Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I wanted to share this with people and thought this was the proper thread.

I was in a post-rock/instrumental band called A Wednesday Afternoon Fine Arts Club, we wrote a crap-ton of songs, played a few small shows, and broke up.

I've recently decided to take some of the music and put it against movies that the guitarist and I liked. Here's the first one, if anyone is interested in hearing the rest of our music I can put it up somewhere for you guys to hear.

http://vimeo.com/19472627

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

snortpocket posted:

I really enjoyed this and would totally be down for hearing more :cheers:

Glad someone likes it. I'll be going through all our recordings and equalizing them over the next few weeks and post it in here when I'm done.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Godspeed just announced some new tour dates. :D

http://pitchfork.com/news/50451-godspeed-you-black-emperor-announce-tour/

quote:

08-03 Katowice, Poland - OFF Festival
08-08 Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival
08-09 Göteborg, SE - Way Out West Festival
08-11 Helsinki, Finland - Flow Festival
08-17 St. Malo, France - La Route de Rock
08-18 Paris, France - Le Trianon
09-04 Vancouver, British Columbia - Vogue Theatre
09-05 Seattle, WA - Showbox at the Market
09-06 Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
09-07 Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
09-09 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
09-12 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
09-14 Pomona, CA - The Fox Theatre
09-15 Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern
09-16 Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Anthem for No State, Pt. III is really good. drat good.

xiansi posted:

That is an insanely good album.

And I have never seen these guys live, though it sounds like I really should. Which will be getting rectified end of October in London, even if it's a Tuesday - work on Wednesday be dammed.

Yeah they are amazing live, if they are playing near you, you should really check them out! They typically bring along some amazing visuals too. They have a few projectors setup with actual film stock and they have their (touring) projectionist destroy film with some type of chemical that dissolves the film? It's a really cool effect. I mean, this all might sound really pretentious- hm, on second thought it probably is.

But really, they are amazing live. I've been lucky enough to catch them several times since their resurgence, the best experience probably was seeing them play in a cathedral here in LA. It was kind of surreal to watch this band in a church, while sitting a pew.

Speaking of shows, anyone catching Explosions in the Sky tonight at the Greek?

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 19, 2017