Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I don't really do vinyl or I'd pick it up, but I threw down $5 on your bandcamp for Nothing Exists but Atoms and the Void. Spaces is pretty good stuff! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Ohms posted:

Every bit of support is appreciated. Hope you like the album!

I finally got to give the whole thing a listen. This owns. Your band owns. Keep it up!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

I really like Galilean Satellites and A Determinism of Morality. The rest is decent. There are better atmosludge bands but they're a good one.

Wake/Lift. :colbert:

I like Rosetta a lot but everything after A Determinism of Morality has been super hit or miss for me. 3 albums since then and really like 1 or 2 standout tracks on each.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wild Light is excellent, but I think it helps to remember that the new 65dos is like, literally a video game soundtrack.

It's better than the game at least.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Sigur Ros is touring the US this summer, some of the shows are already sold out. might have to make the 3 hour drive to Philly for this one.

e: tour dates

https://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

agh poo poo it's april-june not the summer, sorry.

suuma fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 15, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
ISIS (first Panopticon, then Oceanic), followed by God is an Astronaut (at least the first 4 albums), Russian Circles (Enter), Caspian (Tertia, Waking Season). I stuck with Pelican for a while but found all of their albums sounded exactly the same after a while. Red Sparowes was pretty killer, got stuck on Mouth of the Architect for a while too.

ISIS led me to Neurosis (A Sun That Never Sets, The Eye of Every Storm, Given to the Rising) and Cult of Luna (Salvation, Somewhere Along the Highway), Russian Circles led me to Rosetta(Galilean Satellites, Wake/Lift, then Year of No Light (Nord, Ausserwelt). GY!BE snuck in there somewhere.

God is an Astronaut led me to Mono and EiTS but I could never really get into EiTS for some reason.

I didn't get into Sigur Ros til recently but () is probably a perfect album.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Jakob is excellent if a bit samey at times. There's a definite Jakob sound permeating most of their tracks. It's not a single riff or anything but it kind of feels like it at times.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Fuuuuuuuuu

Maybe they'll do a DVD or something, that band list is insane but there's no way I can get to LA, gently caress.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, new We Lost The Sea is really good and I don't want to wait til October :(

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah a lot of post rock bands have a really specific sound, but it's not always a bad thing. God is an Astronaut is super samey whereas Jakob and Russian Circles have a tone or whatever that repeats in a lot of their stuff.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
For .. album art, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
A few years ago on Spotify or whatever I had a pretty good string of random post-x bands that all managed to sample the "mad as hell" speech from Network :v: