Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.
Oh hey, the new post-rock thread.

I've been listening to Kwoon for like a week now. Going to buy their album as soon as possible.

http://www.myspace.com/kwoonmusic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Hollis Brown posted:

Some of their live tracks makes their album work absolutely pale in comparison. Albanian and Blaise Bailey pt. 2 in particular. If you want energy, look for their live tracks. I believe they were on Archive.org at some point.

Adding in Manufactured Loops performed 1997-05-10: Can-Zine Festival, Symptom Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada, Hung Over As The Queen in Maida Vale from the John Peel Sessions, the version of Albanian performed 2003-03-27: Live at Palais Royale, Toronto, ON, Canada.

And of course, in my opinion, the finest live GY!BE song is the 27 minute version of Do You Know How To Waltz? performed 1998-10-10: Shuba's, Chicago played with Low.

Amazing song.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

aoxomoxoa posted:

Where can this be downloaded (legally)? I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even on archive.org, which has tons of GY!BE shows. I'd really love to hear it.

It was a Low show, Godspeed was their tourmates at the time. I looked over Archive.org and didn't see it.

Pointing to it appears to be a rule violation. Godspeed's policy on trading live recordings is well known, but I don't know anything about Low.

It's still out there though, I found a copy with a lot of Google digging.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

pill for your ills posted:

There will be a new album from A Silver Mt. Zion this next year. It will be called "13 Blues For Thirteen Moons." Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2718635

Let's all go see them in concert a thousand times more.

What a minute, did War Radio, God Bless Our Dead Marines and Four is Over Five get an album when I wasn't looking? I won't grumble too much, but I was looking forward to these three. Maybe throw in a new version of Iron Bridge To Thunder Bay too. Blind Blind Blind and 1,000,000 Died to Make This Sound just didn't grab me the way the ones I proposed did.

fnordcircle posted:

God Is an Astronaut
Definitely not an EITS rip-off to me, there's a bit more of a New Age music sound going here, others may disagree.

My two favorite songs by them are off of "All is Violent, All is Bright."

I have a friend who I introduced to God Is an Astronaut and he really liked If These Trees Could Talk when I played it for him, so maybe give that a go.

Hydrac7 posted:

Lately, I can't get enough of Rachel's. They play classical influenced post-rock although there isn't a lot of rock to it. Instead, it's a whole lot of strings, piano, and a little bit of percussion. I recommend Music for Egon Schiele.

I'm always down for some Rachel's (I like Handwriting the best) and find it's nice to mix in some Max Richter in the playlist. Try The Blue Notebook or Songs From Before and see if you agree.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

kirkjames posted:

God Bless Our Dead Marines is off Horses in the Sky, and are you sure those songs might not be alternate titles to older songs? Godspeed and Constellation Records in general loves to do this.

I forgot about Horses, I thought it was the same version they played on NY radio, but I just listened to the two and it isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHtOfhTs6lg

An excerpt from War Radio. garygxx is right, from the tour with HangedUp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Wigglyben posted:

Kind of. Those are great songs, but I was looking for something with more instruments, like violins, cellos, etc. like GYBE. I'm not even sure something like that exists though.

Are you thinking of something like A Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra's "Sit in the Middle of Three Galloping Dogs"? Or maybe Esmerine's "The Marvellous Engines of Resistance"?

Having a hard time getting a handle on what you're after.