Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Two albums I feel to be worth mentioning:

Gregor Samsa's 55:12

The album is characterized by a soft, meloncholy sound and the beautiful layering of male and female vocals. I didn't like it at first, but that was because I was listening to it at low volumes. There's a lot of little details and touches that make this album really shine, and you have to play it at a decent volume to really get the full effect. They did a split with Red Sparrowes, who were mentioned previously in this thread.

Laura's Mapping Your Dreams

Nothing too special going on here. They're really like EITS with a more raw, focused sound. It doesn't do anything new, but it's a solid album with no real weak spots.

I would also like to second the notion that Agalloch are completely bad-rear end and should be given a shot by everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

windwaker posted:

Also, why the hell does Mono have a live DVD and not some band like EitS?

It's probably because Mono are awesome. They've been active for about the same amount of time, have similar amounts of fans, and Mono even have more releases than EitS. It's probably just something EitS never felt the need to do.