in the Discworld books, therefore it will work in real life too

Hey if Ayn Rand can use fictional constructs to prop up her stupid politics so can I

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Well I'd say this is evidence Tinsley has run out of ideas and is padding the theme out but I'm not sure it's fair to accuse him of ever having ideas in the first place

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Space Kimchi posted:

jesus christ you faggots need to shut up or post political cartoons already

Aight

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
This one is pretty special

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

I like how he changed this theme from "HAHA LIBERALS" to "WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH AIRLINE PEANUTS"

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

God bless Jesus Day (Not a 'culture war' cartoon at all I swear it by my lord and savior, Mr. Walker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Duhh what