Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I definitely enjoyed bits of it but it's mostly not good. I am glad it has seen the light of day though, it's still exciting. I wonder if people would still be willing to pay as much money for it now that we know it's not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

allelujah is my favourite godspeed album, with at state's end and f#a# pretty close behind. Mladic hits so hard

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Jeherrin posted:

Watching them play The Mighty Rio Grande is on my list of things I wish for that’ll never happen.

they play the mighty Rio Grande pretty regularly, so if they come your way there's a pretty good chance you'll get to see it

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

i saw sigur ros last night and it was a hell of a show. the setlist was mostly made up of ( ) and Takk era stuff, with a couple from Agaetis Byrjun, a couple from Med Sud, and one each from Valtari and Kveikur, plus a few new tracks. they're playing again tonight and it's tempting even though it'll probably be the same set again. they played for 2.5 hours so we definitely got our money's worth

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Jeherrin posted:

ArcTangent trip report: Alcest: incredible. Maybeshewill: good, but not great. Caspian: phenomenal. The energy of those guys was insane. Played stuff from the new record as well as bits from hymn for the greatest generation and dust and disquiet. A burst of Quovis during the sound check.

MONO was loving MONO. No words. Just volume. Sound that just tore through you. I love them. Kind of unbelievably there were people in front of me without earplugs. No idea how they tolerated it, and honestly that’s just dumb AF.

don't skip TWDY, you didn't mention them in your last post :kiddo:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Jeherrin posted:

I went on a TWDY binge and bough everything of theirs I didn’t have on Bandcamp. It’s bliss.

Seeing We Lost The Sea next month. Can’t wait.

I just saw we lost the sea a couple weeks ago and it was a pretty good show. I hadn't listened to them before I bought the ticket to the gig and really enjoyed it live

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

We Lost The Sea are planted firmly in the “yeah, that sure sounds like Post-Rock!” camp of Post-Rock bands. It’s hard to have a distinct signature sound when the entire genre is just instrumental, ambient soundscapes with varying levels of dramatic tension. I’ve listened to all their records on YouTube a handful of times and can’t really remember anything standing out one way or the other, but I’d be happy to see them live.

this is how I felt after listening to a couple of their albums and I was happy I saw them live. it wasn't as good as your jakobs or monos, but it was a fun time and worth the 30 Australian dollars for admission

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I saw mono last night and they played COM(?) as the encore :yeshaha:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I'm seeing Russian Circles for the first time this Thursday :guitar:

they posted a setlist from last night's show on their Facebook though so at least the majority of their set has been spoiled :mad: praying they mix it up slightly between shows in the hope I get to see Milano live

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

scored a free ticket to mogwai next week :c00lbert: I haven't seen them before but have been led to believe that earplugs are a must?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Jewmanji posted:

Yes but also earplugs are a must at basically every show imo :corsair:

I do take my earplugs to most shows I go to but occasionally I forget. I'll make sure not to do it this time (and will make sure I remember to grab some for my partner, who is much less consistent with it than I am). thanks goons. very excited