Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«121 »
Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

Dunk does a 2 day festival in Belgium (and Vermont apparently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Do you see?

A human heart posted:

A big post rock festival is a tough proposition because people tend to fall asleep after the first three bands

Talking of which:

Meh, I dunno. Not nearly as good as previous years yet IMO. Still loads more to come though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ahhh, ninja beer!
Ninja beer?
Beer that vanish without trace!

Junkenstein posted:

Talking of which:

Meh, I dunno. Not nearly as good as previous years yet IMO. Still loads more to come though.

Rolo Tomassi being there is

precision
May 7, 2006

Double great.

Just today I learned that Flying Saucer Attack came back in 2015.

I also learned the two albums he's put out since 2015 are pretty bad.

WaryWarren
Apr 30, 2013

Paul Clipson, who worked as a projectionist with Tarantel, Grouper and others, passed away this weekend.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

A human heart posted:

A big post rock festival is a tough proposition because people tend to fall asleep after the first three bands
Well considering the average song length I can only assume that's at least 7 hours.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

Skullgirls devs are perverts who are having an hangover after a succesful indiegogo. They watched the tropes vs women and they hate their fans, repented and now want to be seen as Legit Indie Game Developers in the IGF ballpit/circlejerk for hipsters.

Pomp has also an anime avatar.

I got God's Pee tickets, what's on their setlist this year?

Major Ryan
May 10, 2008

Completely blank

Pomp posted:

I got God's Pee tickets, what's on their setlist this year?

When I saw them a few months back it was most of Luciferian Towers followed up by all of Slow Riot. With some extra intro/bridge stuff that I don’t think were ‘real’ tracks.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

This Will Destroy You is playing their first album in it's entirety here in May...might go.

Of course I could just listen to the album but its at a venue I've never been to before and it's not super expensive or anything...so we'll see.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

Captain Hotbutt posted:

This Will Destroy You is playing their first album in it's entirety here in May...might go.

Of course I could just listen to the album but its at a venue I've never been to before and it's not super expensive or anything...so we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

They're so loving good live. And loud too. Go to this. Do not hesitate.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

yeah that's right

they're finishing up a new album too. go see twdy

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

*~*~ CONJURE ~*~ ~*~* FOOD *~*~*

Just listened to Jakob's Cale:Drew for the first time (the remaster) and there was a bit of a moment on the original final track when the outro is also the intro for Malachite, first track off their next record Solace. That was amazing, wish the bonus track was next-to-last so it had even more impact.

The first two songs on C:D immediately stood out. Absolute bangers. The rest will take more listens probably.

In this batch of music I also bought the Solace remaster and pg.lost's latest (among other insanely good off-topic stuff). Good headphone times are ahead.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Jakob is excellent if a bit samey at times. There's a definite Jakob sound permeating most of their tracks. It's not a single riff or anything but it kind of feels like it at times.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

yeah that's right

i think jakob's albums are a bit samey within themselves but each album has a bit of a different sound. their lows are still pretty good and there are a solid 3-4 really good tracks on each album. they're also awesome live

e: be sure to check out their self titled and erfo EPs if anyone here hasn't already. means and amasae are 2 of their best songs (verstaerker is good too)

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2018 around 07:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

*~*~ CONJURE ~*~ ~*~* FOOD *~*~*

"Samey" is not a criticism I would think of to direct at Jakob; I really like their style so I always want more of it. I'm also not a fan of wild tempo or style changes.

I was actually hearing The Diffusion of Our Inherent Situation in my dreams last night, that's when you know you like a song I guess.

e: Something I've noticed Jakob is really good at - making actual music out of chaotic guitar distortion/feedback/etc. Like, with their loudest movements with lots of guitar noise, they control it in a way where it always has a structure that fits with the drums/bass. That's super neato.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2018 around 22:28

«121 »