Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«123 »
Ofecks
May 4, 2009

*~*~ CONJURE ~*~ ~*~* FOOD *~*~*

Woa, he's got one of those guitars that's like, double guitars.

What's that blue-light thing he's using on the bass part?

Makes me think... with those repeater pedals and some electronic drums, you could feasibly do something like this by yourself.

I mean, play some drums for a minute, repeat them. Get on the bass, repeat it. Repeat a guitar riff. Put another bass layer in. Then another guitar layer. Then some extra cymbals, then more guitar etc. etc. Eventually you'd have this insane cacophony similar to what most post-rock sounds like at full-tilt.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2018 around 19:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyboard vomit
Jun 23, 2012

Ofecks posted:

Makes me think... with those repeater pedals and some electronic drums, you could feasibly do something like this by yourself.

I mean, play some drums for a minute, repeat them. Get on the bass, repeat it. Repeat a guitar riff. Put another bass layer in. Then another guitar layer. Then some extra cymbals, then more guitar etc. etc. Eventually you'd have this insane cacophony similar to what most post-rock sounds like at full-tilt.

The blue thing is an electric bow type thing.

El Ten Eleven is a must see live show, last one I was at the drummer was playing the bass while Kristian plays the guitar on one track.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

I've seen El Ten twice and can confirm that they're excellent live and absolutely worth seeing.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Do you see?

Ofecks posted:

Theo used to (not sure if he's still around) get all the guitar parts up and running then sit down and have a bash on the drums, that was pretty cool.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I just wanted to complain about the Rachel's album The Sea and the Bells and how it's a generally really lovely album but fuuuck that part in The Sirens.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

GrandpaPants posted:

I just wanted to complain about the Rachel's album The Sea and the Bells and how it's a generally really lovely album but fuuuck that part in The Sirens.

Check out this pleb. Can't get down to ear piercing tone clusters. Go back to listening to baroque corals, chump.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/statu...623624252583936

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

you guys feel anything yet

gently caress it's in Los Angeles

I need to figure out how to go to this.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Fuuuuuuuuu

Maybe they'll do a DVD or something, that band list is insane but there's no way I can get to LA, gently caress.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

THAT LINEUP OMG

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUi0GNVIaw

No Tether just came out a few days ago.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

you guys feel anything yet

No Tether is really good, thanks for posting it.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

It's great. I think I prefer their more melodic songs (Alarmist, Binary Collapse) but I dig the free jazz/drone stuff too.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

I know they're like post-rock/black metal, but Deafheaven's new album is real fuckin' good. I was remembering when I saw them tour with This Will Destroy You last year. That was such an amazing show, goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8g0XNyHRw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5eQuhBfDE0

Rageaholic Monkey fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2018 around 19:22

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Hello, I'd like to humiliate some hussies and I'm in a hurry.

Caspian are supporting Minus the Bear all throughout October, on MtB's farewell tour, so if you like both those bands...GO NUTS

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Caspian are supporting Minus the Bear all throughout October, on MtB's farewell tour, so if you like both those bands...GO NUTS

I'd also posit that Caspian is a better live band, nothing against Minus the Bear.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I need to go to the Minus the Bear farewell show here because they're one of my all-time favorite bands and I've seen them like 6 or 7 times, but it's at the end of November and Caspian won't be touring with them anymore by then

We get Tera Melos instead, which cool, but I would've preferred Caspian for sure. I haven't seen Tera Melos live in like 10 years and I can't even remember whether I liked that show or not. I like all their studio stuff I've heard, but I definitely like Caspian more.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

angrygodofjebus posted:

I'd also posit that Caspian is a better live band, nothing against Minus the Bear.

Yeah Caspian absolutely rip live

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

"What do you fear
most in the world?"

"The possibility that
love is not enough."

It's about goddamn time

https://twitter.com/_TWDY_/status/1025096503226855424

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

love the artwork

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

I'm at the God's pee concert in Baltimore getting deafened by a drone. Pretty excited to hear them, even though concerts are way out of my comfort zone. I've heard they're great live, so here's hoping!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

Skullgirls devs are perverts who are having an hangover after a succesful indiegogo. They watched the tropes vs women and they hate their fans, repented and now want to be seen as Legit Indie Game Developers in the IGF ballpit/circlejerk for hipsters.

Pomp has also an anime avatar.

A big flaming stink posted:

I'm at the God's pee concert in Baltimore getting deafened by a drone. Pretty excited to hear them, even though concerts are way out of my comfort zone. I've heard they're great live, so here's hoping!

It's about to get real loud in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Pomp posted:

It's about to get real loud in there

Yes.

Yes it did.

«123 »