Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Pomp posted:

I got God's Pee tickets, what's on their setlist this year?

When I saw them a few months back it was most of Luciferian Towers followed up by all of Slow Riot. With some extra intro/bridge stuff that I don’t think were ‘real’ tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

SmokinDan posted:

New Mono song is out and album is due for January next year.

Spotify link

The song slays.

Awesome. Shame it's so long till the album comes out, but whatever, sure it'll be great.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
First track from We Lost The Sea's upcoming album is out.

https://welostthesea.bandcamp.com/

It's wonderful.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

oxsnard posted:

New We Lost the Sea album out:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5Vbi...wJO-0c6xymQ0k2I

The last 2 tracks in particular are great

I mean, I've been waiting for this for ages but... drat that's good.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I've never even heard of Slint. Listening now, and teenage me would have been all over that if I'd have known about them in the nineties.

It's obviously different to EITS and GYBE but yeah, I get it. I mean, I really like it whatever you call it.

The new Mogwai album - whoever said perfectly acceptable Mogwai was right. I accept it into the Mogwai fold; it is neither their best nor worst offering.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

hatelull posted:

So if you had to pick number one WORST Mogwai offering, what would it be?

Worst is tough because nothing’s “bad”, but I much prefer their more recent albums to the more rock inspired work. Young Team does not do much for me, but I feel really bad labelling it THE WORST.

The Les Revenants soundtrack might be my favourite thing they’ve done though, that really gives me chills and the first time I listened to it I _really_ got hit by it.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
It's really good. I preferred the first two tracks to the second two, but potentially I'd drifted off a bit and not paid as much attention later as I did earlier. It's all wonderfully competent though - great to listen to something that I knew I was going to enjoy and just being entirely satisfied that it was as good as expected.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I saw GY!BE when they were in Bristol UK a few years back. They played at this old dance music venue that's supposed to be really well respected but was actually pretty run down and felt pretty skeevy, but the show itself was amazing. They played most of Luciferian Towers and ended with Slow Riot, I couldn't have asked for much more.

They're playing Bristol again but a different venue so definitely going to get tickets assuming next January is all safe to do that sort of thing.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Yeah, tickets for GY!BE in January. First gig in ages, obviously, and very much looking forward to it. Now I don't know how I feel... Just have to see what happens I guess.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
GodSpeed have postponed their UK and European dates in Jan/Feb. Rescheduled til September.

Saves me the hassle of figuring out how much I wanted to go considering the plague numbers here, but still a shame for everyone with tickets.

Also our heroes leave us with the following

GSY!BE posted:

upcoming scotland, u.k. and euro shows are all postponed. not because of pandemic, but because we're living through the mess that austerity has wrought- a death narrative writ by dumb boss-logic, where workers are expected to slave thru plague years w/no reward but more precarity.

gently caress yes.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Was concerned that last night's GSY!BE gig was going to be slightly muted/low on people turning up because of the funeral and general disruption.

Absolutely wrong. Place was packed, gig was amazing. They felt absolutely on top of their game, I'm still totally buzzing about it 12 hours later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
And they're in the UK in early October. Perfect, I need to buy tickets.